Anyone want to join me? Awaiting Mortgage decision...

Options

Comments

• mrslambert
    Options
    So the wait continues...after asking for husbands 3 years full signed accounts including latest (which we hadn't had done and had to get accountant to do), my SA302 forms Natwest have now come back asking for my August payslip! I work on both a employed and self employed basis and my husband has a limited co. Fingers crossed we will hear by Wednesday. Our broker seems to think all looks positive - I really hope so and keeping everything crossed.....!

Good luck everyone and I hope you all get some positive responses this week !!
  • Lungboy
    Lungboy Posts: 1,953 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 14 September 2015 at 12:39PM
    Options
    Blimey, mortgage valuation survey done friday, this morning we had a letter from the bank confirming the mortgage! Some slight issues with damp and insects, so we'll get a damp and timber survey done, but otherwise we're all good to go! Can't quite believe it, we only offered on the house on the 27th :)

e: damp and timber survey booked in for a week tomorrow. Longer than i'd hoped but not too bad.
  • MissLC
    Options
    Hi, thought I would join in hope you don't mind!

Got our mortgage application done last week and paid for surveys, just waiting for them now. Fingers crossed!

Does anyone know how long it takes? We have opted for the homebuyers survey which I believe doesn't go to the mortgage lenders. If anything comes out with that it we can deal with it as I have a lot of handy people in the family who can help me sort it out fairly cheap but it's the main survey I'm worried about!
  • mrslambert
    Options
    Well our wait wasn't as long as expected...mortgage offered this morning subject to valuation!

Hoping it will be ok as it is a new build!!! Good luck everyone!!!
  • crippss
    Options
    Our timeline so far.......

20th July: AIP Received from Halifax
    20th Aug: Offer received on our house and accepted.
    21st Aug: Offer made on our dream home accepted.
    11th Sept: MB makes full application to Halifax and valuation fee taken (£565).
    14th Sept: Receive email from broker saying valuation has been instructed for 23rd Sept...

Don't think I've ever been this nervous before in my life.... Like most people flipping between thinking "everything will be ok" and "there's no way on earth they are going to give us a mortgage".
  • dandan6666
    Options
    mrslambert wrote: »
    Well our wait wasn't as long as expected...mortgage offered this morning subject to valuation!

Hoping it will be ok as it is a new build!!! Good luck everyone!!!

That's the stage I am at too with a new build. Was agreed subject to valuation last Tuesday. They then took out the valuation fees that day and according to the developers the valuation took place last Thursday. Thought I'd message my broker today, to see if he has heard anything but he hasn't got back to me yet.
  • summer_james
    Options
    halifax isn't the same as RBS. its the same as the bank of Scotland, which is completely different to the royal bank of Scotland (RBS)

I meant HBOS = Halifax and Bank of Scotland, which is what was on our credit file.
  • summer_james
    Options
    kirtsypoos wrote: »
    I think I was a little confused, the mortgage credit check is from bank of Scotland rather than RBS.

I blame mortgage brain which I'm sure is almost as bad as baby brain!

It is HBOS which is Halifax and Bank of Scotland, don't worry, mine was the same and as you say we have mortgage brains at the moment :eek:;)
  • summer_james
    Options
    MissLC wrote: »
    Hi, thought I would join in hope you don't mind!

Got our mortgage application done last week and paid for surveys, just waiting for them now. Fingers crossed!

Does anyone know how long it takes? We have opted for the homebuyers survey which I believe doesn't go to the mortgage lenders. If anything comes out with that it we can deal with it as I have a lot of handy people in the family who can help me sort it out fairly cheap but it's the main survey I'm worried about!

Our application went in on 14 August and our Homebuyers Report is being done tomorrow, we waited a month! Halifax said Colley's were super busy so they/Colleys have passed it on to another panel and I received a letter from them last week advising that they were doing the survey tomorrow. I cannot believe we have had to wait over a month for it but hey ho, tomorrow is the day and I am hoping our mortgage offer comes later this week/early next, fingers crossed! :)
  • Lungboy
    Lungboy Posts: 1,953 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    It was Colleys that did mine in ~2 weeks from requesting it.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback