PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Homemade hobnobs?

Comments

• Nova5
    Nova5 Posts: 99
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Hi Skinnygirl,

I would but I've eaten the last of my 3rd (yes I'm a pig!) batch this afternoon.

I reckon if you get at least 30 out of the ingredients listed and have the oven hot enough you'll succeed. For the record, I haven't timed mine - just keep looking until they're golden. I think it may of taken nearer 20 mins rather than 15. Good luck! :D
  • ~Chameleon~
    ~Chameleon~ Posts: 11,956
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    I got 40 out of the batch I made earlier and they took exactly 15 mins to cook at gas mark 4 on the middle shelf.

I'd take a pic but have no idea how then to get it from my phone to my PC, sorry :o
    “You can please some of the people some of the time, all of the people some of the time, some of the people all of the time, but you can never please all of the people all of the time.”
  • twink
    twink Posts: 3,827 Forumite
    i gor 46 out of mine and someone else got 50, depends what size you make them, as for the timing, it would be 15-20 mins depending on your oven, i am not good at taking pics either but will see if i can get kyle to take one, dont be frightened to try again though skinnygirl, just dont overheat the marg
  • welshgirlmel
    welshgirlmel Posts: 557
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Oh my god I think ive put on half a stone since i made them - even my husband who says he hates hob nobs ate them and my son loves them. I cooked them for 12 minutes, made them with honey as I have no golden syrup and melted butter and they were perfect. Made 18 out of half the batch, so many thanks
    Mel
  • ampersand
    ampersand Posts: 9,555
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    AussieLass wrote: »
    Twink I think you've run off to Australia and pinched our recipe called ANZACS and renamed them Hobnobs.

Oooooh the cheek. :D
    Except I think they're ours, too.
    Just brought Special Edition tin back for Oz ami in France and enclosed leaflet specifies 'New Zealand' as source, with them becoming firm favourites of the ANZ Army Corps.
    Mmm, have been making lamingtons, honey bubble square and chcocolate crackles, too.
    Nostalgia IS what it used to be.[FONT=ARIAL,HELVETICA,SANS-SERIF]kies and Don't know what's happened top my trying to add[/FONT]
    CAP[UK]for FREE EXPERT DEBT &BUDGET HELP:
    01274 760721, freephone0800 328 0006
    'People don't want much. They want: "Someone to love, somewhere to live, somewhere to work and something to hope for."
    Norman Kirk, NZLP- Prime Minister, 1972
    ***JE SUIS CHARLIE***
    'It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere' François-Marie AROUET

• AussieLass
    AussieLass Posts: 4,066
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    NO, NO, NO those awful Kiwi's had nothing to do with them. :D Next thing you'll be saying Pavlova was all yours. Hrmmmmmp :rolleyes:

Being such a nice person I'm letting Twink have all the fame and glory for HER [STRIKE]hobnobs[/STRIKE] Anzacs. :rotfl:
    Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia. ;)

• twink
    twink Posts: 3,827 Forumite
    gee thanks aussielass, i bow to your graciousness :D:p hopefully kyle will take a photo of them, mind i only put three biscuits over as i know i wont get them back :D
  • Miss_Cinnabon
    Miss_Cinnabon Posts: 19,481
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    200706300043bx8.jpg

This is twinks biscuits:D hope u can see them ok on my brightly coloured plate:rotfl:

Kyle
  • AussieLass
    AussieLass Posts: 4,066
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Funnily enough they look exactly like Anzacs. :rolleyes: :D
    Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia. ;)

• ampersand
    ampersand Posts: 9,555
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Yup, these ones>
    <DIV id=container>nzww_logo_bl.gifheads.jpgsubscribe.gifshim.gifecblank.gifsearch_nzww.giftrans1x1.giftrans1x1.gif show_ad_tag('http://ads.apn.co.nz','nzww','SEC','FOOD','STY','760X120','',''); on error resume next if ( 5 = 3 ) then plugin = ( IsObject(CreateObject("ShockwaveFlash.ShockwaveFlash.3")))if (( 5 Copyright © 2007, APN Holdings NZ Ltd Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
    search%3Fhl%3Den%26q%3D+galley+anzac+biscuits+recipe%26meta%3D m?ci=nz-apn&cg=nzww
    CAP[UK]for FREE EXPERT DEBT &BUDGET HELP:
    01274 760721, freephone0800 328 0006
    'People don't want much. They want: "Someone to love, somewhere to live, somewhere to work and something to hope for."
    Norman Kirk, NZLP- Prime Minister, 1972
    ***JE SUIS CHARLIE***
    'It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere' François-Marie AROUET

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback