Anyone used EU Claim/Bott & Co?

Options

Comments

• Vauban
    Vauban Posts: 4,736 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Update - I've had another email tonight to tell me that court papers have been prepared and sent to court for issuing. Same as Gorbar. Let's see what happens next.

Good luck - I think you are in very safe hands!
  • Gorbar
    Gorbar Posts: 111 Forumite
    Options
    Had a e mail from them today informing me that the Court papers have been served on Thomsons. The last NWNF company had all the details for nearly 9 months. Very impressed
  • picardygirl
    picardygirl Posts: 558 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Gorbar wrote: »
    Had a e mail from them today informing me that the Court papers have been served on Thomsons. The last NWNF company had all the details for nearly 9 months. Very impressed

Tried to find other threads regarding your case Gorbar, but struggled (am short on time today too) but am i right in thinking you started a NWNF case with another company and after 9 months moved the claim to Bott & Co?

We started our claim with another company in September 2013 for a July 2013 delayed flight. The company i am dealing with are so slow at doing anything, they said in january they are "considering" court action, no matter how many times in chase them they say a solicitor will review and come back to me ..... starting to get frustrated now. Can i move a claim if they are dragging their heels?

Hindsight, what a wonderful word, instructed a NWNF company about the time this thread started and some were a bit weary, wish i used them now :mad:
  • Vauban
    Vauban Posts: 4,736 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I think it depends on the terms of the contract you've committed to. Some companies seem to have "exit penalties" if you try to leave.

I think you have been more than reasonable in your patience, though it may be that the company are awaiting the results of the Huzar appeal in May before proceeding. Perhaps write them a short letter to say that, if they feel unable to progress your case, you would like the claim returned back to you?
  • picardygirl
    Options
    Thanks, yeah I'll have to have a read up.

Maybe they are waiting till May! They have been considering court action for a couple of months, I know I'm being impatient, just when they say my case is being reviewed and someone will be in touch, then I dont hear from them again til I chase them its frustrating.

thanks for your advice
  • legal_magpie
    legal_magpie Posts: 1,194 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    You shouldn't have to put up with this. You are entitled to know what is happening and if you aren't getting anywhere you should complain. You should have received a client care letter when you engaged the solicitors and this should tell you the name of partner in charge of your case (even if that person isn't the actual fee-earner). Write to him or her.
  • Gorbar
    Options
    Tried to find other threads regarding your case Gorbar, but struggled (am short on time today too) but am i right in thinking you started a NWNF case with another company and after 9 months moved the claim to Bott & Co?

We started our claim with another company in September 2013 for a July 2013 delayed flight. The company i am dealing with are so slow at doing anything, they said in january they are "considering" court action, no matter how many times in chase them they say a solicitor will review and come back to me ..... starting to get frustrated now. Can i move a claim if they are dragging their heels?

Hindsight, what a wonderful word, instructed a NWNF company about the time this thread started and some were a bit weary, wish i used them now :mad:

Our delayed flight was December 2011. Approx last April/May I gave it to a NWNF, never heard very much from them. In August I contacted Bott & Co, who immediately started the ball rolling, so I decided to inform the other NWNF company, who were very unhappy, because they had done so much work on the case, so I cancelled Bott. A few weeks ago the other company informed me I had no case, was not very happy. I then went back to Bott & it's been full steam ahead since then. Alright they take a bigger cut, with the other company I would have had to pay the Court fees.
  • Mark2spark
    Mark2spark Posts: 2,306 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Name & shame the first company Gorbar?
  • Gorbar
    Options
    Mark2spark wrote: »
    Name & shame the first company Gorbar?

EU Delay. They won our case against Thomas Crook for us, to be honest I think I had done most of the work, including getting a reply from Greek CAA. This time they had not even had a reply from the Cypriot CAA, so not sure where all the hard work was done. Their excuse, the circumstances for the delay not good enough to win & the did not want me to waste money on Court Costs
  • Mark2spark
    Mark2spark Posts: 2,306 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    With hindsight, do you think you could have done it DIY?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure