Anyone want to join me? Awaiting Mortgage decision...

Options

Comments

• TickTok
    TickTok Posts: 9 Forumite
    edited 20 July 2018 at 8:55PM
    Options
    Hi all,

FTB here, using L&C and lender is HSBC. Going for 90% LTV with no financial issues, thankfully. It’s a chain-free purchase.

Week 1
    -Friday 06/07: Offer accepted (already had DIP)
    -Monday 09/07: Solicitor instructed
    -Tuesday 10/07: Full application submitted by L&C
    -Wednesday 11/07: Documents submitted to L&C branch. Valuation booked for 16/07.
    -Friday 13/07: I send L&C updated online statement showing proof of deposit in the a.m.

Week 2
    -Monday 16/07: Valuation done. L&C chased me for proof of deposit because case handler didn’t see my email from Friday. I resend, but we’ve now lost 2 working days. :mad:
    -Tuesday 17/07: L&C Confirm there are no outstanding queries. Told to expect response by COB Wednesday.

.....Wednesday came and went and no news. I was told HSBC is backlogged by 3 working days, but to expect a response on Friday. It’s Friday and still no news. I’ve freaked myself out by reading all the HSBC application posts, most of which are about how notoriously slow and strict they are. My broker tried to reassure me that they are a lot better now. Worked out teething pains with their systems, etc. I’m trying to maintain perspective and not be anxious because it’s not like I’ve been waiting for weeks like others but still....:(

Meanwhile, I found out the vendor (who hassled me to get the valuation done ASAP) hasn’t even instructed his solicitors and sent the forms for them to prepare the draft contract!:mad: My solicitors won’t start searches until they get the pack, which I understand (and prefer tbh).

Then when I checked the Council’s website to see how long they take to respond to search requests, of course now would be the time they announce a backlog due to staff shortage and technical difficulties. _pale_ So much for a quick sale.

So for now I’ll be directing ALL my angst at the EA to get the vendor moving. The EA has already annoyed me by repeatedly lying about changing the property listing to under offer/ sold STC. Only got around to it yesterday after I threatened to look elsewhere.

Thanks for reading my vent and good luck to everyone who’s still waiting!
  • heston2014
    heston2014 Posts: 208 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    heston2014 wrote: »
    Hi All

Going through one of the stressful moments of my life, remortgaging LTB to purchase second home.

Complex LTB due to decked access property, broker obtained AIP for LTB and onward purchase. Offer has been accepted, application for LTB submitted yesterday and now waiting anxiously for decision.

LTB with Vida homelands / onward with Halifax but not yet submitted application. Existing mortgage also with Halifax.

Hoping for good news, keeping everything crossed.

Let to Buy/remortgage and new purchase timelines (Vida homeloans and Halifax)

DIPs: 02/07/2018
    Offer accepted: 13/07/2018
    LTB full application submitted: 13/07/2018
    Hard credit searched: 16/07/2018
    Valuation instructed: 19/07/2018
    Purchase full application submitted: 19/07/2018
    Hard credit searched: 20/07/2018

Losing sleep every night!

:eek::eek::eek:
  • Tufa
    Tufa Posts: 43 Forumite
    Options
    Tufa wrote: »
    FTB with HTB London here, a bit cold water with L&C.

09/06 Offer made
    12/06 Offer accepted and started to gather all the paperwork to MA
    13/06 Mortgage application sent to L&C and from here every day we had to submit different paperwork to them.
    21/06 All paperwork been sent finally to Halifax (MA was on holiday, or didn't see my e-mail, etc..)
    22/06 ATP Issued (with wrong names)
    22/06 Valuation booked in
    28/06 Second ATP issued with correct names
    29/06 Valuation date
    02/07 Valuation rejected, down-valued the flat with an unrealistic price (original purchase price £493k, minus discount £5k, the flat valued to £420k where as no any other new development in 2 mile radius!)
    03/07 New mortgage application to Barclays (with wrong names again and info again, notified them, assumed they have corrected it)
    06/07 More information needed (L&C didn't forward the information to Barclays)
    13/07 More information needed again (apparently the wrong application form flagged up at Barclays as i had no job based since 2015 on the form, which is of course wrong)
    16/07 More information needed again (Wife had password protected payslips, and L&C didn't forward the password to Barclays, so had to do another employer referencing)

Today called Barclays directly to get some info as no updates from L&C.
    Still no valuation booked, god knows how long this will take..
    L&C only helpful and keep you in the loop until you send all the paperwork at the first stage. Once it's passed to the case manager, it is just painful and every time I ask about my case, the CM acts like he is doing a favor to me by answering(IF he is answering). I would let them to their job if they don't mess up my case on various occasion. I will go with a different broker next time for sure... :mad:
    21/07 Text from Barclays, valuation booked for Wednesday. This is after I called them up directly..
  • Grezz24
    Grezz24 Posts: 232 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Our timeline.

New Build application with help to buy (we have 3 defaults between us (due to drop off completely in next 6 month).

Natwest - 5 year fixed - 2.19%

15/07 - DIP given and credit check passed and requesting full application
    16/7 - documents submitted via broker
    17/7 - valuation arranged
    19/07 - valuation carried out
    20/07 - valuation received and approved
    20/07 - mortgage approved and offer given (pending Dec completion of new build)

very very fast compared to a lot of people on here - i was expecting a nightmare but so far all going well fingers crossed.
  • marcmc84
    marcmc84 Posts: 49 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Applied to Santander though broker
    19th June - Full application submitted and accepted, hard credit check done (showing on Experian)
    20th June - Survey booked, further documents requested from underwriters
    22nd June - Submitted all documents they have requested
    26th June - Survey completed (haven't heard if any issues)
    26th June - Found out not passed to underwritters as broker not uploaded all the docs
    27th June - Chasing broker - resubmitted docs
    28th June - Docs still outstanding - santander final chase - Complained to broker, doc sent
    29th June - Finally passed to underwritting
    4th July - Application declined (broker called me said its because of a missing document that we had already supplied that wasn't attached to case file. Spoken to senior underwriter who has agreed application can go ahead and we are back in underwriting queue.
    6th July - Back in underwriting queue
    12th July - heard nothing so chased broker for response. Told it will be looked at in due course.
    16th July - Still heard nothing so complained to L & C and they said they will look into and call me back. Had an email later that day saying it has fallen out of santanders accpetable timescales and they will fast track it and will have answer by morning on the 17th July.
    17th July - Request for further documents from lender - some they already had and are requesting again as saying not recieved. We sent them in with the full application and they accepted them, more lost documents the broker has had to submit.
    19th July - All documents provided and back in underwritting queue.

This has been going on so long now ive lost the will with it. Im so fed up and we are now being chased by the seller why we havent got our mortgage offer. Everything else is ready to complete on sale, surveys are back, draft contracts are done. Just need the mortgage offer but doesn't look like we will be getting one. Not sure what to do now as wasted so much time with Santander. Fed up.
  • TickTok
    TickTok Posts: 9 Forumite
    Options
    TickTok wrote: »
    Hi all,

FTB here, using L&C and lender is HSBC. Going for 90% LTV with no financial issues, thankfully. It’s a chain-free purchase.

Week 1
    -Friday 06/07: Offer accepted (already had DIP)
    -Monday 09/07: Solicitor instructed
    -Tuesday 10/07: Full application submitted by L&C
    -Wednesday 11/07: Documents submitted to L&C branch. Valuation booked for 16/07.
    -Friday 13/07: I send L&C updated online statement showing proof of deposit in the a.m.

Week 2
    -Monday 16/07: Valuation done. L&C chased me for proof of deposit because case handler didn’t see my email from Friday. I resend, but we’ve now lost 2 working days. :mad:
    -Tuesday 17/07: L&C Confirm there are no outstanding queries. Told to expect response by COB Wednesday......

Week 3
    - Monday 23/07: Chased L&C to find out progress. They confirm valuation is fine. But HSBC want to see July payslip with my increased salary (got a raise July 1), even though they initially said letter from employer was ok. Now the wait continues until end of July, when I get paid. Still no draft contract from vendor.:( EA said he’s chasing...
  • Sib2018
    Sib2018 Posts: 121 Forumite
    Options
    Natwest are terrible, my wife got first time buyer with them. Applied for new mortgage new house different treatment is now with underwriters. I think they don't treat current customers well.
  • heston2014
    heston2014 Posts: 208 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    heston2014 wrote: »
    Let to Buy/remortgage and new purchase timelines (Vida homeloans and Halifax)

DIPs: 02/07/2018
    Offer accepted: 13/07/2018
    LTB full application submitted: 13/07/2018
    Hard credit searched: 16/07/2018
    Valuation instructed: 19/07/2018
    Purchase full application submitted: 19/07/2018
    Hard credit searched: 20/07/2018

Losing sleep every night!

:eek::eek::eek:

LTB valuation booked: 26/07/18
    Purchase valuation: completed 23/07/18
  • jaelato1
    jaelato1 Posts: 139 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Sib2018 wrote: »
    Natwest are terrible, my wife got first time buyer with them. Applied for new mortgage new house different treatment is now with underwriters. I think they don't treat current customers well.

I don't understand why you think they need to treat you special because you are a current customer? Its a new application so due diligence will still need to be carried out regardless.
  • Sib2018
    Sib2018 Posts: 121 Forumite
    Options
    Maybe they are more focused on getting first time buyers on board, who knows.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback