Anyone want to join me? Awaiting Mortgage decision...

Options

Comments

• h240
    h240 Posts: 82 Forumite
    Options
    Can finally say after the longest 6 week wait of our lives we got our mortgage offer today 😀
  • middy991
    middy991 Posts: 58 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    so after first house buy fell through due to upto 25k in repairs needed, so we found another place nothing spectacular but hopefully have it paid off pretty quick nd be ours,offer accepted on 28/9 had to reapply kind of with lender (which are not the fastest) heard from broker today 12/10 valuation booked for tuesday 17/10, solicitors sorted and set on 5/10 get a free 2nd set of searches as first sale fell through saving us a bit of money there just hope this ones ok and we can be in for xmas be good for the lad to start new school after xmas too
  • yloops
    Options
    I feel comfortable enough to join the fold. Wish me luck.

Santander Mortgage, through a broker who has been an absolute legend.

Background:
    Joint Application - Me bad credit due to a default 2 years ago, however have had clean history since (all green ticks), 3 credit cards with 0 balance and all cleaned up. Girlfriend, spotless credit rating 1 credit 0 balance card all green ticks 999 credit score.

My credit made things very tough, but our mortgage broker did magic and found a deal at Santander that he thought we could get:

10/08/2017 - Decision In Principle
    29/09/2017 - Full Mortgage Application put through
    29/09/2017 - Valuation Instructed
    04/10/2017 - Passed to Underwriting
    06/10/2017 - Application Agreed subject to valuation :beer:
    13/10/2017 - Valuation Occures

Santander and our mortgage brokers have been brilliant, very fast with everything.

So now we are waiting for the valuation on the property to come through. Hopefully it will be okay and we'll be home and dry. Been nervous since the beginning, and this last stretch is killing me!
  • yloops
    yloops Posts: 2 Newbie
    First Anniversary
    edited 13 October 2017 at 5:41PM
    Options
    yloops wrote: »
    I feel comfortable enough to join the fold. Wish me luck.

Santander Mortgage, through a broker who has been an absolute legend.

Background:
    Joint Application - Me bad credit due to a default 2 years ago, however have had clean history since (all green ticks), 3 credit cards with 0 balance and all cleaned up. Girlfriend, spotless credit rating 1 credit 0 balance card all green ticks 999 credit score.

My credit made things very tough, but our mortgage broker did magic and found a deal at Santander that he thought we could get:

10/08/2017 - Decision In Principle
    29/09/2017 - Full Mortgage Application put through
    29/09/2017 - Valuation Instructed
    04/10/2017 - Passed to Underwriting
    06/10/2017 - Application Agreed subject to valuation :beer:
    13/10/2017 - Valuation Occures

Santander and our mortgage brokers have been brilliant, very fast with everything.

So now we are waiting for the valuation on the property to come through. Hopefully it will be okay and we'll be home and dry. Been nervous since the beginning, and this last stretch is killing me!

Ummmm so Santander have been ridiculously fast.

13/10/2017 - Valuation at 11am
    13/10/2017 - Mortgage Offer accepted and sent out text recieved - 3.58pm

They have been super fast offer on the same day as valuation seems crazy! Anyways over the moon!! :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
  • Cheery_Daff
    Cheery_Daff Posts: 15,721 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Crikey that IS fast, well done!!
  • Celepie
    Celepie Posts: 134 Forumite
    Options
    Reading this thread has kept me sane for the last week!

We put our application in on Monday morning with Halifax. Wednesday lunchtime, our broker called to say there was a small issue with my SA302s. Thankfully it was easy to sort and our offer was approved on Thursday morning. I'm in Scotland so thankfully didn't have to wait for the valuation as that was already in the Home Report. Entry date confirmed today as end of November.

Waiting for the decision is one of the most stressful things ever. I don't remember being so stressed about it when I bought my first house six years ago!

Good luck to everyone!
  • CommitedToChange
    Options
    Nice update :D

06/9/17 - Met broker, handed over all docs and did factfind
    09/9/17 - view 4 house, really love number 3, sleep on decision
    10/9/17 - put in offer - accepted an hour later!
    11/9/17 - API sorted with Pepper
    11/9/17 - solicitor instructed -
    12/9/17 - full application put in
    30/9/17 - valuation done
    6/10/17 - Mortgage offer received for full amount :j:j:j:j:j
    10/10/17 - money on account given to sols to start searches etc

I can't believe its happening - still not there yet - but much more hopeful now :beer:

Hoping to be in before Christmas :j
  • Regina.filangie
    Options
    Congratulations CommittedtoChange!

Really hoping for good news myself this week.

Met with broker on 30/09, they put application in on 03/10, survey carried out on 06/10 which came back fine for the amount I've offered. No news since then so I asked for an update on 13/10 and was asked to provide a further 3 months bank statements to show child maintenance going in so I've e-mailed these to the broker. Another query was raised about the source of my deposit which the broker addressed, they said it should be ok and I should get a decision on Tuesday.

This has been the longest weekend of my life! It's so awful waiting. I don't want to be dramatic but there's so much resting in this decision and I am desperate for this mortgage offer.

Congratulations to all those who have received their offers and good luck to all those still waiting.
  • CommitedToChange
    Options
    The waiting is awful - much harder than I thought it would be. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you and everyone else waiting on a decision.
  • abby28
    abby28 Posts: 26 Forumite
    Options
    Hello everyone

I had my valuation done 14/09. Then a week later told by the broker that natwest had put a retention on it because of a couple of things that the survey came back with.

1. Broken tiles on roof
    2. No firewall in place in the loft

Spoke to the estate agent who let the vendor know of the issues and she got the tiles repaired and the firewall installed last week

Proof of the firewall invoice and pictures sent to NatWest via my broker and he says I should expect an offer within the next 48 hours!

It's been a rather Long process for me (FTB). We were all hoping to exchange next week so fingers crossed natwest come back with an offer by Tuesday and then the monies can get sorted.

Anyone else had problems come back from valuation and had to get repairs? Did you have to provide proof and if so how long did it take to get the offer afterwards?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback