Anyone want to join me? Awaiting Mortgage decision...

Options

Comments

• middy991
    middy991 Posts: 58 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Valuation carried out on Tuesday nd came back same day ok just waiting on offer now but lender says upto 7 days
  • Manni123
    Options
    This is from my morgage broker what does he mean so confused😂 don’t think they will need more wage slips as it’s back with the under writers again after validating documents.
  • Manni123
    Options
    Could someone please help me
  • Cheery_Daff
    Cheery_Daff Posts: 15,792 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Is this what the brokers have told you? - 'don’t think they will need more wage slips as it’s back with the under writers again after validating documents.'

That seems to mean that, at the minute, the lender (bank/building society) don't need you to provide any more wage slips, as your application is currently being looked at by their underwriters (who are the people who make the decision about whether or not to give you a mortgage). It seems they have validated your documents - which just means they have checked them (at this stage they've probably just checked they have everything they need from you).

Does that help? It seems to mean the lender has everything they need for now so you'll have to be patient and wait for them to get back to you!

If that doesn't make sense in context, you should probably go back to your broker and ask them what they meant :)
  • feekerry
    Options
    Got a call on Friday from broker saying lender happy with application and could I clarify a few points. Then got a text last night saying valuation instructed for next week!!!!
    Lender is paying for valuation so hopefully this is a massive plus point they have instructed this!!
  • middy991
    Options
    mortgage offer received this morning, sellers solicitors seem to be holding it up been over 3 weeks nd my solicitor still waiting on the contract pack from them
  • mailmannz
    mailmannz Posts: 311 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Well, this was quick. Applied last week for a mortgage through Barclays with the paper work being sent off on Friday morning.

Got a letter today (Wednesday) from Barclays saying "congratulations, find enclosed confirmation of your mortgage offer" :D

Now to get the ball rolling with everything else!

Regards

Mailman
  • Budapest123
    Options
    Bit of an update: found out yesterday that the mortgage has gone through and the formal docs are in the post!

Now just to try and get our solicitors to do sonething!

:j:j:j
  • LittleMac13
    LittleMac13 Posts: 52 Forumite
    edited 13 November 2017 at 10:42AM
    Options
    I'm hoping Santander are quick with mine too! They've been pretty speedy so far :-)

16-Oct-17 - Applied for AIP (8pm)
    17-Oct-17 - Got AIP certificate (at 9am hah!)
    23-Oct-17 - Submitted full application with broker
    26-Oct-17 - Submitted extra info as Santander requested
    28-Oct-17 - Received call for valuation appointment
    31-Oct-17 - Valuation!!
    *EDIT* - 06-Nov-2017 - MORTGAGE ACCEPTED!

Just hoping now that the valuation goes okay and I received an offer soon :-) Fingers crossed!

One question, does the fact I'm at the valuation stage mean I've "passed" whatever criteria Santander look for when underwriting? Or do they just run alongside each other?

:-)
  • tkel01
    tkel01 Posts: 56 Forumite
    Options
    Got AIP approved after referral with Leeds BS.....full application went in on Friday.....cant sleep...feel 10 years older!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback