MONEY MORAL DILEMMA: Should Jordan take her kit off for cash?

Comments

• gravitytolls
    gravitytolls Posts: 13,558 Forumite
    Her folks may be religious, but as such, resumably they won't buy such material, therefore she doesn't run the risk of them seeing her.

If she has no personal reservations, why not? If I thought i could halve my debts, I might consider flashing my stretch marks too!
    I ave a dodgy H, so sometimes I will sound dead common, on occasion dead stupid and rarely, pig ignorant. Sometimes I may be these things, but I will always blame it on my dodgy H.

Sorry, I'm a bit of a grumble weed today, no offence intended ... well it might be, but I'll be sorry.
  • inkie
    inkie Posts: 2,609
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    Forumite
    I don't think her folks being religious has anything to do with it - what is a major influencer is the fact that as a teacher she is seen as being in a position of influence with youngsters. Hardly morally upstanding if she does that kind of thing. This is the choice you make when you go into this kind of profession. No.
  • mh1923
    mh1923 Posts: 525 Forumite
    Even if Jordan retains reprint rights to her photos, they'll still end up on the net, scanned and copied and emailed and posted and photoshopped over and over again for years to come. If she can accept the fact that she's going to meet people who have seen her naughty bits at unexpected times for the rest of her life, then why not? I don't think there's anything immoral about nudity, but there are consequences which are probably not worth the money.
    Hi, I'm Mich :o
    I won a years supply of Comfort fabric softener in November 2013 - more than half remains...
    2015 survey proceeds £115.36
  • liney
    liney Posts: 5,121
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    If she did would you want her teaching your children?

I certainly wouldn't. She is an educated woman and in a position of responsibility and influence.
    "On behalf of teachers, I'd like to dedicate this award to Michael Gove and I mean dedicate in the Anglo Saxon sense which means insert roughly into the anus of." My hero, Mr Steer.
  • Send me some pics, it'll help me make up my mind in this terrible dilema.
  • campbeji
    campbeji Posts: 76
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    OK, The original post said it would be full frontal nudity, so we're not talking about the mens lifestyle mags, more like the top shelf stuff, that in itself means that her position as a teacher would be put into Jeapordy.

Second thing is that the original post said that it is something she would not normally consider, so she is doing it just for the money, so thats another no.

Next point, how much debt is she really in?? An adult photo shoot is going to pay half of it off, whats the going rate for a photoshoot, say £250, OK we'll be really generous and make it £500, no make it £1000. So this makes her total debt about £2000, not exactly something to panic about. A lot of people will say that top models get huge payments for jobs, yes they do, but our girl is not a top model, she is basically a no one being asked to espread them for a mucky mag, she ain't getting a fortune for it. So another no.

Last Point, she can make this money in a much less risky way, private tutoring pays in the region of £20 to £40 an hour, so your talking 2 - 4 hours a week for 6 months. Or even an evening or two at the local Tesco's each week. So basically another No.

So all in all A big fat No from me too.

Jim
  • freddy27
    freddy27 Posts: 58 Forumite
    Do it if you feel OK about it, and to heck with the people who think negatively. They are the ones who are searching the net for ""It""
  • Keep your kit on if you want to remain in the profession. This is classed as 'conduct unbecoming' and I have no doubt that the case would be brought to the attention of the GTC (General Teaching Council). Teachers, like Police Officers, are expected to act with an acceptable standard of propriety. If you love teaching, don't do it. If teaching is just a job, then go fo it!
  • mcallister1
    mcallister1 Posts: 2,198 Forumite
    woodworker wrote: »
    Keep your kit on if you want to remain in the profession. This is classed as 'conduct unbecoming' and I have no doubt that the case would be brought to the attention of the GTC (General Teaching Council). Teachers, like Police Officers, are expected to act with an acceptable standard of propriety. If you love teaching, don't do it. If teaching is just a job, then go fo it!

Yes- remember the teacher who went on BB and then got naked? She was found guilty of exactly that. She had, amazingly ,told the aschool that the publicity would be good for it:eek:
  • bayernq
    bayernq Posts: 10 Forumite
    What in God's name is a FOUL swoop
    is this photo shoot some kind of perverted act. Get your kit off, pay the debts, do it again if you enjoy it and payeverything off in one FELL swoop
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure