Looking for the silver lining

Options

Comments

• Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,515 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    What a day!!!

Someone at work told me I could walk from work to hospital this morning, less than 2 miles down canal towpath. So set out. No signposts to hospital, walked too far, had to stop cyclist who said way back there. Walked back, only 15 minutes to go to appointment time, no sign of hospital. Finally arrived 15 minutes late, appointment cut short, ankle too sore to do much with anyway as had walked 14000 steps in one go. Needed a sit down before going back to work so went into hospital Costa, queued for a while, my turn, asked for black coffee - no water they said, can only do lattes. I don't like milk :(

Needless to say I caught the bus back to work!

Both feet are so sore, have done 22,500 steps today, ankle is swollen.

Mr SA has been watching something on TV on how DWP are taking Motability off people. Says he will top himself if they take his scooter off him. :(

Tonight will not be an AFD that's for sure.
    I get knocked down but I get up again (Chumbawamba, Tubthumping)
  • please-let-me-be-lucky
    Options
    What an awful day for you :(. Big hugs.

Chin chin Xx
    Debts @ LBM £23,729.31. Debts @ 08/04/2016 £0 :j
    Best win so far - holiday to Florida
  • mummytogirls
    mummytogirls Posts: 6,578 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Oh SA what a nightmare of a day for you, hopefully tomorrow will be better.

Boooo to costa having no water aswell.

I read in the news about the mobility, thought it was cars though, does it extend to scooters too? xx
    Mummytogirls x

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,634 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    What a horrid day.
    Hope tomorrow is way better.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Eager_Elephant
    Eager_Elephant Posts: 4,714 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I read in the news about the mobility, thought it was cars though, does it extend to scooters too? xx

The scheme is called Motability and although most people exchange their money for a car you can exchange for a super duper mobility scooter.
    I saw part of the programme and they did only mention cars as I guess this is what affects the majority.

I work with people who claim benefits and although some decisions are flawed and people are losing disability benefits when they shouldn't there are some who have been flouting the more relaxed rules under DLA and got away with it for years but now it is more structured these people are losing their benefits and that is only right.

Unfortunately it is the genuine cases that suffer for the few that claim fraudulently.
  • JWPopps
    JWPopps Posts: 341 Forumite
    Options
    Oh SA that's so stressful!!

Hope your ankle improves rapidly, and I do feel for Mr SA :(
    Mortgage: £83,000
    Credit Card Debt: £1,700
    Loan Debt: £3,000

• Sun_Addict
    Options
    Thanks EE - Mr SA only has a basic scooter, we couldn't' afford for him to have a top of the range one. I can totally understand DWP wanting to sort the chaff from the wheat, it's been going on for far too long. But like you say the genuine cases get caught up with them.

So how do I break it to Mr SA that work want me to go to London for 3 days at the beginning of May? I could travel home daily but it would mean very long exhausting days and ideally I need to stay overnight. I want to go to be honest. They need someone experienced in verbatim note taking and I'm the only one who fits the bill. I'm on a mission to get promoted and this would really go in my favour. DD will be at home so he won't be on his own. He won't like it that's for sure.
  • mummytogirls
    mummytogirls Posts: 6,578 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Can you just tell him that they've said you have to go and don't tell him about the option of travelling home each day? xx
    Mummytogirls x

• Sun_Addict
    Options
    I'm mulling it over. If I tell him I'll be exhausted travelling back and forth he should understand but he only thinks of himself. He doesn't want me to get promoted, even though it would mean more money and a better pension for me. The thing is that when he was working, if he had to stay overnight somewhere I'd just have to accept it. I quite fancy the idea of 2 nights in a hotel in London despite the responsibility of the note taking. Anyway no need to tell him until closer the time, no point stressing him yet.

Both feet are sore today, still suffering from yesterday.

Popped into Aldi on the way home and got loads of stuff for less than £5. They had reduced their Super 6 to 19p each :)

Mr SA bought me a bunch of tulips for Easter plus a card. Nice surprise as he doesn't usually think about anyone but himself. Still doesn't make up for him running me over though.

So pleased no work for 4 days :):)
  • please-let-me-be-lucky
    Options
    London trip sounds just the ticket! I'd definitely go for the hotel option :D.

Nice thought re the tulips :T Xx
    Debts @ LBM £23,729.31. Debts @ 08/04/2016 £0 :j
    Best win so far - holiday to Florida
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills