July 2013 - Take Your Lunch To Work Thread

Options

Comments

• Twiggy_34
    Twiggy_34 Posts: 685 Forumite
    Options
    lilian1977 wrote: »
    I know the very ones you mean - they're tasty aren't they?!

Actually, yes, they really were! I will definitely endeavour to buy them again when I'm feeling the need for a chocolatey indulgence in the future :rotfl:
    £12k in 2019 #084 £3000/£3000
    £2 Savers Club 2019 #18 TOTAL:£394 (2013-2018 = £1542)
  • marmiterulesok
    marmiterulesok Posts: 7,812 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Photogenic
    Options
    I've made a couscous salad for tomorrow.
  • lushlifesaver
    lushlifesaver Posts: 2,375 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Afternoon all, I ended up not eating lunch yesterday having had a bacon sandwich and a small bowl of chopped fruit with natural yogurt and granola at the work event.

Today I was somewhat un prepared so it's the final portion of left over spag bol sauce from the freezer which I will have with toast (brought two slices of bread in from home)! to be followed by a kiwi and a sliced apple with peanut butter - yum!

Off out on my lunch to the supermarket to pick up a couple of bits I need so hopefully won't be tempted by any extra snacks!
    Daughter born 26/03/14
    Son born 13/02/21
  • allie23
    allie23 Posts: 1,858 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi folks, just back from being away for the week. Have done a food shop and got lunches sorted. Today I am having beans on toast with a cup of tea:D.
    Save 12k in 2024 Challenge
    Frugal living Challenge 2024
  • Shortie
    Shortie Posts: 2,224 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Lushlifesaver, that sounds like Mr Shortie, who happily has any kind of dinner between two bits of bread :D

Me? I was more organised last night - woo hoo! I have a small bag of popcorn with me I got 3 small bags out of one micr pack, so I suspect my eldest will have one in his lunch box today. Plus I made some jelly (which I promptly forgot to put into the fridge in work when I got in so it's now slightly mushy runny jelly. Yuuuuummmmm - not)

Breakfast was a banana - I'm officially bored of having these now but I really need to rethink breakfast. Even at home I get stuck with breakfast and often skip it, whoops. I'm not a fan of cereals unless it's bran flakes and toast gets boring (and we have no toaster in work anyway).

Lunch is bread and butter again. I'm almost embarrassed to abmit that today this was a conscious choice rather than being to late to sort anything out. I enjoyed it more than I probably should have yesterday and today it's even tastier as it's the bread ends which I like but are usually too filling when coupled with a 'proper' filling too!

Oh - and I have an apple to munch as well as the popcorn for a snack later
    April 2021 Grocery Challenge 34.29 / 250
  • Shortie
    Shortie Posts: 2,224 Forumite
    Options
    Morning :) Hope everyone had a fab weekend?

I was far more organised yesterday was so today I have a banana for breakfast, beefy cous cous with peas sweetcorn and chopped up left over burger in it, and a small foodbag of sweet popcorn for a snack
    April 2021 Grocery Challenge 34.29 / 250
  • Twiggy_34
    Twiggy_34 Posts: 685 Forumite
    Options
    I certainly have good intentions for this week... I grabbed some nice bread and a couple of banana's from the shop yesterday so I have banana sandwiches for a couple of days, there was a special offer for 15 'happy eggs' for £2.75 so I picked them up, and so I think it's egg mayo sarnies for the rest of the week (and probably for 2 weeks after as well!).

I made a ginger loaf yesterday on a bit of a whim so had a slice of this with today's lunch, not sure it will last the whole week though as I find it very moreish and will probably devour it over the next couple of evenings.
    £12k in 2019 #084 £3000/£3000
    £2 Savers Club 2019 #18 TOTAL:£394 (2013-2018 = £1542)
  • lushlifesaver
    lushlifesaver Posts: 2,375 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Today I brought in salad - sounds rather plain but it contained:
    lettuce,
    a diced up boiled egg
    1tbsp coleslaw
    1tbsp potato salad
    1 beef burger cut up in to small chunks

Really filling and has made me feel like I just had a BBQ at work :P The beef burger was leftover from our little impromptu get together on Saturday - we cooked the lot of as they had defrosted and I kept the ones that weren't eaten in the fridge for just such a time a this...beautiful :)
    Daughter born 26/03/14
    Son born 13/02/21
  • NatNat1977
    NatNat1977 Posts: 42 Forumite
    Options
    I've not been on here for a while but I have returned as need to get my bum & finances in gear as planning to leave my job at the end of the summer to concentrate full time on my business!

This thread shouldn't be too hard for me to follow as I take lunch in most days, however I only work 3 and the 2 days I work for myself its terrible as I am forever popping into Tesco or MacDonalds to get lunch :mad: and the days I am in the office I eat my lunch then pop out for more crisps or popcorn! So now I am only carrying my bus fare to stop me buying extras!

Today I am in the office and I brought in pitta bread with cheese and some cherry toms, a bag of crisps, a yoghurt, a bananna and an orange. Had breakfast at home, ate bananna mid morning and ate everything else but the yoghurt at lunchtime down by the Thames. I will save the yoghurt for when/if the hunger pangs start!
    I will pay off my overdraft in 2013!!!!
  • lilian1977
    lilian1977 Posts: 5,024 Forumite
    Options
    Shortie wrote: »

Breakfast was a banana - I'm officially bored of having these now but I really need to rethink breakfast. Even at home I get stuck with breakfast and often skip it, whoops. I'm not a fan of cereals unless it's bran flakes and toast gets boring (and we have no toaster in work anyway).

My treat breakfast is a croissant with a slice of emmenthal and proscuitto!

First day in work this week, cobbled together a salad this morning of leaves, cherry toms, avocado, cous cous, peas and chick peas :)
    My debt free diary | Post Office loan: £5,000 | Virgin Credit Card: £4079.19
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure