Looking for the silver lining

Options

Comments

• Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,515 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    It would be fab and all paid for by work. I know it's a responsibility taking the notes, they need to be spot on it's really important, but I could do it no problem. Bliss to get hotel room all to myself :) How to sell the idea to Mr SA though .... He won't like it. He'll worry about his dinner.
    I get knocked down but I get up again (Chumbawamba, Tubthumping)
  • please-let-me-be-lucky
    Options
    He can ring a take away in! He'll love it :D
    Debts @ LBM £23,729.31. Debts @ 08/04/2016 £0 :j
    Best win so far - holiday to Florida
  • Sun_Addict
    Options
    I could book it in advance for him, believe me he wouldn't be able to do it for himself. Or he could go on his scooter to the local chippy. Lucky you are selling me the idea :)
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,634 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Yah to 4 days off.
    TBH if I was you I would just tell him I had to go.End off.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • please-let-me-be-lucky
    Options
    Sell, sell, sell :rotfl: Xx
  • Sun_Addict
    Options
    I do have to go Beanie, there is no one else can do it or is willing to do it in reality. Sometimes I come in useful, not always, but occasionally.

When I think back, I was on my own for 9 months when he was faffing about in hospital.
  • *Robin*
    *Robin* Posts: 3,364 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Stoptober Survivor
    Options
    Ditto Lucky's comments.

What about a selection of posh ready-meals for MrSA? Won't hurt him to have a ping-dinner for three days (some of the M&S ones are pretty good - "3 for a tenner" deals).

Maybe also get someone in from Pawshake [or similar organisation] a couple of times a day to walk Pup - and co-incidentally check MrSA is ok?
  • Sun_Addict
    Options
    The penny dropped early this morning - he survived when I was in hospital for 2 nights and that was unplanned. He can't say anything. DD will be there, I'll ring him to make sure he takes his meds and sort out something for his dinner. When I was in hospital all he was bothered about was his dinner. His sister told him it wouldn't do him any harm not to eat he could do with losing some weight, and that was the only sympathy he got.

I won't tell him until nearer the time though or he'll be sulking and going on about it for weeks. It's not exactly a jolly, I'll be note taking for 3 days solid.

Robin he takes the dog out on his scooter so she'll be ok for walks. We live literally across the road from a park where he takes her 2 or 3 times a day.

This weekend is going to be all about decluttering.
  • please-let-me-be-lucky
    Options
    So pleased you've decided to go. Nights alone in a hotel sounds bliss, even if the days are spent note taking!

Think I might join you in the decluttering!
  • brizzledfw
    brizzledfw Posts: 7,302 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    I am with you on this.

Not the same at all, but am going away for 2 nights to help my sister move and we are leaving the boy who lodges with us instructions re looking after the pets and HM dinners which he can just heat up...or the number for Dominos...depends how he feels!! :rotfl:. Really don't think 2 night away is an issue and your DD is there. In our case neighbours all prepped and on call.

Main thing will be not to come back to a junk yard of unwashed plates etc after 3 days hard transcribing.... when I am away that's what upsets me the minute I walk back through the door. They are learning though and now at least stack the dishwasher and make me a cup of tea....

Have a great few days off

X
    MFiT-T4 Member No. 96 - 2022 is my MF goal :D
    Winter 17/18 Savings Rate Goal: 25% [October 30%] :T
    Declutter 60 items before 31.03.18 9/60 ** LSDs Target 10 for March 03/10 **AFDs 10/15 ** Sales/TCB Target 2018 £25/£500 NSDs Target 10 for March 02/10 Trying to be a Frugalista:rotfl::T
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure