Comments

• Toon
    Toon Posts: 246 Forumite
    Options
  • JPR
    JPR Posts: 405 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I have a good deal of work needed to be done on my car and would like to use my Amex for the inevitable large bill...... my regular places do not accept them so is there a way of finding a garage which does accept Amex (i.e. a dealer or service station rather than just a petrol forecourt).

Otherwisae, anyone got any ideas for the East Sussex/West Kent areas??
  • jimmyjim_uk
    Options
    I do a lot of travelling via the trains for work. The ones I have successfully used so far:

Central Trains
    Virgin
    c2c
    London Underground
    Silverlink Trains
    Chiltern Railways
  • JohalaReewi
    JohalaReewi Posts: 2,614 Forumite
    Options
    JPR wrote:
    I have a good deal of work needed to be done on my car and would like to use my Amex for the inevitable large bill...... my regular places do not accept them so is there a way of finding a garage which does accept Amex (i.e. a dealer or service station rather than just a petrol forecourt).

Otherwisae, anyone got any ideas for the East Sussex/West Kent areas??

If you can find a dealer/service station which also has a petrol forecourt, they should take Amex for servicing as well as fuel. Our local Vauxhall one does.
  • MrDavid_3
    Options
    I notice that dabs.com was mentioned as accepting it, and I'm sure they used to show the Amex logo on their website, but upon trying to add my card to my account, I get a "Suspended" status next to the card details.

Anyone had a similar experience?
  • jimmyjim_uk
    Options
    add cd wow to the yes list
  • JohalaReewi
    Options
    I do a lot of travelling via the trains for work. The ones I have successfully used so far:

Central Trains
    Virgin
    c2c
    London Underground
    Silverlink Trains
    Chiltern Railways

And, the automatic ticket machine on Hampden Park station let me use Amex for a £1.40 return ticket to Eastbourne :):)
  • JohalaReewi
    Options
    MrDavid wrote:
    I notice that dabs.com was mentioned as accepting it, and I'm sure they used to show the Amex logo on their website, but upon trying to add my card to my account, I get a "Suspended" status next to the card details.

Anyone had a similar experience?

Yes. Used to use amex for DABS but have to use Visa now. You might also want to check out Misco. They take Amex and if you go via Greasy Palm, you get additional cashback from them too. Prices are similar to DABS for a lot of items.
  • davidlizard
    davidlizard Posts: 1,582 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    The Oval (test match venue and home of Surrey County Cricket Club) do NOT accept Amex or Diners Club for membership renewals, and therefore almost certainly do not accept the card for ticket sales. Other credit cards fine.

Which is a shame as I buy usually £1000 tickets for 10-15 mates each winter for test matches.
  • Money_Maker_Shaker
    Options
    Currently Tesco.com (groceries at least) aren't accepting Amex. According to the man on the help desk the web site is refusing to accept Amex cards as they have a different number of digits they have as opposed to a 'normal' card.

Not happy and no guarantees on when this will be fixed. :mad:

MMS
    :j Go on, shake your money maker! :j
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills