Topcashback Questions & Answers

Options

Comments

• mamabuddah
    Options
    Just a quick one, I can't see it in the stats, how long is "on ice" for Marks & Spencer claims?
    No two ways about this one: Anything Free is not a Basic Right..it had to be earned...by someone, somewhere
  • Yorkshire_Pud
    Options
    mamabuddah wrote: »
    Just a quick one, I can't see it in the stats, how long is "on ice" for Marks & Spencer claims?

Better ask a Mammoth!:)
  • sarah1972
    sarah1972 Posts: 18,935 Senior Ambassador
    Homepage Hero Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    hitman08 wrote: »
    Is there much difference between Plus membership and Classic membership?

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4519857&page=148
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Competitions Time, Shopping & Freebies boards, Employment, Jobseeking & Training boards If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • OneLeggedPig
    Options
    Basically it comes down to are you going to use it multiple times each year- enough to make up the £5 charge for Plus membership.

For me it's worth it. You get no external ads on the site and a few other minor things, but the key is that you get 4% more cashback for each purchase.

So to make up that £5, you'll need to make about £125 overall in cashback in the year. If you are going to be making more than that in the year then Plus is worth it.

I've made £175 this year so far (joined in April), but I moved house in that time and had new broadband and utilities and insurance to sign up to, which are the big things.
  • TopCashBack_Company_Representative
    TopCashBack_Company_Representative Posts: 2,184 Organisation Representative
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

Hope you're all having a lovely Tuesday.

@martyp - Unfortunately, if you don't purchase immediately from TopCashback you wont be eligible for cashback if you went back for an old quote. The only way to be eligible would be to clear cookies and cache, log in to TopCashback, create your quote and then make your purchase all in the same browsing session.

@2010 - I can't give you a definite yes or no as it's not down to one individual what should or shouldn't be placed in any one position on site. We have a very active team that take on board feedback and make changes. Your idea has been put forward and if we make the decision to take it forward then the page will be updated. That's as much feedback as I can provide in regards to your idea.

@mamabuddah = Can you confirm which M&S Programme this is with? M&S Online, M&S Insurance etc. Once I know this I can then get the definite time frame for you.

Best wishes,
    Mammoth Matt :)
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of TopCashBack. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • mr97
    mr97 Posts: 44 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Matt, I have sent an email highlighting the situation .
    Thank you for your time.
    2010 Posts: 5,368 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

@2010 - I can't give you a definite yes or no as it's not down to one individual what should or shouldn't be placed in any one position on site. We have a very active team that take on board feedback and make changes. Your idea has been put forward and if we make the decision to take it forward then the page will be updated. That's as much feedback as I can provide in regards to your idea.

Best wishes,
    Mammoth Matt :)

I won`t hold my breath.
    It shouldn`t be my idea anyway.

Any reputable company would make the fact that cashback is NOT guaranteed as visible, clear, and precise as possible and not try to bury it in the small print (if it is indeed there)

You say it`s in the T&C and I have ask you for the exact paragraph and line but you failed to answer.

You say it`s displayed when clicked through to a retailer but it`s not.

Why don`t TCB want to be crystal clear about the fact that cashback is not guaranteed?
  • mamabuddah
    Options
    @Matt m&s online
    No two ways about this one: Anything Free is not a Basic Right..it had to be earned...by someone, somewhere
  • rich_shot2003
    Options
    Matt

are you going to make it clear on your TV Ad that cashback is not guaranteed??

as if you watch it there is nothing on there saying that.
    2010 Posts: 5,368 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Matt

are you going to make it clear on your TV Ad that cashback is not guaranteed??

as if you watch it there is nothing on there saying that.

https://www.asa.org.uk/Consumers/How-to-complain.aspx
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure