We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Debate House Prices


In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non MoneySaving matters are no longer permitted. This includes wider debates about general house prices, the economy and politics. As a result, we have taken the decision to keep this board permanently closed, but it remains viewable for users who may find some useful information in it. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Nice people thread part 8 - worth the wait

1…788789791793794…1000

Comments

  • Nikkster
    Nikkster Posts: 6,391 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    My drugs preclude drinking. I am trying to make a scarecrow very, very quickly.

    I feel, drugs or not, need for scotch and rocks.

    Why do you need to make it very, very quickly?
  • vivatifosi
    vivatifosi Posts: 18,746 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Mortgage-free Glee! PPI Party Pooper
    I don't want you to think us Herts people are a bit special, but following on from traffic cone man in Hemel Hempstead, we have this news, from Watford:

    http://www.hemeltoday.co.uk/news/local/what-a-bummer-removing-objects-from-people-s-bottoms-costs-local-nhs-20-000-in-a-year-1-5249056

    I'm intrigued to know what prompted someone to ask this under FOI in the first place...
    Please stay safe in the sun and learn the A-E of melanoma: A = asymmetry, B = irregular borders, C= different colours, D= diameter, larger than 6mm, E = evolving, is your mole changing? Most moles are not cancerous, any doubts, please check next time you visit your GP.
  • lemonjelly
    lemonjelly Posts: 8,014 Forumite
    1,000 Posts Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    Dropbox help please!

    A person has sent me a weblink to their public dropbox folder.
    How do I put pics from my PC into their dropbox?
    I've tried dragging & dropping, & that ain't working.

    Please bear in mind when replying that I am a complete novice with PC's & IT (amongst other things...)
    It's getting harder & harder to keep the government in the manner to which they have become accustomed.
  • Nikkster
    Nikkster Posts: 6,391 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    lemonjelly wrote: »
    Dropbox help please!

    A person has sent me a weblink to their public dropbox folder.
    How do I put pics from my PC into their dropbox?
    I've tried dragging & dropping, & that ain't working.

    Please bear in mind when replying that I am a complete novice with PC's & IT (amongst other things...)

    Having a quick skim of the dropbox website, I think you need to install dropbox to add files - you can see files if someone sends you a link to their dropbox, but not sure you can add anything.
  • misskool
    misskool Posts: 12,832 Forumite
    10,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    edited 3 August 2013 at 8:13PM
    lemonjelly wrote: »
    Dropbox help please!

    A person has sent me a weblink to their public dropbox folder.
    How do I put pics from my PC into their dropbox?
    I've tried dragging & dropping, & that ain't working.

    Please bear in mind when replying that I am a complete novice with PC's & IT (amongst other things...)

    you need a dropbox account i think. then you just drag and drop it in when you are logged in.

    otherwise should be an upload option somewhere.

    :D
  • lostinrates
    lostinrates Posts: 55,283 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Nikkster wrote: »
    Why do you need to make it very, very quickly?

    Has to be up by this afternoon. Almost done. Looks a bit like. Fat rod Stewart.
  • Nikkster
    Nikkster Posts: 6,391 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Has to be up by this afternoon. Almost done. Looks a bit like. Fat rod Stewart.

    Ok. Why this afternoon? :)
    Because fir is around to help erect fat Rod Stewart? Or have you got something that is under attack?

    I think a fat Rod Stewart would scare me off :eek:
  • PasturesNew
    PasturesNew Posts: 70,698 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Nikkster wrote: »
    Ok. Why this afternoon?

    Ye Deville Cometh .... remember she's in the country - and it's all pagan out there. Probably get a Druid banging on her door with a big stick if there's no scarecrow when Ye Deville Cometh.

    :)
  • vivatifosi
    vivatifosi Posts: 18,746 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Mortgage-free Glee! PPI Party Pooper
    Did you go late Pastures or early? I went early and it was mobbed with people stocking up pre-Wimbledon. Not only had a long queue (like Christmas) when I finally got to the conveyor, the person in front paid with about 40 coupons. I can imagine it was quite a serene place to shop post 2pm.
    Please stay safe in the sun and learn the A-E of melanoma: A = asymmetry, B = irregular borders, C= different colours, D= diameter, larger than 6mm, E = evolving, is your mole changing? Most moles are not cancerous, any doubts, please check next time you visit your GP.
  • chewmylegoff
    chewmylegoff Posts: 11,469 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    Murray is choking again...

    Love watching the odds change on betfair with every single point!
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.