Anyone want to join me? Awaiting Mortgage decision...

Options

Comments

• JAH79
    JAH79 Posts: 3 Newbie
    Options
    Hi , well due to the default on my records I researched a few in the North / West Yorkshire area , but eventually stuck with a guy who a family member had used previously ... literally took care of everything from start to finish navigating us through the lenders and getting us a great rate ... things like HTB offer errors and small errors on full mortgage offer that would have taken me weeks back and forth were done in days !!!128077;... was a revelation for us !!!128077;... good luck with your purchase / sale
  • JAH79
    JAH79 Posts: 3 Newbie
    Options
    Hi , well due to the default on my records I researched a few in the North / West Yorkshire area , but eventually stuck with a guy who a family member had used previously ... literally took care of everything from start to finish navigating us through the lenders and getting us a great rate ... things like HTB offer errors and small errors on full mortgage offer that would have taken me weeks back and forth were done in days !!!128077;... was a revelation for us !!!128077;... good luck with your purchase / s
  • Wongus
    Wongus Posts: 52 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    marcmc84 wrote: »
    Same situation here, broker was good up until full application then we got passed to a case worker who on Monday should have had us in the underwriting queue and we would have got answer or more questions this Thursday. But they didn't upload all the documents despite lender chasing all week - I could log into Santander intermediaries and see what was happening, she was telling me porkies that she sent it, but I couldn't say id seen what the lender was saying back. Today it said final request and after 2 days we will get application rejected and will have to apply again, so got fed up today and rang Santander myself, then rang the broker and said send this document now its been outstanding since Monday and lender has been chasing you!!!! Within 1o minutes it was updated to show they had received it and now I'm waiting to be placed in underwriting queue. We should be looking at next Wednesday now based on the current wait times.

Sounds like we are in a similar situation, I've just sent you a private message. Do you think we have cause for a complaint to either Santander or L+C?
  • Shellsey84
    Shellsey84 Posts: 18 Forumite
    Options
    So mortgage application went in with Halifax, got a phone call from the Broker company I previously went with and was told my mortgage broker was asked to leave the business! So that’s why he never got in contact to sort my application!
    Valuation completed 21st June and heard from my new, amazing broker yesterday they the offer has been sent out.
    It’s been about 2 weeks from application to offer!
    Just got the solicitors to do their bits now!
  • marcmc84
    marcmc84 Posts: 49 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Applied to Santander though broker
    19th June - Full application submitted and accepted, hard credit check done (showing on Experian)
    20th June - Survey booked, further documents requested from underwriters
    22nd June - Submitted all documents they have requested
    26th June - Survey completed (haven't heard if any issues)
    26th June - Found out not passed to underwritters as broker not uploaded all the docs
    27th June - Chasing broker - resubmitted docs
    28th June - Docs still outstanding - santander final chase - Complained to broker, doc sent
    29th June - Finally passed to underwritting
  • liviboy
    liviboy Posts: 544 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Update:

09/06/18 - Viewed property - verbal offer made.
    10/06/18 - Decision in Principle received.
    11/06/18 - Formal offer made - offer accepted in principle. Estate agent instructed on the marketing and sale of our house.
    13/06/18 - Estate agent measured our property, home report instructed and a few other bits and pieces. Negotiation with solicitor regarding included items in sale of new property.
    14/06/18 - Full mortgage application made (Nationwide). Home report and survey carried out on my current house. Documents requested from Nationwide: Last payslip and proof of wife's bonus - both submitted electronically. Valuation booked for 15/06/18.
    15/06/18 - Valuation received and under review.
    18/06/18 - Application "passed for full assessment". Guessing it's just a waiting game now?
    20/06/18 - 2 Decision in Principle - Decline notifications on the tracker - called up and they are questioning items on both my and my wife's payslips. Info provided over the phone and e-mailed in April's payslip.
    21/06/18 - Called Nationwide to check if any further info required. Told no at the moment but documents would only be reviewed after Tuesday..another long weekend wait!!! Certainly not as smooth as 2014 when we were FTBs!!
    27/06/18 - Verbal offer made on our current property - accepted.
    28/06/19 - Written offer received.
    28/06/18 - Another Decline - called up and got it all figured out...full story here: https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.php?p=74469916&postcount=6
    28/06/18 - Decision in Principle - Accept, Offer Generated!

Not as smooth as 2014 by any stretch of the imagination but we got there in the end!

Date of entry is mid August so fingers crossed everything goes nice and smoothly.
  • dimestorediamond
    Options
    11/06 - AIP accepted with Principality via broker
    12/06 - Offer accepted on house
    13/06 - Chose my solicitor and informed EA
    15/06 - Email from my broker asking me to download, sign and return to them my application declaration as well as a DD mandate. Also, had the fee for the Home Buyers Report taken from my bank account by Principality.
    16/06 - Received letter from Valuer to say they'd been instructed.
    22/06 - Checked in with the EA to hear that the valuation still hadn't been booked, so got onto the valuation company myself and its now booked for 27/6.
    27/06 - Valuation took place
    29/06 - Received valuation report - few niggles that need to be looked at, but hopefully nothing too drastic.
    30/6 - Mortgage offer received in post! I thought that Principality were going to rest so much more evidence from me, but apparently not!
  • Juniortopp
    Juniortopp Posts: 26 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    FTB Glasgow

22/06 house viewed
    25/06 first offer discussed with solicitor
    26/06 another party viewing the house keen on property
    27/06 improved discussion with the lawyer. Submitted it to the EA. Offer accepted with 3 hours
    29/06 full mortgage application submitted with natwest via our broker

Just a waiting game now. Fingers crossed it all pans out as we are stressing so much.
  • chinedu40
    chinedu40 Posts: 8 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    chinedu40 wrote: »
    I suppose it's time to throw my hat in the ring. FTB with my partner. Purchasing a new build with help to buy.

12/05/18 Reserved property
    16/05/18 2 year fix DIP from Natwest via L&C broker. Partner and I decided 5 year fix would be better
    23/05/18 Received 5 year fix DIP from Natwest via Broker.
    25/05/18 Broker submitted application to Natwest. Payslips sent at this point.

The wait begins...

So just thought I’d update. We received our full mortgage offer today so just a little over 5 weeks from application to offer.

There was a two week delay in which my broker didn’t tell me Natwest needed more of my payslips, the valuation took about 10 days to organise but so glad the wait is over!

Good luck to everyone else.
  • Wongus
    Wongus Posts: 52 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Wongus wrote: »
    Sounds like we are in a similar situation, I've just sent you a private message. Do you think we have cause for a complaint to either Santander or L+C?

Update

02/07/2018 - Application agreed by underwriter, offer will be issued subject to a satisfactory valuation.

02/07/2018 - Text from L&C saying the our case has been approved and passed for offer which will take 24 hours.

Process with Santander has taken just under 1 month, however the process with L&C started 6 weeks ago.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback