The "no frills, no gremlins (hopefully)" cross-stitch cafe

Comments

• Ailsb
    Ailsb Posts: 967 Forumite
    Chicky - thanks for setting up this new thread. Sorry you are having problems, there's always someone who wants to rock the boat. I'm sure we can all do without them. If the mods do get involved I am more than happy for them to contact me and ask my opinion. I certainly don't want you to go.

WARNING here's the long promised photos:

The picture for my friends wedding:

9126855415_89ed8eec9e_n.jpg
    Wedding by Ailsb1, on Flickr

The picture for my friend that has moved away:

9129072220_6cf46f7f88_n.jpg
    Side by side by Ailsb1, on Flickr

The picture of Mother and Child. This is the one that I started 15 years ago and finished last year. I've finally had it framed, just got to get hubby to hang it now.

9126857757_d28a32c2e9_n.jpg
    Mother and child by Ailsb1, on Flickr

My current project, the Chinese piece that I found out last week. This is what I'd done at the beginning of last week

7499498740_c787fef1f8_n.jpg
    tree by Ailsb1, on Flickr

and this is what it looked like this morning

9129075438_3fa7376cd1_n.jpg
    As at start of Monday 25.6 by Ailsb1, on Flickr
    Cross Stitch Cafe Member #59 :j
    Finished 2013 - Bug, Alessandra Adelaides "eye", Sandy Hook Square, Coffee & Cake, Turtle, Gecko, Cross for pouch, candle, stocking, snowman
    WIP 2014: A-Z Nativity, Rock, Scissor etc Mable Figworthy SAL
    Member of 13 projects in 13 Completed 9/13
    Member of 14 projects in 14 Completed 3/14
  • Ailsb
    Having just seen my last post I thought I should apologise again for the length of it.

Also, thanks for the advice about calling DMC. I will give them a call on Thursday - the next day I'm at home (actually working from home but I'll have the chance to call).
    Finished 2013 - Bug, Alessandra Adelaides "eye", Sandy Hook Square, Coffee & Cake, Turtle, Gecko, Cross for pouch, candle, stocking, snowman
  • JCS1
    JCS1 Posts: 5,286 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 24 June 2013 at 8:59PM
    Ailsb - those pieces are all stunning.

I'm always amazed at the difference a frame makes, it changes something from beautiful to amazing!

Well, I did one cupboard out last night, still can't find the rose design in beadwork, so it's AWOL.

But doing out cupboard and new camera :D meant I took lots of pics.

So for those of you on facebook, I have an album called framed pieces (pm me if you want to add). Still adding some to flickr but link is: http://www.flickr.com/photos/80312868@N03/
  • chickywiggle
    chickywiggle Posts: 5,203 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker Xmas Saver!
    thanks girlies. <<big hugs and lots of chocolate cake all round>>

I'm bored of the 'spat' now so am going to be a grown up and not bother to work out their new username. Hopefully next time they check this thread they will see that actually life is too short when you have some fantastic friends around. :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

(may go and clean up some previous posts so as to make myself look better :p)

now where was I............. oh yes unpicking Underground to re-stitch it in 1 strand.
    it's horrible here - too cold to sit on top of covers and too hot underneath them. :mad:

on a positive note I have mastered the fireman spin on my pole :j:j:j
    loves how my "I've been censored" signature has been censored. LOL. Happy Christmas. :xmastree:
  • Thanks for the cake chicky, just what I needed!
    Wahoo for figuring out the spin!

On the note of Unpicking to re do in the correct number of thread, I have made the same mistake with the final Bella and boo, but I've done to much to undo it, I've done it in 2 strands when it should have been 3 !
    13 in 2013 challenge 9/13
  • chickywiggle
    chickywiggle Posts: 5,203 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker Xmas Saver!
    Thanks for the cake chicky, just what I needed!
    Wahoo for figuring out the spin!

On the note of Unpicking to re do in the correct number of thread, I have made the same mistake with the final Bella and boo, but I've done to much to undo it, I've done it in 2 strands when it should have been 3 !

nooo poor Bella and Boo. fortunately it's only about 80 stitches (2 colours).

pffft now i want chocolate cake!!! but the urge not to wash up is combating the urge to make it!! I'll much on creme egg splats instead. :D
    loves how my "I've been censored" signature has been censored. LOL. Happy Christmas. :xmastree:
  • I have liquorice condors mmmmmm
    13 in 2013 challenge 9/13
  • Ailsb wrote: »
    Chicky - thanks for setting up this new thread. Sorry you are having problems, there's always someone who wants to rock the boat. I'm sure we can all do without them. If the mods do get involved I am more than happy for them to contact me and ask my opinion. I certainly don't want you to go.

WARNING here's the long promised photos:

The picture for my friends wedding:

9126855415_89ed8eec9e_n.jpg

The picture for my friend that has moved away:

9129072220_6cf46f7f88_n.jpg
    Side by side by Ailsb1, on Flickr

The picture of Mother and Child. This is the one that I started 15 years ago and finished last year. I've finally had it framed, just got to get hubby to hang it now.

9126857757_d28a32c2e9_n.jpg
    Mother and child by Ailsb1, on Flickr

My current project, the Chinese piece that I found out last week. This is what I'd done at the beginning of last week

7499498740_c787fef1f8_n.jpg
    tree by Ailsb1, on Flickr

and this is what it looked like this morning

9129075438_3fa7376cd1_n.jpg
    As at start of Monday 25.6 by Ailsb1, on Flickr

Lovely pieces of stitching, may I ask where the side by side pattern is from please? know a friend who that would be perfect for. Finally framed the noahs ark cross stitch I did my nephew that I finished in February. Going to hand it over mid july, tad late seeing as he's almost 1!!!:o
  • Ailsb
    Sorry to lower the tone Maria but I read your post as liquorice condoms :eek::D

Chicky thanks for the cake by the way. I've had an eating day on me today so just what I was craving.

JCS have just browsed your photos and all I can say is wow. I especially love the blackwork ladies.

Of tk sleep now, trying to catch up on the sleep I was deprived from during the weekend to london with the cubs.
  • Ailsb wrote: »
    Sorry to lower the tone Maria but I read your post as liquorice condoms :eek::D

Chicky thanks for the cake by the way. I've had an eating day on me today so just what I was craving.

JCS have just browsed your photos and all I can say is wow. I especially love the blackwork ladies.

Of tk sleep now, trying to catch up on the sleep I was deprived from during the weekend to london with the cubs.

glad I wasn't the only one........:rotfl::rotfl:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport