🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Anyone want to join me? Awaiting Mortgage decision...

Options

Comments

• chrislee2810
    Options
    Levs01 wrote: »
    We've just got back from a weekend away. It was a nice break from everything. Back now to reality and being ignored by solicitor and into week 16 of the re mortgage fiasco. On the positive side its valuation day tomorrow so hopefully that at least will go to plan.

I am really fighting not just phoning some of these people directly and screaming at them but I know this wont do any good, but 16 weeks, seriously!!. I am now also a week into waiting for a simple letter from my sols too. what the flip and I paying these people for??

OMG it sounds like you are having a awful time. Why on earth is it that difficult for people to do the jobs they are paid to do? It's common curtesy to return a call, especially when you are paying for a service.
  • chrislee2810
    Options
    obay wrote: »
    Had my valuation done today! Will need a few more days until I get 100%! :)

Good luck, I hope it all comes back ok
  • chrislee2810
    Options
    Kjd123 wrote: »
    The whole conveyancing system needs sorting out. It is really hard to find an efficient solicitor.

I think it's because all the local ones are starting to disappear because of the online solicitors, plus they tend to charge a fair amount.
  • chrislee2810
    Options
    I never thought this would happen, but I can finally join you guys. After having credit problems in the past due to a messy split with my ex, I never thought this would happen. I have worked my socks off to clear my debts and have had some huge hiccups along the way. We had saved up a 25k deposit but 15k was used to pay off my wife's student loan. So I recently spoke to a mortgage broker and he has managed to get a AIP with Aldermore with a 5% deposit. My timeline is as follows:

12/09/16 AIP with Aldermore
    13/09/16 offered 150k on 180k house (big fat no), raised offer to 165k (another no)
    16/09/16 offer of 170K accepted.

Now I am waiting to hear from my broker. We are due some good luck, fingers crossed.

Slight update

19/09/16 sent P60, 3 wage slips, 3 months of statements, proof of funds, 2 years SA302, mortgage form and solicitors form.

I just need to wait for my payslip on Friday and my wife's most recent SA302.
  • Levs01
    Levs01 Posts: 224 Forumite
    Options
    I think it's because all the local ones are starting to disappear because of the online solicitors, plus they tend to charge a fair amount.

Ours is a local firm!! I'm sure it will all be sorted by the end of this week. I'm going to see the house again tomorrow so that will cheer me up
    And I may even get to be there when they do the survey (bet the chap will love that :D)
  • moo313
    Options
    I just accepted my mortgage off from Leeds Building Society over the weekend!. Also sent the mortgage deed form back my solicitor today. I am just waiting for the rest of the legal proccesses to be completed.

This is timeline for my mortgage application via my mortgage broker

16/08 DIP issued (on a £6k deposit)
    25/08 Full Application Submitted
    25/08 Full Credit Search Performed
    26/08 Landlord Tennacy Reference form submitted
    01/09 Letter from HR confirming my lease cars have been returned to my employer (I work for Hyundai)
    05/09 Returned leased cars back to employer and submitted a letter from them confirming cars have been returned. (Started driving around in a 2006 Ford Fiesta free of any finance)
    08/09 Submitted 2015 bank statements proving I am resident in High Wycombe (currently on the electrol roll at my parents address in Sheffield)
    09/09 - Mortgage valuation report receieved.
    15/09 - MB emailed me mortgage offer has been issued (Forwared me a electronic offer letter to me) . Application accepted on the basis £6 deposit
    16/09 - Paper offer letter from LBS arrives in the post and sent back to LBS same day. In time last post for Saturday
    19/09 - Mortgage deed signed and witnessed. Sent back to solicitors.

I'm excited I am actually getting my own place :)
  • Levs01
    Levs01 Posts: 224 Forumite
    Options
    Progress with the house mortgage - Valuation and HB done today. I was there so was able to speak with the guy and found out everything and all happy with it and valuation is spot on so that should be an offer by the end of the week for that.

The remortgage fiasco, after 15 weeks the mortgage company have decided they need a physical signature from the accountant to sign off the books as opposed to the widely accepted usual way of electronically signing and sending them directly. I'm not even joking. Dear mortgage company, the dark ages called, they want their processes back :rotfl:
  • chrislee2810
    Options
    Levs01 wrote: »
    Ours is a local firm!! I'm sure it will all be sorted by the end of this week. I'm going to see the house again tomorrow so that will cheer me up
    And I may even get to be there when they do the survey (bet the chap will love that :D)

Haha, ask for his driving licence, at least you would know where he lives lol
  • charlotte891
    Options
    Word of advice to anyone staircasing... Make sure the surveyors note your current percentage on the valuation report, been waiting well over a week for our otherwise fine report to be amended. Only thing holding up our offer and enabling us to complete the purchase which is beyond frustrating!
  • sash_berry
    Options
    Guys,

Sorry but is valuation taking place before the offer?
    We are inside 2 weeks wait already but nobody asked about valuation. Do they need to check the house from inside too or only outside?
    Sorry its my first house :(
    Loan £6700.00
    ISA £3000
    SAVINGS £2100
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 10 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business