Vent - Vue Cinema allocated seating

Options

Comments

• System
    System Posts: 178,101 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    aileth wrote: »
    Funny everyone saying odeon has allocated seats, I just checked our local odeon for star trek and there's no allocation, not even an option to choose VIP?!

Yes i go to 3 Odeons regularly and none of them have allocated seats. Only the Imax does and only the "premium seats"
  • System
    System Posts: 178,101 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    chewynut wrote: »
    I think our Odeon allocates seats for the busy periods, aka evenings and weekends but the first showings of the day are dead and you can sit where you want.

People ask me how I can bear to work weekends and evenings. There's a reason! It's brilliant being able to watch films on the opening day with no peasants on their phones or stuffing their fat faces with crunchy food.

I was thinking of buying a mobile phone jamming device. They only cost about £80 and block every mobile phone in the near radius to you. I think it would be very useful in both the cinema and pub quizzes!

I think they may be illegal though?
  • Azari
    Azari Posts: 4,317 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    goater78 wrote: »
    I was thinking of buying a mobile phone jamming device. They only cost about £80 and block every mobile phone in the near radius to you. I think it would be very useful in both the cinema and pub quizzes!

I think they may be illegal though?

Yes, they are illegal to operate.

Not only that, the only ones I've seen have come from China.

(You may gather that I have though about this as well - mainly for trains. :D)
    There are two types of people in the world: Those that can extrapolate information.
  • Helix
    Helix Posts: 2,381 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    aileth wrote: »
    Funny everyone saying odeon has allocated seats, I just checked our local odeon for star trek and there's no allocation, not even an option to choose VIP?!

At the Odeon near me all screens have allocated seats only, it started after they took over UCI and put in premier seats.
  • aileth
    aileth Posts: 2,822 Forumite
    Options
    Helix wrote: »
    At the Odeon near me all screens have allocated seats only, it started after they took over UCI and put in premier seats.

Hmm strange, definitely not a nationwide company policy then! And re the allocated at busy times, I checked for Friday at 7pm and also Saturday (this weekend), still all unallocated! I checked cineworld same times online, there's nothing to select seats and no mention of allocated or unallocated.

Shows how long it's been since I went to the cinema, £27.40 for two tickets!?!?!?!?!
  • Silver-Cat
    Silver-Cat Posts: 242 Forumite
    Options
    £27? where on earth is that?

It 's only £7 per adult in Bedford and Milton keynes cineworld of which I go to either one of every tuesday.

I have the unlimted cineworld card too which for me is worth it as I go at least once a week minimum and also as I now have the VIP card, (beacuse I've had the unnlimited card for over a year I think) I get 25% of their food which off the price of an icecream and a coffee isn't bad.

I tend to book the tickets on line for me and my bf but it is never allocated seating.
  • aileth
    aileth Posts: 2,822 Forumite
    Options
    Silver-Cat wrote: »
    £27? where on earth is that?

It 's only £7 per adult in Bedford and Milton keynes cineworld of which I go to either one of every tuesday.

I have the unlimted cineworld card too which for me is worth it as I go at least once a week minimum and also as I now have the VIP card, (beacuse I've had the unnlimited card for over a year I think) I get 25% of their food which off the price of an icecream and a coffee isn't bad.

I tend to book the tickets on line for me and my bf but it is never allocated seating.

Sheffield, £27.40 for 2 adults to 3D star trek!
  • vikingaero
    vikingaero Posts: 10,920 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I prefer to book/have allocated seating. :p

That way I can get to see the show (anyone thought of that), I can sit in my preferred position from the screen/speakers and if I take DD1&2 I can make sure we sit with the balcony in front of us so they have an unrestricted view rather than risk sitting behing Mr 7ft Man or Miss Big Hair.
    The man without a signature.
  • sharnad
    sharnad Posts: 9,904 Forumite
    edited 18 May 2013 at 2:07AM
    Options
    Our cinemas have allocated seating. Two odeons and an empire 4.40 a ticket on tues for odeon 3.30 empire and you get lush premier screen for that with great seats
    Needing to lose weight start date 26 December 2011 current loss 60 pound Down. Lots more to go to get into my size 6 jeans
  • wibblewibble
    wibblewibble Posts: 200 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I'm off to see Star Trek tomorrow in 3D Imax Odeon Cardiff and I've just paid £21.50 for my ticket - thats ONE ticket - however, this is for the Gallery which is adults only, nice comfy seats with tables, and includes unlimited popcorn, soft drinks & nachos. I wouldn't normally even consider paying those prices but this is a special treat as I'm going with my son who is coming from Swindon for a mother and son day. It'll be a verrrry long time before I pay that much to go again lol I did like that in the gallery I can choose my seat in advance and we're right in the middle so hopefully will get the whole IMAX experience as I've never been to an IMAX before.
    Win's so far: Cadburys Mini Eggs £1.09 Pentel Goody Bag £10 , M&S Luxury Hamper £45, 10,000 Tesco clubcard points (£100) :j
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure