Anyone want to join me? Awaiting Mortgage decision...

edited 7 February 2014 at 2:40PM in Mortgages & Endowments
11.8K replies 1.6M views

Replies

• Em999Em999 Forumite
    2 Posts
    First Post
    MoneySaving Newbie
    Just a quick one how does everyone know that hard checks and desktop valuations have been done? 

Made application last week through MA and heard nothing other than asking for a further payslip. 
  • TiddleshalifaxTiddleshalifax Forumite
    139 Posts
    Fifth Anniversary 100 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Em999 said:
    Just a quick one how does everyone know that hard checks and desktop valuations have been done? 

Made application last week through MA and heard nothing other than asking for a further payslip. 
    I only know that a hard search was done because I monitor my credit file. In terms of the valuation, ours was done in person as it’s only 7 years old and lots of different style houses in the street so hard to value 
  • Em999Em999 Forumite
    2 Posts
    First Post
    MoneySaving Newbie
    I only know that a hard search was done because I monitor my credit file. In terms of the valuation, ours was done in person as it’s only 7 years old and lots of different style houses in the street so hard to value 
    And how can I check my credit file? 
  • to_be_FTBto_be_FTB Forumite
    35 Posts
    10 Posts
    Em999 said:
    And how can I check my credit file? 
    You could set up an account on Experian...
  • BonniepurpleBonniepurple Forumite
    328 Posts
    Seventh Anniversary 100 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭
    Joining in here.  Our mortgage application with Skipton has been submitted and it’s just a waiting game now.  We’ve had a broker DIP so hard check done and he seems confident enough.  I’ve been really impressed with my broker.  
  • TiddleshalifaxTiddleshalifax Forumite
    139 Posts
    Fifth Anniversary 100 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Hello!!

sorry to those that are still being messed around!!

after panicking - we’ve had our mortgage approved at 95% LTV! 

So here’s a quick run down:

25/5 - DIP reviewed and approved by underwriters (had to switch lender after offer as they withdrew product)
    27/5 - full application in & survey booked for 11/6
    3/6 & 14/6 - further info provided to bank as requested by broker 
    17/6 - text to say valuation approved
    18/6 - mortgage approved

my financial situation is good but difficult to follow so was expecting more queries! I’m very happy and wishing you all luck!!

we are home movers 
  • clare19811clare19811 Forumite
    49 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    We will be putting in our full mortgage application later today with Clydesdale through our mortgage broker. It's taken 6 long years to get to this point, we've had an offer accepted on pretty much our dream house that I never thought we'd be able to achieve and I'm incredibly nervous about whether we'll be accepted!

Both our credit reports are all completely clean now, we have a good deposit and our income seems to stack up, although 50% of mine is self-employed but I've been assure it's all ok. But I'm a natural worrier!
    House sale/purchase progress (we're selling our rental property and currently living in rented so no pressure to complete both on the same day).

2/6 - Accepted offer on our house.
    8/6 - Survey completed
    14/6 - Advised of various issues from the survey, further investigations taking place!
    9/7 - Agreed £775 reduction - 50/50 split for work that needs doing.

15/6 - AIP in place with Halifax
    18/6 - Offer accepted on our dream home!
    19/6 - Solicitors instructed
    23/6 - Broker applied for AIP with Nationwide to allow us 23 years due to hubby's age - AIP referred!
    24/6 - AIP approved
    5/7 - Full application finally in with Nationwide & valuation booked within 2 hours
    6/7 - Valuation
    12-13/7 - Hard credit searches on both of us with TransUnion (Credit Karma)
    13/7 Hard search Equifax (ClearScore)
    14/7 Proof of deposit requested in a different format
  • metallozmetalloz Forumite
    8 Posts
    First Post
    My mortgage application was submitted yesterday by my broker with Barclays - a little anxious about the valuation coming back. I'm just on the 75% LTV for the lower interest rate.

I've been told it should be up to a maximum of 8 days turn around.
    49 Posts
    We will be putting in our full mortgage application later today with Clydesdale through our mortgage broker. It's taken 6 long years to get to this point, we've had an offer accepted on pretty much our dream house that I never thought we'd be able to achieve and I'm incredibly nervous about whether we'll be accepted!

Both our credit reports are all completely clean now, we have a good deposit and our income seems to stack up, although 50% of mine is self-employed but I've been assure it's all ok. But I'm a natural worrier!
    Our broker ended up recommending Nationwide instead. She ran the DIP yesterday and it was a refer, so I've had a restless night overthinking it all! We've had the DIP accepted this morning so it's time for the full application, got absolutely everything crossed now.
    House sale/purchase progress (we're selling our rental property and currently living in rented so no pressure to complete both on the same day).

8/6 - Survey completed
    14/6 - Advised of various issues from the survey, further investigations taking place!

23/6 - Broker applied for AIP with Nationwide to allow us 23 years due to hubby's age - AIP referred!
    24/6 - AIP approved
    5/7 - Full application finally in with Nationwide & valuation booked within 2 hours
    6/7 - Valuation
    49 Posts
    metalloz said:
    My mortgage application was submitted yesterday by my broker with Barclays - a little anxious about the valuation coming back. I'm just on the 75% LTV for the lower interest rate.

I've been told it should be up to a maximum of 8 days turn around.
    Good luck! It's such an anxious time isn't it, fingers crossed for you.

8/6 - Survey completed

24/6 - AIP approved
    6/7 - Valuation