Welcome to the new look MoneySavingExpert.com

Options

Comments

• James240
    James240 Posts: 16,387 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    hiya martin

Love the new look :j but is it posible where the links showing what part of the forum we are in i.e. Home » Forums > MoneySaving And The Site > Site Feedback: Questions & suggestions

could it be moved down to just under the bit where it says "Welcome James240" as im sure thats were it was before (or it may have just been on the top of it :think: )

Anyways keep up the good work cos the site really does look a lot better now :)

James
    Savings Total so far for 2023: £8,062.58
  • scheming_gypsy
    scheming_gypsy Posts: 18,410 Forumite
    Options
    going to take a bit to get used to it but i hate that poncy green colour on the forums.
    I feel like i should be drinking gin and signing up to a gay dating site.
  • MyUserNamesTaken
    Options
    Got to be honest here - I don't like it. The green is nasty, the font is too small and the thing on the right is annoying. People read from left to right. Having the menu thing on the right makes it awkward to read. My biggest gripe is the font size. It's very hard to read now. I don't want ot increase the font size using "view", as all other forums I use have a font size that is easy to read. Sorry for the all the negative comments. :(
    In a rut? Can't get out? Don't know why?
    It's time to make that change.
    Cover up all the pain in your life
    With our new product range.
    So please don't feel blue - let us show you how
    To talk yourself into a good mood right now.
    Feeling sad is no longer allowed,
    No matter how worthless you are.
  • jmarko
    jmarko Posts: 4,137 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    The site looks good - it's neat and crisp but I can't begin to tell you how much I HATE this wide green strip >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

If it has to be a side strip can it go back on the left?

i'm getting to like that strip - i've started doodling on it... wait a minute, this is a permanent marker... MARTIN!!!!

:D

jmarko
    My signature has been removed by the authorities. If you have been affected by the issues raised in this signature, please contact the Action Line on 1-800-THEY-NICKED-MY-SIG.
  • MSE_Martin
    MSE_Martin Posts: 8,272 Money Saving Expert
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Some things that will change

1. We're going to try and change the font back to verdana, but it may be a week or so (its not as easy as it sounds)
    2. The breadcrumb trail, we're going to add the actual post you're in to it, like the old version and try and increase the font size so it's more obvious. I can't move it though - it'd leave a big gap and just waste the space - once its bigger i think you'll find it less of an issue.
    3. Please keep reporting any bugs like right hand side jumping to [EMAIL="bugspotting@moneysavingexpert.com"]bugspotting@moneysavingexpert.com[/EMAIL] and we'll work on them
    4. There are lots of little font glitches and things to be expected that we're going to work on.

Do you really remember what the old site looked like?

It's actually quite difficult to remember, so I thought this would be fun. Here's some old versions of the site

1. My homepage - pre-site in July 20022 View it
    2. The original incarnation of the main site. Feb 2003 View it
    3. Some tweaks made to the main site. August 2005 View it
    4. Getting nearer to the old site version. May 2006 View it

I haven't got a copy of the final version of the old site yet, but the last one above is quite close, and the forum layout didn't change from then till now

Martin :D
    Martin Lewis, Money Saving Expert.
    Please note, answers don't constitute financial advice, it is based on generalised journalistic research. Always ensure any decision is made with regards to your own individual circumstance.
    Don't miss out on urgent MoneySaving, get my weekly e-mail at www.moneysavingexpert.com/tips.
    Debt-Free Wannabee Official Nerd Club: (Honorary) Members number 000
  • MyUserNamesTaken
    Options
    That green at the very top is "Asda" green!
    In a rut? Can't get out? Don't know why?
    It's time to make that change.
    Cover up all the pain in your life
    With our new product range.
    So please don't feel blue - let us show you how
    To talk yourself into a good mood right now.
    Feeling sad is no longer allowed,
    No matter how worthless you are.
  • reehsetin
    reehsetin Posts: 4,916 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    dont mind the green on the top banner but really dont like it around the forum the mild mint green colour
    Yes Your Dukeiness :D
  • chaddy7604
    chaddy7604 Posts: 20,469 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Cheers Martin

We need the changes, I bet the Teams ears are burning while they sleep! :D

Chaddy
  • Jakaru
    Jakaru Posts: 117 Forumite
    Options
    MSE_Martin wrote: »
    I've deleted the post explaining how to get rid of the right hand bar.

It is an integral part of the forum and will include announcement and other information that's crucial to users. By not having the green bar you risk missing out on such info (changes of rules, of etiquette of how the forum works).

I'm Dumbstruck.
  • iwanttosave_2
    iwanttosave_2 Posts: 34,292 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    MSE_Martin wrote: »
    Some things that will change

1. We're going to try and change the font back to verdana, but it may be a week or so (its not as easy as it sounds)
    2. The breadcrumb trail, we're going to add the actual post you're in to it, like the old version and try and increase the font size so it's more obvious. I can't move it though - it'd leave a big gap and just waste the space - once its bigger i think you'll find it less of an issue.
    3. Please keep reporting any bugs like right hand side jumping to [EMAIL="bugspotting@moneysavingexpert.com"]bugspotting@moneysavingexpert.com[/EMAIL] and we'll work on them
    4. There are lots of little font glitches and things to be expected that we're going to work on.

Do you really remember what the old site looked like?

It's actually quite difficult to remember, so I thought this would be fun. Here's some old versions of the site

1. My homepage - pre-site in July 20022 View it
    2. The original incarnation of the main site. Feb 2003 View it
    3. Some tweaks made to the main site. August 2005 View it
    4. Getting nearer to the old site version. May 2006 View it

I haven't got a copy of the final version of the old site yet, but the last one above is quite close, and the forum layout didn't change from then till now

Martin :D

You dodged my question about the champers :naughty:

Oh and do you want to sponcer my wedding? Pay for it and I will have MSE embroidered down the back of my dress. Was going to ask Richard Branson but I didn't want to explain having "virgin" written on me to my gran :)

Yes I am bored. :o
    Work like you don't need money,
    Love like you've never been hurt,
    And dance like no one's watching
    Save the cheerleader, save the world!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts