Options

Comments

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,434 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Hurrah for Tuesday :grin:
    So chuffed for you :j :j
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,376 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Happy Hallow'een!

Had quite a few trick or treaters round tonight and wow had they made an effort this year, some great costumes. Mr SA happy as some sweets left over.

Mr SA got in at doctors today. He has very badly bruised ribs (as I suspected). Will take time to heal.

New Fitbit is brilliant - Charge 2 - can recommend. Even informed me Mr SA was ringing when I was sat on the loo at work and phone was on my desk!!!

30 minutes on cross trainer at gym this lunchtime.

Payday today, sorted finances, credit card paid off. Skint now - when is it payday again?

Plans for November: 8 no spend days, stick to budget, lose the 2.5lb needed to get to goal, 12 alcohol free days. Love the start of a new month, lots of fresh enthusiasm which will last for about 2 days :)
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,434 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    As long as 2 days :rotfl:
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Sun_Addict
    Options
    Happy November :)

Up at silly o'clock again today - keep waking up at 4am, usually get up at 5am, body clock still operating on the summertime hours.

So decided to make the most of Mr SA not looking over my shoulder to do a proper list of plans for November.

1. Most important of all - stick to budgets. Got one budget for groceries another for general spends. Not rocket science. Write down everything I spend for the whole month, notepad at the ready. Will join the November grocery challenge.

2. Lose that pesky 2.5lbs required to get to WW goal. I reset my goal weight from 14 years ago, upped it by 3lbs to a more attainable weight for me. I could go 5lbs under goal if I wanted to, say pre holiday/Christmas. Plan to do this is similar to budget one - I have my smart points budget, stick to it and write everything down.

3. 12 alcohol free days. This is forever on my list - can't seem to do more than 8 just lately. My ultimate goal is not to have any alcohol during the week. This will also help my goal above no doubt.

4. 8 no spend days. This should be do-able as the days I go to the gym at lunchtime I don't usually spend anything. Will join the NSD challenge

5. Need to get a couple of quotes for the work that needs doing on the house. Then I can get cracking with the re-mortgage now I've got a permanent job.

6. Declutter some particular areas of doom: cupboard under the stairs, cupboard in dining room, the cupboard in the bedroom that Mr SA converted into my walk in wardrobe a few years ago (except you can barely walk into it for stuff!) and the area in the kitchen where I sit and have coffee, breakfast, etc (where I'm sitting right now in fact) that always gets cluttered with magazines, notepads, receipts, leaflets, etc. These 4 areas get decluttered regularly but always get messy again.

So that's the plan for November. I'll look back on this list on a weekly basis to keep me motivated.

VSP now holds £667.08 - have started to spend some of this on Christmas things as that's what it's for. Regular saver I started a few months ago now holds £250, tied to this for a year. Savings situation needs to be reviewed but not until after Christmas.

Now I must crack on and start my "new" job - should be fun as have got new identity number so will lose everything on my computer associated with the old one :)
  • Seasidegal58
    Seasidegal58 Posts: 5,677 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Enjoy your "new job" SA. Must be a lovely feeling to know that you are finally permanent.

Shall I see you over on the NSD NOVember thread?:D

Hope Mr SA is on the mend.
    Finally Debt Free! - July 2016 🌟
    Finished Emergency Fund- £10,000 April 2017
    🌟
    RETIRED: MAY 2021!!!!😀🎆
    My diary: “Seasidegal's Scrimpy Retirement Diary!”
  • Sun_Addict
    Options
    Hello folks

Been AWOL a few days - so busy and absolutely shattered this week! Have managed to make a good start on Christmas shopping already, got some bargains. Doll's house from Asda for DGD, lovely big wooden one with £10 off, got a doll/furniture set for it too, being delivered in the week. Also got DS a bottle of Jim Beam from Morrisons as part of the 2 bottles of spirits for £20 deal. Got 2 bottles, keeping the other one back to put away for Christmas. Also got him the Ladybird book of the Hangover to go with it :) Has anyone else read those spoof Ladybird books? The hangover one is hilarious, I was laughing out loud in the shop reading it. Got Mr SA a beer advent calendar from Groupon, got him one last year and he loved it.

Need to tot up finances tomorrow and see where I am. Lost half a pound at WW. Went to Zumba on Tuesday, circuits Wednesday and spinning yesterday so have done plenty of exercise. Plan to start on the cupboards of doom tomorrow. Trying to have a fairly relaxing weekend pottering about and getting stuff done.

No visit from the grandkids this weekend but next weekend we are babysitting both of them while mum and dad go Christmas shopping. Hoping I won't have to change nappies :eek:
  • Seasidegal58
    Seasidegal58 Posts: 5,677 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Sun_Addict wrote: »
    Also got him the Ladybird book of the Hangover to go with it :) Has anyone else read those spoof Ladybird books? The hangover one is hilarious, I was laughing out loud in the shop reading it.:

I have flicked through both the "Hipster" and "Husband" versions. They are so funny. The Husband one mentioned that when they are older they start speaking like Inspector Clouseau when they start to run out of conversation. We have someone in work just like that!:rotfl:
    Finally Debt Free! - July 2016 🌟
    Finished Emergency Fund- £10,000 April 2017
    🌟
    RETIRED: MAY 2021!!!!😀🎆
    My diary: “Seasidegal's Scrimpy Retirement Diary!”
  • mummytogirls
    mummytogirls Posts: 6,578 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Ive not heard of these books SA, must check them out they sound funny!!!

Hope you've had a nice Sunday xx
    Mummytogirls x

• brizzledfw
    brizzledfw Posts: 7,302 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    All sounding very good..have a great week SA

Brizzle xx
    MFiT-T4 Member No. 96 - 2022 is my MF goal :D
    Winter 17/18 Savings Rate Goal: 25% [October 30%] :T
    Declutter 60 items before 31.03.18 9/60 ** LSDs Target 10 for March 03/10 **AFDs 10/15 ** Sales/TCB Target 2018 £25/£500 NSDs Target 10 for March 02/10 Trying to be a Frugalista:rotfl::T
  • Sun_Addict
    Options
    I've made good inroads into the decluttering - done the cupboard in the dining room, the drawer of doom in the kitchen and the walk in wardrobe. Took all day ;( But done nonetheless. Next on list is cupboard under stairs. Meal plan for next week done, finances done. Had a good weekend doing but relaxing too. Mr SA has been resting, his ribs still hurt him, but he's been ok. Spent loads but accounted for from VSP Christmas budget.

MTG - the books are so funny you really need to check them out. I've noticed they're now doing spoof Famous Five books :)

So this week I've achieved a weight loss of half a pound, had 1 no spend day and no alcohol free days thanks to left over from weekend bottle of wine.

Hopefully next week will be better.

Another week - here we go!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills