Looking for the silver lining

Options

Comments

• please-let-me-be-lucky
    Options
    The sandpit sounds more than enough, but if you really wanted to, I suppose you could post an Easter card with some money in instead of an egg each?

Take care tomorrow Xx
    Debts @ LBM £23,729.31. Debts @ 08/04/2016 £0 :j
    Best win so far - holiday to Florida
  • brizzledfw
    brizzledfw Posts: 7,302 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Just catching up. So pleased re the holidays and how great it was. Can't Mr SA put up with a cramped flight once in a while?

Very pleased you are also getting on with house refurbishments..sounds great and so well deserved after the few years you've had...

Xx
    MFiT-T4 Member No. 96 - 2022 is my MF goal :D
    Winter 17/18 Savings Rate Goal: 25% [October 30%] :T
    Declutter 60 items before 31.03.18 9/60 ** LSDs Target 10 for March 03/10 **AFDs 10/15 ** Sales/TCB Target 2018 £25/£500 NSDs Target 10 for March 02/10 Trying to be a Frugalista:rotfl::T
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,578 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Mr SA loves the pressure washer, his new toy. He went mad this morning cleaning everything in sight, making a hell of a mess, which I have spent ages cleaning up. However, he overdid it and has spent all afternoon in bed with a bad back. Now he's complaining of headache, blurred vision and dizzy spells and has had a bit of a do as he calls it. Hopefully nothing sinister but I can't help being concerned given his health history.

I've filled in the PIP form, it was quite easy as nothing whatsoever has changed since the last one I filled in for him. I mentioned on the form that he's just had an assessment but no doubt he'll be called in again. They only need to speak to his consultant, he's not going to improve, he has brain damage.

Spent most of the day trying to tidy up the garden but am limited with the ankle. Not done too bad but ankle quite swollen now. I kept trying to rest but every time I did the dog appeared from nowhere with her ball.

Good idea about the Easter cards and money Lucky :)

Back to work tomorrow, but only 4 days then Eadter long weekend. Physio on Wednesday. Need to get back on the waggon WW wise.
    I get knocked down but I get up again (Chumbawamba, Tubthumping)
  • mummytogirls
    mummytogirls Posts: 6,578 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hope Mr SA is feeling ok after a lie down SA, could the heat/sun be a factor with him feeling unwell too? It was really quite warm here earlier on. Anyway when he's feeling better send him our way with the pressure washer, our driveway could do with a good clean :rotfl: xx
    Mummytogirls x

• Sun_Addict
    Options
    He seems ok now. I think he overdid it. MTG if you saw the mess he made with the pressure washer you'd soon change your mind :)
  • Sun_Addict
    Options
    Just wondered - has anyone hard from Buffy? It's not like her not to post for so long. Bit concerned.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,718 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    She is fine SA. Has popped up on FB.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • mummytogirls
    mummytogirls Posts: 6,578 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Glad hes ok now SA xx
    Mummytogirls x

• Sun_Addict
    Options
    Survived first day back at work. Wasn't really feeling the love though.

Mr SA ok but still has backache. No pressure washing today.

First AFD of April today, planning to do 3 this week, detoxing after holiday :)
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,718 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Only 3 days to go :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure