Anyone want to join me? Awaiting Mortgage decision...

Options

Comments

• MissFTB
    Options
    Hi all! So after a few weeks of barely any sleep and constant googling... We got our mortgage offer today!!
    Over the moon :D

To anyone out there who doesn't have a crystal clear credit history there is definitely hope out there! I've been terrified of being rejected due to several defaults going back 4-5 years... However it looks like all has gone through okay!

Can't thank my broker enough for putting up with me these past few weeks... Now on to the waiting to exchange board! 😁😁😁

Good luck to everyone xx
  • kirtsypoos
    kirtsypoos Posts: 3,824 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Cashback Cashier
    edited 11 September 2015 at 9:39AM
    Options
    Hi everyone, I hope you don't mind if I join you?

After a few false starts we had an offer accepted on a house on Wednesday evening and met with our broker last night to complete the full application. Valuation fees have been taken this morning so hopefully it will be smooth from here!

It's nervewracking as although my credit score is good I have a lot of debt (working my way down thanks to DFW forum!)

Quick question though - we agreed with our broker to go with Halifax, however a mortgage credit check has shown up from RBS on my experian....anyone know why this might be?

Fingers crossed for us, and for everyone else waiting!

K x
    :j PAID VERY, Barclaycard x3, Vanquis, Natwest, O/D, Tesco & MBNA x2 PAID :j LBM 24/07/15 - Original Debt: £0/31010.23 (100% paid) :eek:
    Mortgage - £151.316.54 :eek:
  • summer_james
    Options
    kirtsypoos wrote: »

Quick question though - we agreed with our broker to go with Halifax, however a mortgage credit check has shown up from RBS on my experian....anyone know why this might be?

Same here, they are part of the same banking group. They were all over my credit report too.
  • lizziesmum
    Options
    At last, after a month of to-ing and fro-ing, santander have finally accepted proof of my deposit and my application has been progressed past underwriting. Way hey!

They wanted a letter from my solicitor - not conveyancer - that I'm entitled to my inheritance. They rejected the actual deed giving the legal proof and insisted that my solicitor answered their questions because they - at their own admission - didn't understand the wording of the deed. It cost me 2 x £240 ph + VAT to get my solicitor to deal with it.

I'm very unimpressed but at least it's done!

Good luck to all awaiting decision.
  • kirtsypoos
    Options
    Thank you Summer_james, it's been worrying me all day! Especially as the initial DIP search said Halifax, I was panicking our broker had filled out the wrong one!
    :j PAID VERY, Barclaycard x3, Vanquis, Natwest, O/D, Tesco & MBNA x2 PAID :j LBM 24/07/15 - Original Debt: £0/31010.23 (100% paid) :eek:
  • TravelBugHappy
    Options
    halifax isn't the same as RBS. its the same as the bank of Scotland, which is completely different to the royal bank of Scotland (RBS)
  • Rizla300
    Options
    Sorry a bit late to the party. We've been waiting for our mortgage approval for last two weeks but I was too chicken to join. Anyway our mortgage got approved yesterday and offer is in the post! Hope to join you in the exchange forum!
  • kirtsypoos
    Options
    I think I was a little confused, the mortgage credit check is from bank of Scotland rather than RBS.

I blame mortgage brain which I'm sure is almost as bad as baby brain!
  • Lungboy
    Lungboy Posts: 1,953 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Argh, my father in law is sticking his oar in, he's decided the house is a damp mess and he's leaning on my wife to get all sorts of other surveys done.
  • azza2007
    azza2007 Posts: 24 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 15 September 2015 at 9:01AM
    Options
    Good evening everyone.

Here's how my application with Leeds Building Society has gone so far :

(I am a home owner moving house )

03/08/15 - Offer accepted on my property

06/08/15 - Decision In Principle with Halifax

08/08/15 - View Property I like

18/08/15 - After clarifying buyers position, make offer on property I like (offer rejected)

18/08/15 - 2nd offer made - (Offer accepted £5k under asking) :T

22/08/15 - Gave ID, Solicitor details for the sale of my property and agreement in principle to estate agents.

24/08/15 - Estate agents advise offer has now been officially accepted after clarifying details with my solicitor for the sale of my property and the house is sold subject to contract.

27/08/15 - After speaking to a broker and doing various research decide to apply direct with Leeds Building society online as opposed to Halifax due to offering a better rate for my circumstances.

(Agreement in Principle and full application submitted online)

28/08/15 - Post off full application with all documents requested

02/09/15 - Leeds Building Society ask for an additional 2 months bank statements which were not clearly asked for at time of application.

03/09/15 - Sent off additional 2 months bank statements as requested

08/09/5 - Call for update and advised all documents have now been submitted to underwriter for review.

10/09/15 - Receive valuation report in post for property valued on 08/09/15 which was news to me as I was expecting valuation to be done once underwriter was ok with all documents submitted.

11/09/15/ - Receive letter requesting clarification of employer name, as I get paid through the parent company which is a different name to my employer.

Also get asked to send in latest payslip and bank statement (even though I don't get this till 25th September) to clarify my recent pay increase, which is a little annoying as I provided a letter from my HR department on company headed paper confirming my new pay amount, from what day, signed and dated by my company.

(LBS already have my June, July and August Payslips and Bank Statements)

I Have called LBS and advised of these two points and have to wait now possibly until Friday 18th September to see what they say.

I am just happy that the buyer is in no real rush to move in to my property and as yet the seller of the property I am buying from is still searching for somewhere to buy/ rent.

I would hate to be in this situation if either one of them was trying to move fast as all these little set backs take a full week to be answered and progressed to the next hurdle.

Good luck with everyone awaiting mortgage offers.
    :j MFW 2018#150 £0/£3000 :j
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure