Tmobile price increase

Options

Comments

• d123
    d123 Posts: 8,627 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    To add, anyone wanting to email, they are saying to use executive.office@everythingeverywhere.com for my replies.

But I'm still cc'ing Olaf and Jackie with all correspondence.
    ====
  • krsmith88
    Options
    Got so sick and tired of waiting for CS to say something useful. 5 calls, 4 promises of a call back, one 30 min conversation where no managers were available or would be all evening. All told me that Ofcom had approved the increase, however none would send me this approval or tell me where it was located. One gave me an email address to complain to, however this bounced back telling me that they do not accept emails.

After getting annoyed and yelling, I ended up at customer retention where I was told that there is actually no increase on my account?!

Mailed a letter of complaint to T-Mobile yesterday based on the ones posted earlier in this thread, and have received notification from Royal Mail that it was signed for and delivered.

Will be interesting to see how long the response takes.
  • RandomCurve
    RandomCurve Posts: 1,637 Forumite
    Options
    anna2007 wrote: »
    Does it matter when the rise is announced, if t&c's state the applicable RPI rate is the one in place in the month prior to the written notice being sent? There's nothing in the terms about the date of a price rise announcement, so the way I see it, the RPI rate at that time is irrelevant.

This price rise has made me so angry that it has got me to join this - my first ever forum!

I agree exactly with what anna2007 says the contract allows 3.2% - they have asked for 3.3%, therefore they have breached the T&Cs and we can cancel. I sent a letter to T-Mobile on Saturday 6th given them until Friday 12th to cancel my contract. I'll let you know the response, but if they refuse I'm taking them to the small claims court!
    - Don't get mad get EEven

As an aside you might be interested to note the following from EEs Annual Report 2011
    “Strategy” Para3:
    “…..our strategy is based on three core areas – driving customer loyalty,………”
    and Para 4 is even funnier!:
    "We aim to be the number one for customer loyalty in the UK." :rotfl:
  • d123
    Options
    This price rise has made me so angry that it has got me to join this - my first ever forum!

I agree exactly with what anna2007 says the contract allows 3.2% - they have asked for 3.3%, therefore they have breached the T&Cs and we can cancel. I sent a letter to T-Mobile on Saturday 6th given them until Friday 12th to cancel my contract. I'll let you know the response, but if they refuse I'm taking them to the small claims court!

Before you consider taking them to court consider taking the matter to CISAS.

http://www.cisas.org.uk/

This is a straight breach of contract which CISAS will have to rule on, with the added benefit that T-Mobile has to pay for the adjudication service, win or lose.

Every case to CISAS will cost them money, probably almost as much as allowing the cancellations.
    ====
  • d123
    edited 10 April 2013 at 11:53PM
    Options
    One thing that has disappointed me is the fact Martin Lewis has ignored this issue, I asked him to retweet a link to this thread and he hasn't responded yet.

We need public and media pressure and he is probably the ideal person to give it publicity.

I asked bitterwallet and the ex editor of one of the mobile phone magazines to do so and they did without a problem.

I've just sent a PM to him on the forum, hopefully it's more successful in getting his attention.
    ====
  • powerful_Rogue
    Options
    d123 wrote: »
    One thing that has disappointed me is the fact Martin Lewis has ignored this issue, I asked him to retweet a link to this thread and he hasn't responded yet.

We need public and media pressure and he is probably the ideal person to give it publicity.

I asked bitterwallet and the ex editor of one of the mobile phone magazines to do so and they did without a problem.

I've just sent a PM to him on the forum, hopefully it's more successful in getting his attention.

I sent an email to Bitterwallet about this and also about Orange changing their terms and conditions and not telling customers. Never heard anything back.
  • d123
    Options
    I sent an email to Bitterwallet about this and also about Orange changing their terms and conditions and not telling customers. Never heard anything back.

Bitterwallet responded to me this afternoon saying they would investigate, I sent them links to the threads here.
    ====
  • RandomCurve
    RandomCurve Posts: 1,637 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks d123 I had not heard of the cisas before and will go down that route first if necessary.

The are so many organisations out there that are meant to protect the consumer (OFT, Trading Standards, OFCOM) it makes you wonder why none of them have been challenging T-Mobile on this point. If it is proven that T-Mobile have breached their T&Cs (How do you get to January RPI from a letter dated April given their clause 2c iii (B)?), then I'll also be asking my MP to put in a Parliamentary Question to OFCOM on this.
  • d123
    Options
    There is an OFCOM reporting form, it can't hurt for everyone to comment to OFCOM directly to make them aware of the problem.

https://stakeholders.ofcom.org.uk/tell-us/formal-phone-company
    ====
  • 50Twuncle
    50Twuncle Posts: 10,763 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I have emailed both
    [EMAIL="olaf.swantee@ee.co.uk"]olaf.swantee@ee.co.uk[/EMAIL] and the executive office - both "READ" - but neither appear capable of replying !!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure