Anyone want to join me? Awaiting Mortgage decision...

Options

Comments

• AnnaBanana1
    Options
    Hi all. Thought I'd join in with this thread.
    After house hunting for 6 months we finally found the perfect house in our preferred area. Our offer was accepted last week.
    We are first time buyers. Got an AIP (50% LTV) with Nationwide last Friday but couldn't submit our full application as had to wait on our bank sending us some documents.
    Full application went in today.
    I have already had two texts from Nationwide, one saying that a valuation has been instructed and the second that they had received valuation report (we are in Scotland so I assume this is the home report?).
    I am so nervous that we will be declined - I have no idea how strict they are but they haven't asked for our bank statements, only payslips and proof of deposit monies. I hope they progress the application quickly. I've found the whole process so stressful so far!
    Good luck to everyone.
  • inspireme247
    Options
    Hi guys

Thought I should join the club!

I was planning to look for a house next year but the house I found was BARGAIN, through my family's friends they wanted a quick sale.

I'm a first time buyer asking for 95% and with L&C's help (Martin’s recommendation) we found a deal with Halifax product. What’s a great thing about them is I’ll get a £1000 cashback at end of my application…that’ll cover all my fees!

AIP accepted yesterday after my offer got accepted last Monday.

Surveyor appointed next Thursday. I suspect it will be the same person who valued the house, the vendor told me that he is RCIS registered so he is a registered Surveyor (he probably will do this on behalf of mortgage companies too).

Hopefully everything will be done under a month. Exciting times ahead!

Good luck to everyone! :beer:
    You will only fail to learn if you do not learn from failing.

Save 2015 - #097 £600/£7000
    CC Outstanding #1: £2544 02/2017 #2: £398 09/2015 #3: £363 08/2015
  • ap1985
    ap1985 Posts: 325 Forumite
    Options
    Hi guys

Thought I should join the club!

I was planning to look for a house next year but the house I found was BARGAIN, through my family's friends they wanted a quick sale.

I'm a first time buyer asking for 95% and with L&C's help (Martin’s recommendation) we found a deal with Halifax product. What’s a great thing about them is I’ll get a £1000 cashback at end of my application…that’ll cover all my fees!

AIP accepted yesterday after my offer got accepted last Monday.

Surveyor appointed next Thursday. I suspect it will be the same person who valued the house, the vendor told me that he is RCIS registered so he is a registered Surveyor (he probably will do this on behalf of mortgage companies too).

Hopefully everything will be done under a month. Exciting times ahead!

Good luck to everyone! :beer:

All very exciting. Good luck :)
    :jFinally going to be a homeowner:T
  • matt_66
    Options
    Thought I would join in.

Application in principle given early Sept and full application submitted on 5th September.

All quiet on the western front until today when the lender asked for a couple of utility bills from the property my partner lived in up to 2 years 9 months ago as she was not on the Electoral roll there (she was not so financially minded then).

Unfortunately, utility bills, she has none, as they were all in her ex bf's name. We're waiting to see if a bank statement and Car insurance renewal from back then will suffice :undecided
    2016 saver #80 - £8,379 / £11,000
  • obay
    obay Posts: 570 Forumite
    Options
    I got my mortgage!!!! :)

FINALLY! :)
    [STRIKE]1/12/16 - £152,599.00 [/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]11/11/17 - £145,990.00 [/STRIKE] <> Overpaid £3916.
    11/11/18 - £142,074.00
    Barclays Car (5.99%)£0/£8,832.37
  • AnnaBanana1
    Options
    Hi all. Thought I'd join in with this thread.
    After house hunting for 6 months we finally found the perfect house in our preferred area. Our offer was accepted last week.
    We are first time buyers. Got an AIP (50% LTV) with Nationwide last Friday but couldn't submit our full application as had to wait on our bank sending us some documents.
    Full application went in today.
    I have already had two texts from Nationwide, one saying that a valuation has been instructed and the second that they had received valuation report (we are in Scotland so I assume this is the home report?).
    I am so nervous that we will be declined - I have no idea how strict they are but they haven't asked for our bank statements, only payslips and proof of deposit monies. I hope they progress the application quickly. I've found the whole process so stressful so far!
    Good luck to everyone.

So this afternoon I got another text from Nationwide saying they are pleased to issue a mortgage offer.
    I'm not allowing myself to get too excited as I keep thinking something is going to go wrong!
  • obay
    obay Posts: 570 Forumite
    Options
    obay wrote: »
    I got my mortgage!!!! :)

FINALLY! :)

Just had my offer come through on email!! :)
    [STRIKE]1/12/16 - £152,599.00 [/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]11/11/17 - £145,990.00 [/STRIKE] <> Overpaid £3916.
    11/11/18 - £142,074.00
    Barclays Car (5.99%)£0/£8,832.37
  • Levs01
    Levs01 Posts: 224 Forumite
    Options

Congratulations :beer:
  • Levs01
    Levs01 Posts: 224 Forumite
    Options
    So this afternoon I got another text from Nationwide saying they are pleased to issue a mortgage offer.
    I'm not allowing myself to get too excited as I keep thinking something is going to go wrong!

I'm the same. Didn't believe it until I saw it in Writing. But I would say a text direct from lender was a pretty safe bet.

Congrats
  • Bonfire_Bride
    Options

Woop Woop!! Congratulations!! :T:T

I hope I can post the same next week at some point. ;)
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback