Looking for the silver lining

Options

Comments

• Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,506 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    BM he was warned about the less comfortable ride but like you say worth it for no punctures.

Mr SA is ok now apart from his ribs. Lucky - I think I was just shattered.

The latest with Mr SA is he's decided he's going back to roofing. He has been haunting a local workwear shop and has already purchased a pair of hi-vis trousers!!!!! I am banging my head against a brick wall!!!

Been to spinning today, still aching from circuits.

Babysitting tomorrow, recovery day Sunday.
    I get knocked down but I get up again (Chumbawamba, Tubthumping)
  • please-let-me-be-lucky
    Options
    Oh em gee re the trousers! Super frustrating for you.

Hope babysitting goes well with no pooey nappies :rotfl: Xx
    Debts @ LBM £23,729.31. Debts @ 08/04/2016 £0 :j
    Best win so far - holiday to Florida
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,629 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Eeek to the breeks.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • mummytogirls
    Options
    Oh no can't believe he's trying to go back to roofing :eek: could he do some volunteering or something to keep him busy or is he not up to it? xx
    Mummytogirls x

• Verbatim
    Verbatim Posts: 4,830 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Can you hide the trousers and take them back?!
    CCs @0% £24k Dec 05 £19,621.41 Au £13400 S 12600 Oct £11,981 £9481 £7500 Nov £7250 D £7100 Jan 6950 F £5800 Mar£5400 May £4830 June £4660 July £4460 Aug £3200, S £900, £0 18/9/07 DFW Nerd 042
  • Sun_Addict
    Options
    MTG - he couldn't even volunteer, he's just not up to it. As for roofing his balance is non-existent. He knows deep down, he goes off like this every so often.

Verbatim - too late, he's wearing them on his scooter.

So I survived the babysitting :D Wasn't too bad but the baby cried quite a bit and I had to change his nappy. All I can say is thank goodness my baby/toddler days are over. DD kept DGD entertained so that was a help. DS wants us to babysit again in a couple of weeks while they go to the Christmas market in town.

Heard Mr SA offering to have them overnight :eek: That's not going to happen we don't have anywhere for them to sleep. I have to watch Mr SA as he says some strange things and it can be quite embarrassing - eg he told them we are going on a cruise - we're not, he had a dream about it the other night and he's finding it hard to distinguish between his dream and reality. He also tried to give his watch away.

The weather was just awful yesterday and I got soaked taking the dog out. Looking better today though.

Today's plans:
    1. take the dog out
    2. email a builder for a quote
    3. check Mr SA's tax account as he should've had a small rebate but can't see it's been received; think I might not have submitted the form fully.
    4. menu plan for the week ahead
    5. Try and have a NSD

Credit card has rolled over and total is very high but a lot of this has to come out of VSP as it's Christmas stuff. Paid a big chunk off this morning so VSP is looking very small as now only has £273.50 in it :(

Tomorrow I have the dentist for the permanent crown fitting followed by a flu jab at the doctors - so a fun afternoon for me :rotfl:

Hope everyone is having a good weekend.
  • Sun_Addict
    Options
    So out of today's plans I have:
    1. take the dog out - done x 2
    2. email a builder for a quote - done, no reply but wouldn't expect one on a Sunday
    3. check Mr SA's tax account as he should've had a small rebate but can't see it's been received; think I might not have submitted the form fully - done. He is due a £7.50 rebate.
    4. menu plan for the week ahead - done
    5. Try and have a NSD - no, although it was a very low spend day of £1.80

Plus have decluttered the cupboard under the stairs. Finally got together my gold jewellery that is broken/no longer worn, weighed and it's going to Hatton Garden Metals. Have requested a withdrawal of £12.35 from Quidco and £13.71 from TCB :)

So quite a productive day :j
  • please-let-me-be-lucky
    Options
    What a busy bee! Hope you have a nice chilled evening Xx
    Debts @ LBM £23,729.31. Debts @ 08/04/2016 £0 :j
    Best win so far - holiday to Florida
  • Sun_Addict
    Options
    Mr SA is now asking what happened to a £20 note he had in his wallet when he was first admitted to hospital over 3 years ago!!!!! I used it to get home from the hospital at 1am in a taxi costing £18 when I had no money on me, he gave it to me. He wants it back!!!
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,629 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Oh dear you could not make it up :(
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure