Charities board update
Please note, our Forum rules no longer allow the posting of links to personal fundraising or crowdfunding pages, such as JustGiving. You can read the full set of our Forum rules here.

Madeleine's Fund : Leaving No Stone Unturned

Options

Comments

• FRUGAL_4
    FRUGAL_4 Posts: 159 Forumite
    Options
    I havn't got the time or the patience to read all the thread but I'd like to ask what they want the money for? The police get paid to do their job and I don't know how any extra money can help them. I believe I heard that her mum is a doctor and the dad a lawyer so they obviously have quite a bit of money of their own. Before anyone starts I have every sympathy with their plight and even have a Madeline poster in my front window.

I'd also like to ask what's going to happen to the money if they don't find her?

Black Saturn,

I must agree with some of the other posters, if you don't have the time or patience to read the thread, then don't comment, as previously stated it is not difficult to get the facts regarding this case. Her parents are both Doctors, Holly and Jessica where playing out as most 10 years would do, Sarah Payne was with her siblings, the parents of Holly,Jessica and Sarah didn't leave three unattended children in an unsecure apartment building as the Mccanns did. Why even mention the three girls, the circumstances are completely different, as far as I am aware the parents of the three girls did not lose their children through neglect but in tragic circumstances at the hands of two very evil men!

FRUGAL
  • ifstar
    ifstar Posts: 487 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    From what I have read on the situation, there isn't actually any evidence that she has been abducted other than she is missing.

Initially there were reports that there was forced entry but these have since been dismissed and the room was apparently left unlocked (why anyone would leave there room unlocked when there are likely to be valuables, let alone sleeping children, is beyond stupidity).

I have also read that the parents did admit that they didn't check up on
    them like they said they did. There are reports that sniffer dogs followed her scent to a shop but it was lost at that point. Surely the person in the shop or even someone from the hotel must have seen something, I would imagine around 7pm when she is roughly supposed to have vanished, that there would be people walking about and have seen something.

I have read from a couple of places that there had been major building work going on nearby and that large holes (or foundations) were only filled in a couple of days after she went missing. It doesn't take a great leap of imagination to think that the wee girl might have woken up, left the room herself and walked about trying to find her parents, fell down a hole and injured herself and not been spotted by workmen.
  • TBeckett100
    TBeckett100 Posts: 4,732 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Cashback Cashier
    Options
    [QUOTE=I_have_read_from_a_couple_of_places_that_there_had_been_major_building_work_going_on_nearby_and_that_large_holes_(or_foundations)_were_only_filled_in_a_couple_of_days_after_she_went_missing._It_doesn't_take_a_great_leap_of_imagination_to_think_that_the_wee_girl_might_have_woken_up,_left_the_room_herself_and_walked_about_trying_to_find_her_parents,_fell_down_a_hole_and_injured_herself_and_not_been_spotted_by_workmen.[/QUOTE]

interesting. I cant believe the parents lied about checking on them. I think if the girl is found encased in concrete the parents should be arrested
  • daisy_doughnut_2
    Options
    interesting. I cant believe the parents lied about checking on them. I think if the girl is found encased in concrete the parents should be arrested

i saw the remark you gave before you edited an that was discusting
    care to explain??? i doubt you will!!!
    have opinions but dont be so nasty there was no need
  • full-time-mum
    full-time-mum Posts: 1,962 Forumite
    Options
    I've just been sent a chain email with Madeleines picture in. It is suggesting that the story is only getting coverage in the UK/Portugal - find this bit hard to believe.

It seems genuine so if anyone wants to particiapate, pm me and I'll forward the original.

Whatever your views on this topic, no-one can deny that keeping Madeleines photo in the public domain is a good thing.

====================================================
    PLEASE READ THIS MESSAGE AND FORWARD IT TO EVERYBODY

IN YOUR ADDRESS BOOK…

<Picture of Madeline here>

Please read this message and pass it on!!!!!!!!!

As you are aware my niece, Madeleine, is still missing and I am asking every

to send this as a chain letter i.e. you send it to everyone you know and ask

them to do the same, as the story is only being covered in Britain, Eire and

Portugal. We don't believe that she is in Portugal anymore and need to get her

picture and the story across Europe as quickly as possible.

More Details http://www.findmadeleine.com/

Phil McCann
    7 Angel Bears for LovingHands Autumn Challenge. 10 KYSTGYSES. 3 and 3/4 (ran out of wool) small blanket/large square, 2 premie blankets, 2 Angel Claire Bodywarmers
  • David_B_2
    David_B_2 Posts: 718 Forumite
    Options
    Yes, this was reported on the news (Sky) last week that a family member had started this and with the same text as you mentioned above.

So it could well be genuine.

PS: I have PM'ed you and for the 30 seconds of my time this will take then I am willing to forward it on for Madeleine's sake.
    Regards,
    Dave

If only I had a pound for every time I used the thanks button :D
  • astonsmummy
    astonsmummy Posts: 14,219 Forumite
    Options
    i've had loads of the text but no e-mails.
    :j Baby boy Number 2, arrived 12th April 2009!:j
  • ifstar
    ifstar Posts: 487 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Madeleine's father did not comment on anonymous accusations in a Portuguese newspaper that the couple did not check on their sleeping children every half an hour while they ate at a tapas restaurant as they have claimed, but instead stayed seated at their table all evening.

from http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/news/article-23395743-details/No+stone+unturned+in+the+search+for+missing+Madeleine/article.do

There was also the mention about forced entry and the patio doors being supposedly locked but the police and hotel have since said that this was not the case and the doors had been left unlocked and weren't forced open.
  • black-saturn
    black-saturn Posts: 13,937 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    OK so Sarah was out with her siblings of her own age. Great childcare choice there. And the Mccans are both doctors, sorry if I got the 2 well paid professions mixed up but they reported on the news last night that one was a lawyer and one a doctor so that's what I presumed the case was.

As I said in a previous post I sympathise entirely with the plight of the McCanns and even have a poster of the girl in my front window but I don't know why they deserve a fund more than any other missing child.
    2008 Comping Challenge
    Won so far - £3010 Needed - £230
    Debt free since Oct 2004
  • Drunkstar
    Drunkstar Posts: 889 Forumite
    Options
    I've just been sent a chain email with Madeleines picture in. It is suggesting that the story is only getting coverage in the UK/Portugal - find this bit hard to believe.

Why? Really, why would the press in other countries have more than a passing interest in this case?:confused:
    The "Bloodlust" Clique - Morally equal to all. Member 2
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport