£1.50 text charge?????

Options

Comments

• Sid_Harper
    Sid_Harper Posts: 1,891 Forumite
    Options
    I've had the block on my T-mobile accounts for ages - not only is it ridiculous that the other networks don't yet offer this, but also that you can be charged for something you never agreed to. It's like someone washing your windscreen at the traffic lights without asking and asking you for money for doing it.

It strikes me that, from a legal perspective, you should be able to write a letter to the network saying that you have at no point authorised anyone to charge anything to your account other than Vodafone, and since you pay them the bill, it is their problem. Say you want a full and immediate refund of such charges within 7 days, otherwise you'll commence legal action to recover them plus your costs without further notice.

What you'll more than likely find is that they will give you the money back.
    The thanks button is here to the right. If you find a post saves you money, gives you useful information, or you agree with it, take a second to thank the poster! :)
    >>>
  • wantmemoney
    wantmemoney Posts: 836 Forumite
    Options
    but Vodafone says "It's nothing to do with us".
    Vodafone even went on to comment "Well it is probably a couple of guys sitting in a bedroom working out ways to defraud people"....
    Vodafone are telling you a pack if lies.

Vodafone take 20% share of the money that has been stolen off you (Government 17.5%). The other mobile operators take up to 50% share of the money that's stolen.
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.html?p=9743421&postcount=12
  • Poppy9
    Poppy9 Posts: 18,833 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I've been plagued recently by spam texts from Synergy, Floorfillrs & CRASH. I rang O2 who told me to block them on my handset. I had tried this and it didn't work.

After some digging on the O2 website I found you can forward SPAM text messages to O2 complaints department. The number you forward them to is 7726. I haven't received anymore spam texts since.:T :T :T
    :) ~Laugh and the world laughs with you, weep and you weep alone.~:)
  • hammymad
    hammymad Posts: 253 Forumite
    Options
    wow! sounds good, i haven't got any spam messages but my daughter gets a few! will pass it on

thank you
    2009 - A year to remember. :rolleyes:
  • manozuikis
    Options
    I was charged by Blink.com an enormous amout of money for the texts they were sending me.

This rip off company has started spaming me few months ago. With the first text i send them 'stop', however they still kept sending me texts with random links I was not able to respond to any of those.

Disregarding my stop message they charged me over 70GBP and are not reimbrusing it

I have contacted them and they keep telling me that i have suscribed on to 2 services and cancelled only one. They are a rip off company illegally charging people and getting thei numbers from third parties!!!!

PS, pls ignore the vote

Any ideas what is the best and the shortest way to go around it to get my money back?
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,889 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    You could ask them how to unsubscribe from the second service.

By the way, what is the poll all about? I don't know which way to vote.
  • manozuikis
    Options
    I did, but those people still charge me.
    Any ideas where is the best place to report them to?
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,889 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Look around.

There's lots of information... here and here for example.
  • 678hug
    678hug Posts: 6 Forumite
    Options
    Just found out that i have been billed £1.28 by Mobizar (Tanla Mobile Ltd) for an unsolicited text. Begrudgingly i sent the STOP text to 81404 and have filled in an online ICSTIS compalint.

Phoned O2 who said that they normally find that people had called the company in the past and in most cases it wasn't unsolicited.
    How on earth can o2 take the side of a company who has been fined 4 times this year totalling £87000 for exactly this activity. 4 formal reprimands as well. It's clear whose side o2 are on. I wonder why. Maybe it's because o2 take 30% of the fraudulent income.

Like somebody else said earlier, the fines are just a tax on a fraudulent income. These fines do nothing to prevent the company doing it again and again. To them it's just an occupational hazard.

I'm not going to waste my time comaplaining to o2. I'm going to my MP with it.
  • wantmemoney
    wantmemoney Posts: 836 Forumite
    Options
    http://www.nma.co.uk/Articles/37865/PhonepayPlus+reveals+40+rise+in+mobile+complaints.html
    PhonepayPlus reveals 40% rise in mobile complaints

PhonepayPlus has announced a review of mobile premium services following a bout of considerable consumer complaints.
    The enquiry is to focus around mobile content services such as ringtones, games and other downloads.
    The premium services regulator received 4,500 complaints regarding mobile services in the first three months of 2008, a 40% year-on-year rise. It has also handed out fines of over £290,000 to service operators already this year, despite only fining a total of £360,000 for all of 2007.
    The review is to centre around unsolicited promotional SMS messages, price transparency and subscription services.
    George Kidd, chief executive of PhonepayPlus, said, "There are clear rules when it comes to the promotion, content and delivery of mobile phone paid services. We expect these rules to be followed and any failings of compliance will be punished," said.
    there are too many people saying the same thing about the same companies for all of them to be lying
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure