webuyanycar.com

Options

Comments

• motorguy
    motorguy Posts: 22,477 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    andymac100 wrote: »

My advice, take any valuation with a pinch of salt and try and sell privately. I didn't wnat to because of the hassle and time invloved, but if you can, it'd be a much better option.

Agreed. It does bemuse me though that people expect a car trader such as webuyanycar to give them top book for their car, when they cant be bothered trying to sell it themselves.
  • ivor_home
    Options
    waste of time "webuyanycar.com"yes at thier own price,bottom line is dont bother the price they quote online is more than they offer once your there, its a ploy to get you in, they are basicly "car dealers"
  • sclyates
    Options
    hi
    yeah we did use them last month in sheffield and can gladly say we had a good deal. the price they gave us was not too far from the "book" price for a trade in and the money went into the bank account within a few days
    sarah
  • badboy_2
    Options
    just put in my car details knowing one in worse condition had just been sold on ebay by a private seller for £3,600 same year millage and spec but also had dent on bonnet and door creese. they offered me £1,600. i would prob agree with stugib they offer good money for cars they know will shift in a hurry. i would expect to get in excess of £4K privately and a dealer might offer £3.200 PX
  • Alias_Omega
    Alias_Omega Posts: 7,912 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    £3660 for my 2005 Megane, which are selling in Autotrader for £3000.

Not too bad for an online quote, but what i call nothing will be something to them.
  • bclark
    bclark Posts: 882 Forumite
    Options
    I sold my Car through them in early September despite being totally cynical. I decided to sell on my Car which was a little over 2 years old and having had grief selling privately in the past I decided to get a quote out of interest. The price that they quoted me was quite a bit more than the trade in value on my car and seeing as their local office was only 3 miles away i decided to chance it.

Now i went there knowing that despite the fact that i had been fully open and honest they would try and knock me down on the price but seeing as their offer had been far more than expected I worked out that I would be willing to accept £600 less than their offer. They had offered £10100 for my Seat leon which had a trade in value of £9450.

No surprises the guy came back from inspecting my Car having found a couple of 'phantom' issues and even said that he had to call his boss for advice on what to do (he was quite young so maybe he legitimately didn't know what to do). I was preparing myself for the worst now but he came back and said that they would have to revise their offer to £9775. This suited me fine as I was selling my Car without hassle and for above the trade in value. From their it was all smooth sailing and I was even allowed to keep the tax.

I think it really just depends on whether they want your car. They all go into Carcraft so i think mine would have made a very good car to go in their showrooms as it was relatively new and in good condition so someone is probably now paying them ridiculous sums per month for it at about 35% APR.
  • funky348
    funky348 Posts: 28 Forumite
    Options
    What do they check on your car? just the bodywork or do they go through the engine as well? do they ask to test drive etc.
  • Kilty_2
    Kilty_2 Posts: 5,818 Forumite
    edited 8 January 2010 at 1:48AM
    Options
    They offered me £1875 for my car. It's a 2003 1.5 Nissan Almera with 35,500 on the clock.

Arnold Clark offered £2000 as part-exchange as did another dealer I ended up buying a car from :).

AC started at £1700 though which I flat out refused. (why do used car dealers insist on the whole starting rock bottom and "speaking to the manager" to increase the price to what it's actually worth - Arnold Clark seem the worst for this - surely most people have realised by now that this is BS?)
  • Axeboy
    Axeboy Posts: 7 Forumite
    Options
    Ive always been tempted to see what theyd offer... ill try later.

They actually have an office upstairs from me.. could be interesting

haha
  • Jonj1611
    Jonj1611 Posts: 232 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi,

Found this today, thought it might be an interesting read :)

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-stories/2010/03/28/we-buy-any-car-for-less-115875-22143643/

Jon
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport