Changed for Good

Options
123457»

Comments

• DreamerHelen
    Options
    I just know it will be worth it hun.....And something special that you will remember forever.... :)

There are so many amazing things to do in Orlando.....I can make some recommendations nearer the time if that would be helpful xXx :)
  • rockm87
    rockm87 Posts: 847 Forumite
    Wedding Day Wonder
    Options
    That would be awesome! thank you.
    Total Debt in Feb 2015 - £6,052 | DEBT FREE 26/05/2017
    Swagbucks £200 Valued Opinions £100
    Dave Ramsey Baby Step 2 | Mr Money Mustache Addict
  • rockm87
    Wedding Day Wonder
    Options
    Hi all,

just wanting to catch up. So I've now booked my mum's 50th birthday present of going away for a weekend in Berlin. She's never been on a plane before, and I know she'll love the Christmas market.

It's not cheap, but I my siblings are helping me pay for it. I'm however paying the bulk which is £700. It has gone on the credit card, but has only added 3 months to my debt free date. But I am working my behind off to make it sooner,going to have a look at home and see what I can sell!!

Next week is my birthday! looking forward to some nice celebrations and hopefully some birthday money (I've asked) as I am desperate for new clothes....too fat for anything other than pj bottoms or my work trousers..oops!
  • DreamerHelen
    DreamerHelen Posts: 2,629 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Hey Hun, feel free to PM me anytime and I'll do my best to give you some tips about Orlando.... :)

That's so sweet of you to pay for your Mum to go to Berlin and I bet she'll absolutely love it....
  • rockm87
    Wedding Day Wonder
    Options
    Hi all!

So it's been so long since I've posted I'm now another year older!

I have my birthday last week, and had a few days off work to relax and indulge. I got some birthday money too, which I need to buy some nice new clothes with..happy me!

Made a roast dinner yesterday for my mum's birthday (never cooked for more than 2 before, so very happy I cooked for 6 pretty easily with my tiny oven). She is very excited about going to Germany next month too.

I have been very lazy with swagbucks or any kind of money making or saving lately. I've got £8.90 sitting on my valued opinions app which I need to add to, to get a voucher intime for getting some christmas presents....oh....and need to make a start on christmas shopping.

I've been saving here and there for most of the year so I've got I will have about £300 to spend on christmas (I buy about 10 people presents). so not bad!

I need to catch up on my Dave Ramsey podcasts...anyone listen?

I have been following Jordan Page (funcheaporfree.com) on youtube and instagram though, love her and all her frugal tips!

so happy the clocks went back, felt much better waking up this morning in the light...can't wait I love this time of year...but must get back to watching those pennies...as it can be the most expensive time of the year...
  • rockm87
    Wedding Day Wonder
    Options
    Another payday, this time I feel different.

As i have eliminated two credit cards in the last few months, I now only have one payment to a card and one to the joint account (for bills and rent)...and that's it.. the rest of the money is mine....and it's all budgeted for events and holidays spends.

very exciting! very strange.

It's also DH payday, and Ive asked him if he will be able to put any money aside for the honeymoon. money is always a tricky subject with him, and he just gets cross at me so we dont have to talk about it. He's a head in the sand, stress head on a paid DMP, and still takes on new debt with shopping catalogues and adding tablets to his phone bills etc.

After getting cross last night, today he has asked if I will help him with a budget.

Thing is, he will make new attempts, new ways of doing it (envelope system, giving all the money to me etc etc) but never commits fully, and never sticks it out for more than one month, so he never gains anything.

It so frustrating for me, we earn about the same, and have the same amount to pay in bills and debt, but he loves spending, he has to have things 'New' & 'Now'...he will not ever feel like he is sacrificing, even thoguh he has racked up the debt...several times over..

He thinks I have more money than him, that it is unfair....

but hey ho, half a day at work tomorrow, cheap date night in, and meal on sunday (gift card for the whole meal)....!
  • rockm87
    Wedding Day Wonder
    Options
    Hi
    havent updated in ages, everything seems to have become crazy...mainly in my head..! but still feel like there arent enough hours in the day.

Getting close to cashing out on swagbucks and valuedopinions, another £15 for christmas presents. Have ordered 3 christmas presents (the body shop, 30% off, with loyalty points and double swagbucks).

Off to Germany soon, rather than pay £120 for taxi to airport, booked in to the car park for £30 (with quidco cashback). All set now!

I've converted a couple of my friends to listen to the Dave Ramsey show, they're saving for a wedding, and dont earn alot, but are really surprised at themselves for getting ahead...I'm so glad his advice is working for them.

Dropped the ball on the budget this month, we forgot a couple of birthdays, so had to raid the stash of cards in the draw, and put a tenner in the cards, which isnt bad....but I hate poor planning.
  • rockm87
    Wedding Day Wonder
    Options
    I'm just going to update this very old diary!

To a community that understands, as of my May payday, I am now DEBT FREE!!

I paid off a lot of debt, have had cards for over 8 years and even managed to get married and spend 2 weeks in Florida during that time...so money all over the place.

But I now am debt free, have a little bit of savings, and I wish everyone the best of luck on their journey.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills