Add your feedback on energy supplier Flow

Options

Comments

• jrio
    jrio Posts: 81 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Moving to Flow on 24/9/14 from iSupply. I will update with how it goes. The calls to their call centre have been very positive.
  • alanwsg
    alanwsg Posts: 765 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 9 October 2014 at 10:20AM
    Options
    Something I didn't think about before switching to Flow: the Santander 123 account doesn't pay the 2% cashback on Flow DD's like it did on EDF DD's.

Flow still works out cheapest for me, but it's effectively a 2% price increase to take into account if you're thinking of switching.

EDIT: See next post!
  • alanwsg
    Options
    So, about a month ago I posted that the Santander 123 account doesn't pay the 2% cashback on Flow energy DD's.

This month I look at my statement and see that they have paid the cashback despite Flow energy missing from the Santander 123 reward calculator page.

So, that's a bonus I wasn't expecting!
  • itm2
    itm2 Posts: 1,310 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Hung up my suit!
    Options
    I sent an email to Flow at the end of July querying my bill (which was clearly wrong), but never got an acknowledgement or reply. Also mentioned it on the phone last week when someone called me to get a meter reading, and they said that they would ask someone to contact me. Still total silence. Nil points for customer service so far....
  • malc_b
    malc_b Posts: 1,081 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Just noticed this thread. I posted my experience in a new thread as a heads up to others (oops).

Anyway, flow's web seems a bit rubbish. I switched myself and my mother a couple of days later. She didn't seem to receive the email from flow and I had to ask for that to be resent. Next the readings I put into flow's page to collect the changeover readings did not take, for both of us! This is known problem apparent so my advice is phone the readings in. Of course here's an idea, if it is known problem flow why don't you fix it, hmm?? In my case I put my changeover reading into both my old, EDF, and flow. When flow invented the figures, sorry I mean estimated the figures, EDF said that doesn't agree with ours. No final bill, no return on excess in EDF. Now I'm waiting for some 3rd party to validate the readings which can take a week or so.

All told I'm not impressed that out of 2 reading submitted on their website there was 100% failure to get the right readings across. Nor that when EDF questioned this they didn't contact me but just rejected EDF's message. Not impressed.
  • NigeWick
    NigeWick Posts: 2,715 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Switched to Flow when it was shown as the cheapest for my requirements. All went smoothly and the first month they sent an e-mail asking for readings. Now submitted six sets with no trouble at all.

It did take some six months for Co-Op to get my final bill sorted and I still have not had the £54 refund "because it takes up to two weeks."
    The mind of the bigot is like the pupil of the eye; the more light you pour upon it, the more it will contract.
    Oliver Wendell Holmes
  • gjs1701
    gjs1701 Posts: 163 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    It has just occured to me that it has been around 3 months and Flow haven't asked for a reading from me.
  • alanwsg
    Options
    I don't think they've ever asked me for a reading, it just said in the original correspondence to submit them monthly.

I've discovered it's best to do it on the last day of the month, then they use that reading for the next bill which appears on 2nd/3rd of the month. Otherwise they make an estimate.
  • topdog1966
    Options
    Credit balance of more than £200 outstanding 6 weeks after switching away from Flow Energy since they are more expensive ... email asking for "closing bill and refund of credit balance" gets a response we have sent your closing bill:D. Is it really that complicated?
  • footyguy
    footyguy Posts: 4,157 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 1 November 2014 at 1:30PM
    Options
    topdog1966 wrote: »
    Credit balance of more than £200 outstanding 6 weeks after switching away from Flow Energy since they are more expensive ... email asking for "closing bill and refund of credit balance" gets a response we have sent your closing bill:D. Is it really that complicated?
    How do you know what the closing balance was if they hadn't sent you a final bill? :huh:

Anyway

http://www.flowenergy.uk.com/help/unhappy/ ;)

Btw, Flow have not changed their prices, so if you really were £200 in credit, you have way overestimated your annual consumption somewhere. That means any comparison using such incorrect consumption figure could also be wrong for your actual usage.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure