PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

August 2013 Grocery Challenge

Options

Comments

• meg72
    meg72 Posts: 5,164 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    I amso envious my local asda and tesco does not have the 81p bacon in i have been looking for for about a month six weeks now

The 81p cooking bacon is now 1.18 in Asda, poundland have 600grms and 99p store have 350 grms bacon for 69p and 450 grms gammon steaks for 99p.

I find it is harder to find in Asda now as seems to sell out very quick.
    Slimming World at target
  • she_who_can_not_cook
    Options
    Billie-jo wrote: »
    why don't you do your stock take then pop over and also join the I'm eating our of the freezer and cupboard thread -

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=3307650
    I have recently joined this and did a stock take :eek::eek::eek: Oh my goodness once its listed I realise just how much food we do have in (plus food upstairs in wardrobe etc has not been listed) and realistically there is no need for me to go shopping for anything other than fresh stuff and milk until at least 2014. However I know this will never happened as even now DH says 'there's no food in this house' :rotfl:
    Good luck anyway.
    You know i have one ofthem too,if there is no crisp, and junk food there is no food in the house
    Gc 2013 +26 -5. -4 -7 -14 -15 -10.-8.20 +15p+30+5.80 Dec +9 GROCERY challenge 2014 Jan -2Feb -3 March -1.50 April +5.40 May +4.90 June -3.July 16.50/85

God bless my sweet "old man" Goldie that died in the early hours of 27 th March please see him on my avatar
  • she_who_can_not_cook
    Options
    meg72 wrote: »
    The 81p cooking bacon is now 1.18 in Asda, poundland have 600grms and 99p store have 350 grms bacon for 69p and 450 grms gammon steaks for 99p.

I find it is harder to find in Asda now as seems to sell out very quick.

Thank you i have seen the tiny square bits of bacon lardon? Not much in them btw
    Gc 2013 +26 -5. -4 -7 -14 -15 -10.-8.20 +15p+30+5.80 Dec +9 GROCERY challenge 2014 Jan -2Feb -3 March -1.50 April +5.40 May +4.90 June -3.July 16.50/85

God bless my sweet "old man" Goldie that died in the early hours of 27 th March please see him on my avatar
  • meg72
    Options
    Billie-jo wrote: »
    why don't you do your stock take then pop over and also join the I'm eating our of the freezer and cupboard thread -

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=3307650
    I have recently joined this and did a stock take :eek::eek::eek: Oh my goodness once its listed I realise just how much food we do have in (plus food upstairs in wardrobe etc has not been listed) and realistically there is no need for me to go shopping for anything other than fresh stuff and milk until at least 2014. However I know this will never happened as even now DH says 'there's no food in this house' :rotfl:
    Good luck anyway.

I started to list all the food I have in but gave up and it was just to much and I discovered a lot of stuff I had forgotten about.

Now I am concentrating on using up I am finding it very helpful to do as someone suggested on here last year and put several tins to use up in plain sight, i.e. top of upright freezer in kitchen this reminds me as I find out of sight is out of mind to me. I found 12 tins of rice pudding under the bed in spare room and have now put them on top of freezer, will use them up for breakfast I think.
    Slimming World at target
  • CountingPennies
    Options
    Think i might do a stocktake.... Should take me very long, lol ;-)

CP xx
    Slimming World Challenge 2017 0/30.5lb

Grocery challenge 2017 JAN: £5.56/£350
  • WantToBeSE
    WantToBeSE Posts: 7,729 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped! Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Only in my 1st week of my August challenge and i am already struggling.
    Doesn't help that I started my new job and am waiting for my tax credits to be processed.
    I am so tired when i get home, that i am too tired to cook a proper meal. I WILL improve on this!
  • Peggybabcot
    Options
    Hello this is my first time so be gentle ;) Pay day is 9th August and is 4 weekly so setting a budget of £400 this is for 2 adults and 2 teenagers and 1 cat
    Thanks x
    Can someone explain how to do a signature please, sorry to be a pain x
    Grocery challenge June 2016
    £500/£516.04
    Grocery challenge July 2016
    £500/£503.73
  • meg72
    Options
    Hello this is my first time so be gentle ;) Pay day is 9th August and is 4 weekly so setting a budget of £400 this is for 2 adults and 2 teenagers and 1 cat
    Thanks x
    Can someone explain how to do a signature please, sorry to be a pain x

Hi and welcome, if you go to the green bar at top of page and click on user CP you then scroll down to edit signature and type in what you want. Good luck.
    Slimming World at target
  • chocolatebum
    Options
    just realised as i was filling out calendar for kids school stuff next year that my last day for this month will be the 29th august and not the 30th. weekly shop on the 30th will be for septembers challenge so 25 days left of this month to go lol
    DEBT
    31/12/2018 = £21,740.10 - 31/12/2019 = £18,581.29 (14.53% PD)
    31/01/2020 - £18,685.22 (14.05% PD)
  • Smoosh
    Smoosh Posts: 1,629 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Bit late again! I'll be aiming for £120 again this month. This time just 2 adults as we now order cat food online.

Have had a few spends this month already, so I'll need to update later. First proper shop of the month tomorrow.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure