Anyone want to join me? Awaiting Mortgage decision...

Options

Comments

• Lozzyjohn13
    Options
    Has anyone been in the situation where a mortgage in principle was offered and then the computer refreshed and it was declined?? 😔
  • Cheery_Daff
    Cheery_Daff Posts: 15,722 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Ours hasn't been declined (yet) but the amount was reduced quite substantially for various reasons, and now the house has been valued at £0 so I'm not holding my breath... seems to go to a different underwriter every time it goes back and they all seem to start from scratch and find sonething wrong with it, rather than going with the decision of the last person and just accepting the extra evidence we've provided.

A most tiresome process... Part of me is wishing we hadn't bothered trying to move :o
  • middy991
    Options
    So just heard from broker application gone to final underwriter for final checks so should know in 48 hours,Kacking it even more now could be a long weekend
  • Lozzyjohn13
    Options
    Fingers crossed for you
  • hurtloam
    hurtloam Posts: 7 Forumite
    edited 15 September 2017 at 9:23AM
    Options
    I'm having a terrible time with my mortgage advisor not answering emails or letting me know what's happening. I managed to get the receptionist to find some info out for me and I have been approved for a mortgage that is £4500 less than I need. My mortgage advisor is out of the office again and won't be back till early next week, so I have no idea what my next step is.

Apparently it's due to debt I have. Could that be my student loan as I only have a car repayment of £100 odd a month and £1000 on my credit card?

I don't know how one goes ahead and accepts a mortgage. What say I got the price knocked down by £4500, then how do I go ahead with the mortgage?

On the other hand how do you back out of a purchase. I'm really regretting going down this road. I haven't progressed the contract to a legally binding conclusion.
  • FTB1991
    Options
    FTB1991 wrote: »
    Evening all,

As FTB's we thought we will add our process of applying for a mortgage.

17/08 - AIP approved with Halifax for a max £245k with 5% deposit which I thought was ridiculously high. But nice to see anyway.

21/08 - Viewed house (loved it!)
    22/08 - Viewed house for 2nd time with fianc!e parents and made offer at asking price (£160k) and was accepted 2 hours later.

24/08 - The nerve racking mortgage application with advisor. Which actually turned out to be very easy. Mortgage application submitted and given an A2 credit score so only 1 payslip needed from both us. And told it was approved subjected to valuation. Finally, later on we instructed our solicitors.

02/08 - Was told by our mortgage advisor that the valuation was delayed without a date given due to an backlog with the surveyors.

05/08 - Told the valuation is now booked for the 14/08. Just annoying waiting this length of time for a valuation survey.

Will keep you updated of our process

Had the valuation yesterday, mortgage advisor is currently waiting for the electronic copy.

Anyone have any idea how long does it usually take the report to be sent to the MA?
  • TGG11
    Options
    Long time lurker, first time poster

We have had our AIP approved from both a broker and Halifax directly for several months. Previously got gazumped on a property where Halifax had already booked a valuer within 24 hours.

We viewed property on 8 Sep - made an offer on 11 Sep and offer accepted 12Sept.
    Mortgage application made via broker on 13 September
    Instructed solicitors on 14 September
    Today have been told that the valuation has been booked for 25 September.

Do we need to worry about the 10 day delay given that it happened so quickly last time? We are on a bit of a strict timeline as our landlord is selling our property so we need to be out by 30 Oct but I was hoping given that the property we are buying is vacant and we have nothing to sell that everything world happen quickly.
  • Jader123
    Options
    So after being messed around by santander asking to provide this and that, we provided evidence they asked and still got declined...We've finally been approved for mortgage with RBS pending valuation!

6000 less than asked for...can only scrape together another 3000, explained to seller and she's kindly accepted 3000 lower offer from us. Yay! Valuation in process of being booked in :) finally feel like moving in right direction
  • middy991
    Options
    Gonna be a long weekend waiting to here on Monday as not heard today
  • Ali03
    Ali03 Posts: 14 Forumite
    Options
    We had our valuation on Thursday and Thursday evening, NatWest had emailed the offer letter to us. After 2 mortgage advisors messed up applications loosing us 2 houses, we went it alone and we got there. In less than 2 weeks we found a house and had our mortgage offer. So happy to have what seemed like a nightmare 6 weeks, end in happy tears. We too are being kicked out by landlords after they are selling, so massive relief. Now it's a waiting game. Solicitor seems very slow though. Contacted them 2 weeks ago and haven't received our pack yet. Emailed yesterday to say they have received the draft contracts so that sounds good?

Good luck everyone
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure