Add your feedback on energy supplier Flow

Options

Comments

• paulhiphop
    paulhiphop Posts: 7 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I've had no problems with nPower but the prospect of a £130/year saving has tempted me to switch to Flow. I just signed up online to their "Thames Online Fixed September 2015" tariff, however at the end of the process I was served a confirmation page which stated "The transfer you have arranged is a variable price tariff" So I phoned up and queried this - they said it's an 'IT issue' they are aware of and dealing with and I should ignore it. Hope this isn't a sign of things to come...
  • gjs1701
    gjs1701 Posts: 163 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I've just switched to Flow from EDF. I was tempted by an annual saving of £90 shown on the Cheap Energy club. Flows own comparison showed less: £66.

I had the welcome email straight away. I will wait with a certain amount of trepidation to see if it all goes smoothly.
  • Th3_Ripper
    Th3_Ripper Posts: 52 Forumite
    edited 2 July 2014 at 1:17PM
    Options
    I started a transfer to Flow on Thursday 3rd April. Unfortunately I'm no further forward and Flow seem incapable of contacting me to explain what the problem is.

I have emailed and rang them every two weeks however they can't explain what is delaying the move.

At first they failed to send the application through their system correctly, resulting in a new application having to be made. Despite the first application being done over the phone (they have listened to the call but can't explain the problem).

Unbelievably poor service.

--- Update ---

I have just rang for an update and apparently I don't exist on their system and thus a third application is required. Suffice to say I won't be applying but will be lodging a formal complaint against Flow.
  • gjs1701
    Options
    Just got back from my holiday and had emails from Flow and EDF. My switch date is 27th July (tomorrow) for both gas and electricity.

I had an email asking for meter readings from Flow but when I registered online they didn't have details of my meter! According to their FAQ that is EDF's fault. I was able to submit a reading after following a different link to their website.

I am over a £100 in credit with EDF, so hopefully I'll get that back quickly.

So far so good.
  • zaax
    zaax Posts: 1,910 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Switch in April / May took the full six weeks. So far so good. They email me every month asking for readings - only supplied one set. Why they needed my DOB to switch I don't know
    Do you want your money back, and a bit more, search for 'money claim online' - They don't like it up 'em Captain Mainwaring
  • budthecat
    Options
    Firstly I moved house last December. I wanted to take my fixed flow tariff with me when i moved - finally achieved but it took multiple calls to customer service where no one seemed to understand the moving process. Finally managed to arrange in January and the switch went effective mid Feb but the whole process was painful.

At the same time, there was a credit balance on the account for my old property. You would not believe how long it took to get a refund on that. Again i got it eventually but it took multiple phone calls and over two months to resolve.

Recently i have had to call up almost every month as, despite providing regular meter readings, they keep overestimating my usage and overcharging me. And despite large credit balance they keep taking large monthly direct debits so that my credit balance grows every month. I got a large refund last month (again after multiple phone calls - do you see a theme here) to bring credit balance to a more reasonable level and got agreement from them to reduce the monthly DD amount. Except a few days later they took back almost all my refund as a DD on the old larger amount. And as it is summer my actual usage is less and less all the time but they continue to significantly overestimate bills. Back on the phone this week to look for another refund of large credit balance.

My fixed rate expires end of this month and i cannot wait to move to a new supplier so that I never have to deal with Flow again.
  • newtonphil
    Options
    I have been drawn to Flow because of the promised savings I can make over my existing and best possible tariff from M&S Energy. Today I completed the first stage online switch and received the welcome e-mail with switch details promptly. Interesting was the fact that the top line of the electricity supply number details were not filled in by Flow's website, the lower line was filled in correctly but the suggested top line was incorrect - last 3 digits. Seems like a WATCH OUT problem which might affect the switch so filled in numbers from previous suppliers' bills. Fingers crossed I don't get any of the problems experienced by others! Will post progress.
  • alanwsg
    alanwsg Posts: 765 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I've just completed my switch of gas & electricity to flow from EDF, everything went fine.

Applied on-line, got a very clearly laid out tariff statement and an explanation of what would happen. The switch happened about four weeks later, gas first then electricity about 10 days further on. Flow haven't taken the first DD yet but amount they've stated seems in-line with my consumption.

And bonus points for EDF who refunded the credit on my gas bill within two days of the switch and will take the final payment on electricity in two weeks time.
  • gjs1701
    Options
    I've had no problem with Flow. Just EDF - who couldn't get my final reading right. I supplied them the same reading that I did to Flow, they decided to use an estimate instead of the reading Flow provided or my reading!

I did get a refund, then an extra refund after a phone call with the correct reading. So all's well that ends well.

I havn't been with Flow long enough to get a bill yet, but they have taken their first payment, so all seems okay.
  • dale_cotterill
    Options
    I switched to Flow in April from the hopeless Scottish Power. The main draw was the Fee Free Cancellation (since we rent and cannot guarantee we will live here until the end of the offer.

All went smoothly, had to phone up their call centre once and the phone was immediately answered.

Very happy here.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport