Anyone want to join me? Awaiting Mortgage decision...

Options

Comments

• Nicolahomer
    Options
    Congrats oli_ro! I was wondering how you'd got on. I too applied at the end of October, I got my mortgage offer today!
    I haven't spoken to my broker yet. Does anyone know if this is defo the mortgage amount we applied for, or could it be an offer for less than was asked? I've just had the text confirmation and panicking something could still be wrong! Xxx
  • oli_ro
    oli_ro Posts: 142 Forumite
    Options
    Yes, got there in the end.

Re your concern, you would think that if they would have offered you less, it would have been communicated to the broker by now. Good luck !
  • Nicolahomer
    Options
    Got my mortgage offer in the post today woop! X
  • Pirategirl0293
    Options
    I'm in the middle of applying to port my current mortgage with Nationwide onto a new build property using the help to buy scheme. I've provided nationwide with all payslips, bank statements etc but they sent it to an underwriter and asked for maintenance agreement letter which they have accepted, they then queried an old address I lived at as a child and asked for a copy of my tax credit award letter. The valuation has been done and all ok. On completion of the sale of my current property my credit card and 2 x loans will be paid off leaving only mortgage and house bills to pay. I am panicking that my mortgage application to port will be declined. It's too late to pull out of selling my current house as I've incurred estate agent fees/ solicitor fees etc. My solicitor is ready to exchange contracts. Anyone else been in the same boat. I'm worried.com
  • jstiff
    jstiff Posts: 57 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thought I'd join this thread as I nervously wait for the outcome. Mortgage with Post Office through London & Country brokers.

10/11/14 house goes on market
    14/11/14 offer accepted on ours
    20/11/14 put offer in on new house-rejected
    21/11/14 new offer submitted - accepted
    24/11/14 first contact with L&C
    27/11/14 mortgage decide (post office)
    01/12/14 application submitted AIP given (I think) valuation fee taken
    02/12/14 surveyor coming to view ours for new owner

And that's where we are up to at the moment. I'm nervous about the valuations for some reason. Got it Ito my head they're gonna come back less!!! Another few months of worry and stress I'm sure. IF this goes through, I don't think I want to ever move again.
  • Moseydo82
    Options
    We had our valuation (home buyers) on the 27th.

It's being typed up now. They have all the documents they have asked for.

Now we just keep waiting with our fingers crossed.

Hopefully the searches won't take too long.
  • whoschuffed
    Options
    Got our full application into Nationwide this afternoon after having DIP accepted on Friday.

Not really under any pressure time wise so will just let nature take its course with this.
  • Jason_Bourne_2
    Options
    29/11/14 - Spoke to broker, emailed credit files and given exact income expenditure
    1/12/14 - Broker says I have a DIP with Halifax (my bank and mortgage provider for 6 years)

Wasn't expecting a high street lender as I have various defaults, all are over 3 years though and satisfied.
    Also have 2 with Bank of Scotland which concerns me and have expressed this concern with Broker.

Going to push on though, if it doesn't go through I'll be looking for another broker.
    Save 12k in 2014 member 056
    £0.00/£7000
  • whoschuffed
    Options
    Just had an automatic email off Nationwide asking for myself and my partners wage slips again even though they've just had them and sent them back!

Going to give them a call and find out what the dealio is! Also, I can't log into my Nationwide application through their site anymore as it says there is no application open under my email address.

Is this normal?
  • Moseydo82
    Options
    I've just been told our lender wants more documents.

They've already had 3 wage slips, 3 months bank statements and proof of address.

What else could they want that they've not already asked for?

Hmmmmmm
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure