We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Looking for the silver lining

Options

Comments

• please-let-me-be-lucky
    Options
    Yay to the gold! Hope Mr SA a bit better this morning Xx
    Debts @ LBM £23,729.31. Debts @ 08/04/2016 £0 :j
    Best win so far - holiday to Florida
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,704 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    He's been a lot better today. Even took himself off to the barbers.

Builder came round tonight to measure up for quote. He was recommended by a work friend. He seemed really nice and Mr SA liked him which is a bonus. Quotes will be back in about 10 days then it's off to the building society.

Went to circuits at lunchtime and today has been a NSD.
    I get knocked down but I get up again (Chumbawamba, Tubthumping)
  • Seasidegal58
    Options
    Pleased to hear Mr SA has brightened up..

Exciting times ahead on the building front!
    Finally Debt Free! - July 2016 🌟
    Finished Emergency Fund- £10,000 April 2017
    🌟
    RETIRED: MAY 2021!!!!😀🎆
    My diary: “Seasidegal's Scrimpy Retirement Diary!”
  • Bubblesmum
    Bubblesmum Posts: 1,710 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hope the building bill is manageable - i love changing things.... so exciting
    As a dear MSE friend says “keep plodding” or
    What does the saying say.... When life hands you lemons, crack open the Gin......
    Or as my Mum would instil, brush yourself down, tomorrow is another day or
    Fake it, to you Make It

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/5681736/dancing-through-the-rain-with-a-smile-and-good-cheer#latest
  • mummytogirls
    Options
    Hi SA, good news on Mr SA feeling better. Also him liking the builder! Always good to get someone on recommendation too.
    Well done on going to class and NSD too xx
    Mummytogirls x

• Sun_Addict
    Options
    Today has been quite lucrative. Got £20 in Love to Shop vouchers from work for writing an article in a newsletter. Then in Mr S exchanged £20 of Nectar points for £40 in homeware - got 2 furry cushions, Christmas candles and lantern. Also doubled up to £20 of Tu vouchers but not used yet, although have my eye on a top. :)

Mr SA has had a relapse and is ill again :(

DS rang tonight to say his letting agent has gone into liquidation. The owner of his house he rents is also the letting agent and has done a runner owing thousands. In recent months she asked him to pay the rent into a different bank account which seems suspicious. Told him to contact Citizens Advice or a housing advice place as he is naturally worried. There's always something!
  • Eager_Elephant
    Options
    Great work on all the extra money coming in.

Sorry to hear Mr SA is not well again.

Sorry to hear about DS - we had the same thing in our town only the letting agent didn't own any houses but ran off with tenants money so landlords did not get paid and then of course they threatened eviction to tenants who had paid.
    I work partly in Housing Law and I would suggest that DS keeps his rent money safe in a separate account for now as before too long the mortgage company (if it was mortgaged) will be in contact or of the business is in liquidation and has accountants then they should write to advise of who to pay.
    No matter what his tenancy is still valid and he has to be served the required 2 months notice before anyone can make him leave. If he has rent arrears then it is only 14 days notice.
  • Buffythedebtslayer
    Options
    Wow SA you never have a dull moment do you!

sorry to hear about DS and the house and the trousers. How rubbish. I so admire you really.Good news on the gold front.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
    Nevertheless she persisted.
  • Sun_Addict
    Options
    Thanks for that EE. He only just paid rent last week so next lot not due for a while. He was thinking about putting it to one going forwards like you suggest. I told him to find out who the liquidators are and contact them. Like you say he still has rights as a tenant.
  • Sun_Addict
    Options
    ooh Buffy we crossed posts. Finding it hard to type with a small Jack Russell's chin on my arm!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 249K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure