Looking for the silver lining

Options

Comments

• Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,581 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    DD didn't come home last night. She took her toothbrush so must've been planned. Nice of her to let me know, I know she's 30 but it's only courtesy. Wonder if he is the Valentine's Day flower sender?

Been up for an hour, dog woke me up licking my face. I've got a hair mask on at the moment and am planning on a relaxing day today. Only got a bit of ironing to do and the bathroom to clean, that's all for housework. Should also be a NSD, the first one of April, not doing too well on that score.

Need to menu plan and get my act together WW-wise to lose that 2.5lbs. Got plenty of time to do that today.

Happy Easter everyone :)
    I get knocked down but I get up again (Chumbawamba, Tubthumping)
  • mummytogirls
    mummytogirls Posts: 6,578 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Ooohhhhh wonder where DD has got to SA?! Do you still listen out for her coming in after a night out?

Happy Easter to you and Mr SA xx
    Mummytogirls x

• Sun_Addict
    Options
    Not so much now MTG, she is 30 after all. She's still not back, she'll be with the mystery man. Mr SA always said that she would've made a good spy as no matter how much you grill her you never get any information from her.

Having a quiet day today it's lovely :) Mr SA has gone for his siesta.

Still pondering on holidays and what to do. Would be lovely to go to Ibiza in the summer but then we want to go back to Lanzarote this year but rubbish flight times dictate not until October. Then there's the work on the house and if (IF!!) I can secure a builder the work might hopefully be done during the summer and we might need to be around.

Sensibly I think the best option is to get a builder first then see what's what. Going to contact my friend tomorrow to see if her DH is free.

Hope everyone is having a good day :)
  • mummytogirls
    Options
    I can't believe DD hasnt told you who this man is! You need to get a better look at him next time SA :rotfl:
    Mummytogirls x

• Sun_Addict
    Options
    She's back now. They were outside in the car for ages before she came in. I was trying really hard not to curtain twitch :) She snuck back in almost silently. Dying to quiz her but will let her tell me in her own time.

Dare I get my hopes up .....
  • JWPopps
    JWPopps Posts: 341 Forumite
    Options
    Ha this is so exciting SA!!! Please keep us posted haha
    Mortgage: £83,000
    Credit Card Debt: £1,700
    Loan Debt: £3,000

• please-let-me-be-lucky
    Options
    Oooh, hope all went well with Mr Mystery :D.

2.5lbs is nothing after a holiday! Well done you Xx
    Debts @ LBM £23,729.31. Debts @ 08/04/2016 £0 :j
    Best win so far - holiday to Florida
  • mummytogirls
    Options
    Shame the dog didn't need a wee at that exact moment SA!!!! Maybe you should invite him round for tea! xx
    Mummytogirls x

• brizzledfw
    brizzledfw Posts: 7,302 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    :rotfl: M2G.....ooh do tell us when you find out SA!!

Have a great day and take it easy if you can...remember less is more when it comes to housework ;)
    MFiT-T4 Member No. 96 - 2022 is my MF goal :D
    Winter 17/18 Savings Rate Goal: 25% [October 30%] :T
    Declutter 60 items before 31.03.18 9/60 ** LSDs Target 10 for March 03/10 **AFDs 10/15 ** Sales/TCB Target 2018 £25/£500 NSDs Target 10 for March 02/10 Trying to be a Frugalista:rotfl::T
  • Sun_Addict
    Options
    I don't want to put her off so will let her tell me when she's ready. I'm keeping my fingers crossed this one will work out. I've warned Mr SA not to hassle her as he asks daft questions and this is why she's so secretive.

Anyway I've now got my sensible head back on and am getting on with house renovation planning before I book another holiday. I've already been in touch with my friend, her DH is at work today but she's given him my mobile number so he can contact me. Hopefully he can fit it in. Need to see how much and how long work will take realistically before I can book a holiday, if we don't get until later in the year then so be it.

Mr SA has been ok, I think the headaches are just part of the damage done by the tumour and brain haemorrhage. There would've been other signs if something more sinister. After losing my mum to a brain tumour and nearly losing Mr SA to one I'm quite an expert at spotting the signs. If you can remember 4 years ago I suspected one long before the doctors did and he wouldn't be here today if I hadn't persisted.

Not sure what to do today, did very little yesterday and feel I should be doing something today. Got to nip to the local shops for some bread and fruit but that's it. Would quite like to go out for lunch but Mr SA not keen so it would be a waste of money really.

Got another 4 day weekend to come at the end of the month as off on the Friday for Mr SA's birthday then it's bank holiday on the Monday.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure