PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

September 2013 Grocery Challenge

Options

Comments

• kayester
    kayester Posts: 1,844 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    just ordered my weekly asda shop for £80.97 (including the £5 delivery for month) hoping to just do a top up this time next week as got a few things for freezer.
    i usually order for the 8 hour slot so now that i have the voucher it will be nice not having to wait around all day, and gone for a nice 2 hour slot :)
    i dont usually like ordering top ups but as its free delivery i will take advantage and may buy a slow cooker next week. shall see how many NSD i have :):)
    216/2018 (make ££ in 2018)

Grocery challenge
    Jan 227/400
    swagbucks target 2018 1452/27375
  • Florenceem
    Options
    Mr F has popped to local Mr A for a jar of coffee. :(
    I don't drink coffee and Mr F rarely does but the decorator needs to be kept hydrated. :D
    Decluttering Achieved - 2023 - 10,364 Decluttering - 2024 - 3,129 May - 180/406
    GC NSD 2023 - 242/365
    2023 Craft Makes - 245 Craft Spends 2023 - £676.03/£400
    Books read - 2023 - 37
    GC - 2024 4 Week Period £39.19/£100 NSD - 101
    2024 Craft Makes - 235 Craft Spends 2024 £363.16/£500
  • aliwali
    Options
    I'm up to £33.64 this week. My A&C delivery is coming tomorrow, then it's just a few fresh bits at the weekend. I think I may be quite a bit under budget this week. I'll update my total on Sunday.
    Fashion on a ration 0 of 66
  • Sequeena
    Sequeena Posts: 4,728 Forumite
    Options
    Happy belated birthday Florenceem!

Declaring my 1st week of September at £48.14. Under budget! :j Today is my second NSD day too :D
    Wife and mother :j
    Grocery budget
    April week 1 - £42.78 | week 2 - £53.05
    24lbs in 12 weeks 15/24
  • sunset_gold
    Options
    XSpender wrote: »
    Yes I know:o I nearly bought a bag of popping corn in Mr T last week but decided against it for some reason. I am really into the salted version now as I miss crisps as being coeliac there are only a few brands I can have and some of those are the gorgeous but expensive hand made ones.

I will get some next week when I get paid and see how much I can save as a bag of ready made is 84p.

Melted chocolate to dip in like marshmellows maybe???

3 NSD this week, A$DA milk shopping planned for tomorrow and He£nz baked beans (A£LI's just don't do it for me anymore!) hoping to keep my eyes down while in there, except for the YS section, don't want to be tempted!

Happy Birthday to all the birthday girls and boys, have a good one!
  • LisaJane
    Options
    Hello! After a big shop last week to start the month, I was struck down last week with what I can only describe as man flu!! So I have been doing tiny shops daily (sometimes twice daily) to get what I have felt like eating. My appetite has been poor, so it has been soup and cold remedies mostly for me!! £89.70 spent so far this month. I am off today to do a sort of big shop today...we need toilet roll, kitchen roll, cordial, stuff like that! I think i am over budget for this time of the month, but am gonna try really hard to keep within £200!!
    Save 12k in 2014 (my target: £10 000):
    My savings: £4878.54/£7000
    Joint account savings: £2685.57/£3000
    Total:£7564.11/£10 000 (as at 26/10/14)
  • WantToBeSE
    Options
    WantToBeSE wrote: »
    Happy Birthday Flo, have a wonderful day!

Today will hopefully be another NSD, although i do have to get some bread.

Found bread in the freezer, so another grocery NSD! :D
  • Pandora_2
    Options
    Happy belated Birthday Florenceem!!

I'm still poorly but the doctor has given me some tablets so hopefully I will be better soon! Didn't make it into work yesterday, so also didn't try and get my refunds and as I'm not feeling up to fighting with customer services I will be emailing them today.

Bit of an expensive couple of days with opening lots of new packets etc, but as most have stuff left in them it means I shouldn't need to spend much more for the next few days as I eat them up :) Signature has been updated accordingly and I'm still under budget which is good as there have been a few treats as well!! :D

Wasn't going to go out today, but as I'm pretty much out of cat food I need to pop out so while I'm there, I'm going to get the slow cooker that's in my Mr T's for £15 as it looks fairly decent. As my oven doesn't work properly (takes about an hour to cook something that should take 20mins!!!!!!!) it will save me a fortune in gas! :D
    :ADFW Nerd 145:A
    LBM - June 2006 - DEBTS - £19,261.08 :eek:
    Nov 2017 - £10,644.92!!
    Debt free date - 13/08/2022 - the day before I turn 40!!!!! :beer:
    Grocery Challenge - Dec 2017 £30.63/£150
  • PrincessLou
    Options
    Sorry, forgot to put my target in red!

£200 for September please :j

So thought I would make a good start on the challenge last weekend and went about sorting through my cupboards to see what I had to use up. Found lots of things I had forgotten about but ended up smashing half a big bottle of extra virgin olive oil all over the kitchen floor. What a waste of money :mad:

Also managed to sort out my freezer earlier in the week. Found lots of opened half-packets of bread and bread rolls, all from over the summer, dating back to May. Does anyone know how long bread keeps in the freezer for before it starts going off/stale? I haven't thrown any out yet as I wanted to check first. If I'm told they will be still ok to eat then I will use it up for toast over the next month.

Have been on a couple of shops already and now have everything I need until Monday. Spent £33.13 in total which I am very pleased with, particularly as I chucked a few treats in the trolley as well ;)

Also got my 1st coupon out of four to collect for the Mr M £10 payday bonus voucher at the end of the month.

Total so far £33.13/£200 :j
    Mortgage - £105,500
  • meg72
    meg72 Posts: 5,164 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Sorry, forgot to put my target in red!

£200 for September please :j

So thought I would make a good start on the challenge last weekend and went about sorting through my cupboards to see what I had to use up. Found lots of things I had forgotten about but ended up smashing half a big bottle of extra virgin olive oil all over the kitchen floor. What a waste of money :mad:

Also managed to sort out my freezer earlier in the week. Found lots of opened half-packets of bread and bread rolls, all from over the summer, dating back to May. Does anyone know how long bread keeps in the freezer for before it starts going off/stale? I haven't thrown any out yet as I wanted to check first. If I'm told they will be still ok to eat then I will use it up for toast over the next month.

Have been on a couple of shops already and now have everything I need until Monday. Spent £33.13 in total which I am very pleased with, particularly as I chucked a few treats in the trolley as well ;)

Also got my 1st coupon out of four to collect for the Mr M £10 payday bonus voucher at the end of the month.

Total so far £33.13/£200 :j

Your bread will be fine for toast.
    Slimming World at target
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 6 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business