Limo on last day of school

Options

Comments

• susancs
    susancs Posts: 3,888 Forumite
    edited 29 March 2013 at 7:10PM
    Options
    Is it worth asking the other parents why they are passive aggressively bullying your son?

I have to say that this 'tradition' stinks.

I really think that if it is a good school they will take a dim view of children being left out. A similar type of situation happened in one of my daughter's classes whereby a child handed out invites to her hall disco party to all children but one in the class (not my child). The child who was left out was sobbing in class, with the other child stating that her Parents had said she could leave her out as they didn't like her. The Head teacher called the party child's Parents in for a meeting that evening and they were read the riot act about the situation and told that isolating one child like that was against their anti bullying policy and against school ethos (they told several parents they never felt so humilated as the Chair Of Governors was there as well). An invite was given to the child the following day with an apology, but obviously the Parent decided her child would not go to the party and many others followed suit. Several years later when the birthday child's name is mentioned, the unkind act is what they remember about her and her Parents.
  • Treevo
    Treevo Posts: 1,937 Forumite
    Options
    Is your son also a bully? Occam's Razor and all that.
  • geoffky
    geoffky Posts: 6,835 Forumite
    Options
    How crass...It never ceases to amaze me what people will do ...
    It is nice to see the value of your house going up'' Why ?
    Unless you are planning to sell up and not live anywhere, I can;t see the advantage.
    If you are planning to upsize the new house will cost more.
    If you are planning to downsize your new house will cost more than it should
    If you are trying to buy your first house its almost impossible.
  • kjmtidea
    kjmtidea Posts: 1,372 Forumite
    Options
    It wasn't arranged by the school, there were no letters, just groups of parents arranging it all. I spoke to the head teacher in passing the other day and he said that it was difficult for him to get involved because it isn't arranged by the school but the limos go onto the school grounds so surely they hold a little responsibility? I think because the tradition was started years ago, it will always continue and the school should get involved - even if it is just sending out letters making everyone aware so that children don't get left out.

My son is quite upset about the whole thing, I haven't really let on about how annoyed I am with the whole situation because I don't want to make him feel worse! I like the suggestion of picking him up 30 minutes early so he can avoid the whole thing, I don't drive but we could go jump on a bus and find something nice to do.

I do agree that it is a little ott but I think that it is a nice thing to do for them, it would be £17 each for the limo. My son is going to grammar and there are only 3 boys from his year going so it's his last day with his friends, I think emotions are playing a big part in this too.

Thanks for all the replies, just nice to get others peoples views and ideas.
    Slimming World - 3 stone 8 1/2lbs in 7 months and now at target :j
  • kjmtidea
    kjmtidea Posts: 1,372 Forumite
    Options
    The limos are just driving them around for an hour and no my son isn't a bully.
    Slimming World - 3 stone 8 1/2lbs in 7 months and now at target :j
  • billa_champion
    Options
    Why dont you ask the other two boys' mums why they didn't mention it? OK it is all a bit crass but why should your son miss out - I'd be fuming..! As for donating to a charity etc. I really don't see how that will make him feel any better about the situation. The thing is once he starts his new school the other boys will probably mention the last day and how much fun they had blah blah blah
  • Jojo_the_Tightfisted
    Options
    Book an Aston Martin, then. And take him somewhere nice, rather than around in circles.
    I could dream to wide extremes, I could do or die: I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by.
    colinw wrote: »
    Yup you are officially Rock n Roll :D
  • Valli
    Valli Posts: 24,818 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    kjmtidea wrote: »
    I have one of his friends after school 2 days a week!

If this were me I would no longer be doing this...
    Don't put it DOWN; put it AWAY
    "I would like more sisters, that the taking out of one, might not leave such stillness" Emily Dickinson
    :heart:Janice 1964-2016:heart:

Thank you Honey Bear
  • FatVonD
    FatVonD Posts: 5,315 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 29 March 2013 at 7:24PM
    Options
    Apparently they're only in London, don't know where you are, OP!

http://www.virginlimobike.com/

ONe of my neighbours hired an ice cream van for their wedding, maybe he could be picked up in one of those and make everyone feel really bad by serving them all ice creams ;)

Do you have any family members with a job that would provide a novelty vehicle? Failing that a black cab driver I used once that had Ben & Jerry's livery used to get lots of booking for weddings.
    Make £25 a day in April £0/£750 (March £584, February £602, January £883.66)

December £361.54, November £322.28, October £288.52, September £374.30, August £223.95, July £71.45, June £251.22, May£119.33, April £236.24, March £106.74, Feb £40.99, Jan £98.54) Total for 2017 - £2,495.10
  • midnightraven3
    midnightraven3 Posts: 2,720 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    will doing anything with his mum make him feel any better?:(
    sorry i dont want to sound mean, but being left out by all of his peers is really horrible, and hiring aston martins or buying goats wont make him feel better

i would be more concerned this would escalate things, kids are mean as you have found out, all thats going to happen is he will be singled out for trying 1 up manship:(

any chance the parents asked their children and each presumed another had included your son?
    are all the vehicles full to capacity? and only your son and the bully cannot fit in? that sounds odd
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure