Looking for the silver lining

Options

Comments

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,629 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Great results for you. :j :j
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Bubblesmum
    Bubblesmum Posts: 1,710 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Waving madly

Well done on the decluttering! In a brief window we had yesterday, I managed to get OH to get rid of clothes and computer gear... its very therapeutic

Christmas shopping sounds good.... we fortunately have very few presents to buy... mostly cash for Godchildren etc but I got myself organised to get several in the local garden centre where I had a money off voucher.

Have a good week.... how many NSD and how many alcohol free days are you aiming for?
    As a dear MSE friend says “keep plodding” or
    What does the saying say.... When life hands you lemons, crack open the Gin......
    Or as my Mum would instil, brush yourself down, tomorrow is another day or
    Fake it, to you Make It

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/5681736/dancing-through-the-rain-with-a-smile-and-good-cheer#latest
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,506 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Hello BM :) Hoping for 12 alcohol free days and 8 no spend days in total this month - stop laughing at the back!

Starting as I mean to go on, today has been both a NSD and an AFD. Didn't go to the gym at lunchtime as felt a bit off colour today. Hopefully an early night will do the trick and will feel brighter tomorrow.
    I get knocked down but I get up again (Chumbawamba, Tubthumping)
  • Seasidegal58
    Options
    Doing well SA - have a nice early night.
    Finally Debt Free! - July 2016 🌟
    Finished Emergency Fund- £10,000 April 2017
    🌟
    RETIRED: MAY 2021!!!!😀🎆
    My diary: “Seasidegal's Scrimpy Retirement Diary!”
  • Bubblesmum
    Options
    Sun_Addict wrote: »
    Hello BM :) Hoping for 12 alcohol free days and 8 no spend days in total this month - stop laughing at the back!

Starting as I mean to go on, today has been both a NSD and an AFD. Didn't go to the gym at lunchtime as felt a bit off colour today. Hopefully an early night will do the trick and will feel brighter tomorrow.

I am not laughing, I', your guilty conscience.... cheering you on, to resist when resist is required

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::j:j:j
    What does the saying say.... When life hands you lemons, crack open the Gin......
    Fake it, to you Make It

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/5681736/dancing-through-the-rain-with-a-smile-and-good-cheer#latest
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,506 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    And I did feel better the next day. Yesterday was an AFD again, alas have had a glass of wine tonight but it's been a NSD :) Went to Zumba yesterday and circuits today.

Mr SA has been ill today, upset tummy and sickness. He felt better tonight and has had some dinner, although he went to bed at 8pm. His scooter has been fitted with solid tyres today so no more punctures.
    I get knocked down but I get up again (Chumbawamba, Tubthumping)
  • please-let-me-be-lucky
    Options
    Yay to solid tyres, boo to sickness. Do you think he has what you did the other day when you felt off colour? Xx
    Debts @ LBM £23,729.31. Debts @ 08/04/2016 £0 :j
    Best win so far - holiday to Florida
  • Seasidegal58
    Options
    Glass of wine + Zumba/circuits = another glass of wine!:D

Hope Mr SA feels better tomorrow. Solid tyres can only be a good thing!
    Finally Debt Free! - July 2016 🌟
    Finished Emergency Fund- £10,000 April 2017
    🌟
    RETIRED: MAY 2021!!!!😀🎆
    My diary: “Seasidegal's Scrimpy Retirement Diary!”
  • Bubblesmum
    edited 11 November 2016 at 1:42PM
    Options
    Waving

A bit of a heads up re the solid tyres, which is great for avoiding punctures, but they do make for very uncomfortable ride over rough terrain and cobbles, and the risen pavement around crossings. I called it the bone shaker ! Just in case it comes up in conversation.

I put up with it, for the trade off re not being stranded when you have a puncture!

hope today has been good.... NSD; no vino !!!!
    Fake it, to you Make It

• mummytogirls
    Options
    Hope all ok with you SA xx
    Mummytogirls x

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business