IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Aldi Facebook Page Kicking Off after Parking Eye LBAs

Options

Comments

• Hovite_2
    Options
    razor142 wrote: »

So at the moment, we are facing an invoice for £70 for a whole 12 minutes extra, which seems overkill.

Which of course you won't be paying :beer:
  • razor142
    Options
    Hovite wrote: »
    Which of course you won't be paying :beer:

I don't want to however I hear that now they can go after registered keeper.
    Also don't really fancy going to court over this.
    We are in the wrong, having overstayed by 12 minutes however £70 is ridiculous, especially when my wife had to queue in store etc...
  • Hovite_2
    Options
    We are in the wrong, having overstayed by 12 minutes however £70 is ridiculous, especially when my wife had to queue in store etc...

They can go after the RK but only IF they don't know the driver. Either way, it's easy to kill this off at POPLA ( the "independent" appeals service ).

Wait and see if Parking Eye reject your appeal ( i.e. the one the you sent in again ). If they do they will have to give you a POPLA code. When you get that come back here and start a new thread asking for help ( it will get lost on this long thread ).
  • Stroma
    Stroma Posts: 7,971 Forumite
    Uniform Washer
    Options
    Of its ridiculous when you are supposed to go into a car park, find a place to park, find a sign to read, then read that sign and accept what it says, then go and maybe pay for parking , or leave.

Then on exit the parking company is supposed to give you a reasonable grace period to leave the car park, I'm sorry but 12 minutes don't cut it, and the bpa in their code of practice says that a grace period must be given.
    When posting a parking issue on MSE do not reveal any information that may enable PPCs to identify you. They DO monitor the forum.
    We don't need the following to help you.
    Name, Address, PCN Number, Exact Date Of Incident, Date On Invoice, Reg Number, Vehicle Picture, The Time You Entered & Left Car Park, Or The Amount of Time You Overstayed.
    :beer: Anti Enforcement Hobbyist Member :beer:
  • razor142
    Options
    Stroma wrote: »
    Of its ridiculous when you are supposed to go into a car park, find a place to park, find a sign to read, then read that sign and accept what it says, then go and maybe pay for parking , or leave.

Then on exit the parking company is supposed to give you a reasonable grace period to leave the car park, I'm sorry but 12 minutes don't cut it, and the bpa in their code of practice says that a grace period must be given.

The 'caring' Rachel said that 10 minutes was the grace period and hence was over that and she would not do anything.
  • HO87
    HO87 Posts: 4,296 Forumite
    Options
    Appreciate your point but could I suggest another viewpoint? At the time of your overstay was the car park full or so full that in those 12 minutes, and during the time your wife was waiting to pay, that the company actually lost out? Just imagine the situation where, had you been so anxious to exit within their entirely arbitrary time limit that you'd simply abandoned your shopping in-store and left having spent nothing? What would have been the company's loss in that situation?

You might also want to ponder the real reason why time limits, like this, are placed in car parks and who actually thinks them up and then enforces them? (Psst - let you into a secret - it wasn't Aldi). With that in mind, might they be intended more as tripwires to generate money more than anything else? And where does that money go? Just a couple of thoughts.

HTH
    My very sincere apologies for those hoping to request off-board assistance but I am now so inundated with requests that in order to do justice to those "already in the system" I am no longer accepting PM's and am unlikely to do so for the foreseeable future (August 2016). :(

For those seeking more detailed advice and guidance regarding small claims cases arising from private parking issues I recommend that you visit the Private Parking forum on PePiPoo.com
  • razor142
    Options
    HO87 wrote: »
    Appreciate your point but could I suggest another viewpoint? At the time of your overstay was the car park full or so full that in those 12 minutes, and during the time your wife was waiting to pay, that the company actually lost out? Just imagine the situation where, had you been so anxious to exit within their entirely arbitrary time limit that you'd simply abandoned your shopping in-store and left having spent nothing? What would have been the company's loss in that situation?

You might also want to ponder the real reason why time limits, like this, are placed in car parks and who actually thinks them up and then enforces them? (Psst - let you into a secret - it wasn't Aldi). With that in mind, might they be intended more as tripwires to generate money more than anything else? And where does that money go? Just a couple of thoughts.

HTH

Car park apparently wasn't full, but was busy in store, at the tills. It's a shame that Aldi have customer service reps that won't help. We'll see how this develops. I've submitted another customer query form to Aldi describing all of this.
  • peter_the_piper
    peter_the_piper Posts: 30,268 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 23 September 2013 at 1:45PM
    Options
    PE time you from the time you enter the site to when you leave, they don't time parking. So even if you parked exactly 1-1/2 hours (or whatever) it could have taken 6 mins to find a space and 6 mins to load and leave so you would always be overtime. Its a farce, I would love to see this sorted out by C/C judge. I have no problems with your ticket being charged at a gate but not for some made up ""parking"" time
    I'd rather be an Optimist and be proved wrong than a Pessimist and be proved right.
  • spacey2012
    spacey2012 Posts: 5,836 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    What other choice is there than leave the shopping and walk out if your time is up.
    Parkling eyes cameras dont give two frigs how busy the checkouts are.
    Personally, I don't thing the few pence saved is worth the stress of rush shopping to a timer .
    But hundreds after hundreds are unable to meet the deadline of the parking eye trolley dash.
    Aldi tills are not the fastest and if your time is up, you have two choices, parking eye or walk out.
    You can not even go back in 24 hrs as Parking eyes system is a cobbled together DIY heap of junk, hence why local councils have to use VCA approved ANPR equipment for any court case or the evidence is not of standard for court.
    Something that needs applying to all defences involving ANPR systems as court evidence.
    Be happy...;)
  • Custard_Pie
    Options

I'd speak to The Store Manager and tear them off a strip that you were being fined for being a loyal Aldi Customer. They either cancel the invoice or you will be taking your custom elsewhere, along with your story to the newspapers. Local Store fines customers for being 2 minutes over the threshold (10 minutes alleged grace).

Of course, as has been stated you can kill this off at PoPLA, which you are advised to do as PE do take customers to Court.
    Search my post " PoPLA evidence - What to submit" on what is a good defense for a PoPLA appeal.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure