PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

June 2013 Grocery Challenge

Options

Comments

• sefilby
    sefilby Posts: 148 Forumite
    Options
    £59.63 spent in Mr T's on Sunday but only paid £52.93 thanks to various vouchers and multi-buys. This include nappies & calpol along with the foodie items.

As time-consuming as voucher finding/collecting maybe, they can be blooming useful; I got a tub of Y.U.M butter for free and 50p off a Y.U.M cheese spread which was already on offer so I only paid 50p! :j
    Christmas budget £266.38/£535 15/27gifts
    Read a book a week challenge 50/52
  • sefilby
    sefilby Posts: 148 Forumite
    Options
    Being ultra good today and using up the YS purchases for my lunch - 12 packs of kingsmill 50/50 rolls 32p, bag of salad 65p, chicken left over from Sunday's roast. Two rolls (3p each) and a 1/4 of salad (16p), butter (free with voucher) so less the £1 in total compared to £3/4ish for sandwich & salad from local Mr T express.
    Christmas budget £266.38/£535 15/27gifts
    Read a book a week challenge 50/52
  • Elimum
    Elimum Posts: 15 Forumite
    Options
    Hallo everybody!
    I'd like to join the GC club. We are looking to buy our first house and I'm trying to figure out ho much mortgage we can pay monthly without too much pain :D
    We're two adults and a 2yo girl, obviously the grocery shopping will be higher as DD grows up or if other little ones follow;), but I want to have an idea.
    At the moment our grocery spending varies a lot because some months I'm able to only spend for fresh products and live out of the pantry and freezer. I expect for June to spend less then 300£, as I have a well stocked pantry, but I need to cook a bit for the freezer because me an DD will be on holiday abroad for awhile this summer :cool: and I need to cater for the abandoned DH who will be alone for 2 weeks.
    GC June £75.60/£300
  • lizalloareds
    lizalloareds Posts: 1,838 Forumite
    Options
    £1 Mr A they had fox's biscuits on offer on a stand near the main door
    £1.14 Ald*
    September GC 30th aug-4th Oct £332.74/£375 NSD 3
    Gc Jan £234.85/200 :(Feb £298.92/280:(March £298.42/£280:( April £270.49/280:) May Gc £351.08/£350 June £300.06/280 July £256.15/£240
    Aug £318.74/£280
  • jedi82
    jedi82 Posts: 410 Forumite
    Options
    Hello, lovely sunny day today but also meant I popped into town to have a mooch! Got some strawbs for the kids, razors for DH and then some lentil and dried apricots. All good stuff but wouldn't have spent anything if I hadn't gone out!!!

Total to add to sig £8.89

Still got to do school run yet and that involves walking through town again. Might take some snackies for kids with me and BE STRONG AND SAY NO!!! lol.

Have a good day.
    Jedi x
    Finally getting my life on track. Onwards and upwards.
    BSC No 327
    GC Jan £336.91/£450
    GC Feb £0/£400
  • Cekaelta
    Cekaelta Posts: 21 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I'm a bit late joining this one, been a bit distracted. This is my second month of GC and after a very successful first month (with a bit of help from mum visiting and buying food for us!) am going to take another big chunk out of our pre-GC budget and set a target of £200.

We have quite a bit of meat and have been building up cupboard supplies so secretly I am hoping to beat this again but I am also going to be more strict and make sure OH gives me receipts for any popping in to the shops he does! We have started off a bit badly though as we spent around £8 (receipt is at home for me to check) at Mr T on Sunday on just snacky things after a busy day at ikea and DIY shops so a bit wasted really. We will have to make up for it on the first grocery shop of the month tomorrow!
  • Nelly11
    Nelly11 Posts: 190 Forumite
    Options
    Just loo rolls for me today £1.96 for 9 in Mr T, anyone know where you can get them cheaper??
    Thanks xx
    Barclay card £4,024/£0 0%interest
    HMRC £3,456/£0 0% interest
    Blackhorse £2763/£0 0% interest
    HMRC2 £397/£0 0% interest
    Credit card £1400/£0 29% interest
    Save all loose change 2018 total =
  • K9sandFelines
    K9sandFelines Posts: 2,578 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic Combo Breaker
    Options
    Nelly11 wrote: »
    Just loo rolls for me today £1.96 for 9 in Mr T, anyone know where you can get them cheaper??
    Thanks xx

C*-*p have the pack of 24 Cashmere Soft ones in again (i have also seen these in Mr T, but only online and a 9 pack). I'm not 100% sure of the price, but i need to stock up myself, so will check and get back to you if this would help at all. I remember the last time they had them they were £5
    GC £150 a month for food, toiletries and cleaning Jan £134.58 Feb £137.18 Mar £118.89 April £
    Forever learning the art of frugality
  • Missbookworm27
    Options
    Challenge going reasonably well for me, another few spends to report:
    £8.00 in lidos (lost receipt but it was 7 something, overestimating here!)
    £8.17 in h.bs
    £10.57 in h.bs
    £4.57 in mr t
    Up to £115.99 with still 3 weekly shops to go. Meal plan done for this week, just got to stick to it now! Any ideas for using up butternut squash? Only me who likes it really, half is ear marked for a spicy biriyani style bake but don't want to waste the rest!
  • Crowdpleaser
    Crowdpleaser Posts: 1,277 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    37.90 as a top up for me this week in albi. That's us til end of week. Someone here seems tp be eating loo roll as I've had to buy more today after only a week ago buying 9! Got dishwasher tabs too as we running close. Annoying stuff like foil bought too. Did get some frankfurters too ready for next week. Still feel like were doing good. Were certainly not going without! Lol x
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure