Compensation for delayed flights Discussion Area

Options

Comments

• Vauban
    Vauban Posts: 4,736 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi,
    Background: 9 hour flight delay with poor information on the day on when the 10.50am flight would actually be departing and shuffled to numerous gates in the first 2 hours of delay.

Sent claim forms into Monarch 28 days ago and received following Rejection today:

Is the opinion here that they have successfully wriggled from paying out ? Or do I still have a case to take appeal it with the CAA ?

Regards
    Rob

I've answered on your duplicate post. But if you think that appealing to the CAA is useful, I don't think you've done much reading up of other posts here ...
  • natsplatnat
    natsplatnat Posts: 3,033 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi, again!

Small Planet 19 hour delay, 22/06/13.

I have a few of questions that I hope you learned people may be able to help me with:-

Is there any significance in the fact that my original Invoice shows a flight number 'QS3056' and the tickets and booking confirmation show a flight number 'P7443'?

Does the fact that a number of passengers booked on the flight were conacted the day before travel and moved to another airport carry any weight with my claim?

What happens if SP say that they were never booked to provide the plane for this flight?

Does it matter that the ATOL protection paperwork seems to indicate the flight company as Smallwings (not Small Planet)?

Has anyone had any success in persuing a tour operator for breach of 'Package Travel Regulations'? (I am thinking ahead that if I have no succcess with SP, it may be worth going after Olympic as part of the regulations state "is liable to the consumer for the proper performance of the obligations under the contract, irrespective of whether such obligations are to be performed by that other party or by other suppliers of services".)

Many thanks, Natalie :)
    start = Wed 19th Nov 2008 £21,225
    end = Mon 28th Sept 2015 DEBT FREE!
    I love a good plan - it may not work.... but I love a good plan!
  • middlecat
    middlecat Posts: 63 Forumite
    Options
    Hello MSEers,

I sent off a letter to SAS and received the following reply.

I am not sure what to do next. Is a wildcat strike a valid reason to reject a claim?

Thanks,

mc

Your correspondence has been received in regards to your cancelled travel with SAS on 21/24Jan2006 and your claim for compensation in accordance with EU regulation 261/2004.

I have received confirmation from our Head Office that on 21JAN206 your flights were cancelled as a consequence of extreme weather conditions in Copenhagen. They also confirm that flights were cancelled on 24JAN2006 due to a wildcat strike in Copenhagen resulting in the cancellation of flights in Denmark.

When flights are cancelled due to strikes action affecting the operation of flights and adverse weather conditions, compensation is not paid in these circumstances.

On this occasion your claim for compensation under EU regulations 261/2004 is denied.
  • 111KAB
    111KAB Posts: 3,645 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    middlecat wrote: »

On this occasion your claim for compensation under EU regulations 261/2004 is denied.

You are out of time anyway ..... forget it I'm afraid.
  • s_mobee
    Options
    Hi

I want to put a claim in for a 24 hour delay we experienced on our return flight from Cancun to Bristol in 2010 but I can remember the exact details and can't find that I've saved any related paperwork. I am fairly positive it was with Thomson and supposed to be on 16th Oct 2010 (we ended up flying a full 24 hours later). I think it may have been flight number TOM519.

All the passengers were put up at the Moon Palace hotel in Cancun for the night.

Was anyone else on this flight who could confirm the details?

Thank you in advance.
  • Caz3121
    Caz3121 Posts: 15,558 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    try the Thomson thread - there are 72 posts referencing Cancun delays if you search
  • natsplatnat
    Options
    Hi, again!

Small Planet 19 hour delay, 22/06/13.

I have a few of questions that I hope you learned people may be able to help me with:-

Is there any significance in the fact that my original Invoice shows a flight number 'QS3056' and the tickets and booking confirmation show a flight number 'P7443'?

Does the fact that a number of passengers booked on the flight were conacted the day before travel and moved to another airport carry any weight with my claim?

What happens if SP say that they were never booked to provide the plane for this flight?

Does it matter that the ATOL protection paperwork seems to indicate the flight company as Smallwings (not Small Planet)?

Has anyone had any success in persuing a tour operator for breach of 'Package Travel Regulations'? (I am thinking ahead that if I have no succcess with SP, it may be worth going after Olympic as part of the regulations state "is liable to the consumer for the proper performance of the obligations under the contract, irrespective of whether such obligations are to be performed by that other party or by other suppliers of services".)

Many thanks, Natalie :)

Any thoughts please?? :O)
  • 111KAB
    111KAB Posts: 3,645 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Any thoughts please?? :O)

See post #42 here > http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=62901286#post62901286

I did ask for address for you but poster replied they had written to Poland ... you may get better response via PM :)
  • natsplatnat
    Options
    111KAB wrote: »
    See post #42 here > http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=62901286#post62901286

I did ask for address for you but poster replied they had written to Poland ... you may get better response via PM :)

Thanks 111KAB!! :D

I will contact them at the same office and see! I am not holding my breath... but I am not easily beaten!!

If anyone can help with the other points in my post above, I would be most grateful!!
  • postiedibbs
    Options
    Hi,
    Thank you for the info on flight delay compensation, I used your template letters and pursued Iberia Airlines for a 16 hour delay from Madrid to Cape Town in September 2010 and today I received two cheques for £518 for me and my spouse.
    Thanks
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure