Looking for the silver lining

Options

Comments

• Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,581 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Day 3. I hope I can keep motivated to post like this twice a day as I've found it very encouraging.

Mr SA's ESA went in the bank today so have paid another £20 off the Tesco card, £6.30 has gone into my VSP and the rest is for food. VSP now stands at £248.48.

New totals:

M&S£34.00Debenhams£42.00Tesco card£432.06Halifax£1,795.00Barclaycard£350.00£2,653.06
    To hit target by next Wednesday need to pay another £156.97 off. Should do it. That might be it until next week now.

VERY spendy day today with Mr M big order coming to £93.50 BUT this includes me taking advantage of the 25% off wine offer by ordering 12 bottles so won't need to order any for a few weeks now. Spent £12.68 in Mr S at lunchtime but most of this was on a pair of PJs for Mr SA (25% off TU). Work coffee was free today as had a full stamp card. Total spend today a very scary £106.18. This has all been paid for on the Tesco card so will need to be transferred over tomorrow to stop the total creeping up again. I've now earned my Mr M £15 summer bonus so this will be coming off next week's shop.
    I get knocked down but I get up again (Chumbawamba, Tubthumping)
  • Sun_Addict
    Options
    All going well until I wandered into M&S on the way home from work. "For a quick look at the sale." Spent £42 on a skirt, top, scarf and 2 bottles of hand wash. Then I had to fork out £2 bus fare home as I was running late. Got home and Mr SA had left his key in the door and it took lots of knocking and the dog barking before he left me in as he was fast asleep. I've lost count of the times I've told him not to do this in case something happens to him, how would we get in. All the shopping was still in the carrier bags on the kitchen floor and the washing was still out!

Stuck to my points, did 13569 steps despite not walking home and was too shattered to even think about the 7 minute workout.

Mr SA is worrying about the scan tomorrow, which is only natural. He's worried because he's been so tired and confused at times just lately. Hopefully everything will be ok.

Have just poured myself a glass of the wine I ordered (need to sample it in case it's off :)), taking it in the bath with me and then it's an early night as I have to get up at 5 tomorrow.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,718 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Positive positive vibes for tomorrow xxx
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • please-let-me-be-lucky
    Options
    Best of luck for tomorrow Xx
    Debts @ LBM £23,729.31. Debts @ 08/04/2016 £0 :j
    Best win so far - holiday to Florida
  • Buffythedebtslayer
    Options
    Big lots of positive vibes for tomorrow my lovely XXXX
    Nevertheless she persisted.
  • stressed.mum
    Options
    Thinking of you both for tomorrow xxxx
    Hoping to stick to the challenge this year!!
    Make £5 a day for 366 started Dec 2019
    YTD £ £ 78.23/£1£1,825
    Cash - £ 48.23 Vouchers - £ 30

Wombling into 2020 £38.78
  • *Robin*
    *Robin* Posts: 3,364 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Stoptober Survivor
    Options
    Positive vibes from me too xxxx
  • Sun_Addict
    Options
    Thank you all. He's now had his scan so now the wait for the results which will be 2 September.

I've had my own medical episode today as I woke up with a swollen face, streaming eyes and covered from head to foot in an angry itchy rash. I think this has been brewing a few days as I've been itchy and my eyes have been a bit runny all week. Looked and felt awful this morning so popped into NHS walk in centre. Saw a doctor and I've got an allergy and need to go for patch testing to find out what it is. I've had these sorts of problems before and the doctor says it's time to get to the bottom of it. I've been subscribed some industrial strength antihistimine tablets. Hopefully these will start to work asap as the itching is driving me mad!

Day 4 of my mini challenge and I've made another payment to the Tesco card of £32. This is courtesy of some money earmarked for payment of my annual fee to Sentinel for card protection which apparently went out of my account at the end of June but I didn't notice and I've been allowing for it on my spreadsheet ever since. So on Day 4 it is: £152.37/£277.34, meaning I've got to pay another £124.97 off by Wednesday to hit my target. The next 10 day target should be easy as it's payday but some 10 day targets won't be as easy as they've been so far.

A few expensive days ahead but there is money in the pot to account for these. Getting my nails done this afternoon (gel colour) so they look nice for my birthday celebrations. Have already spent so far today: £8.05 for prescription, £11.41 in Mr T for cakes for work (there are around 90 of us and we have to buy cakes on our birthday - expensive business), £1.85 in Boots on sensitive skin face cream just in case my face cream is causing the allergy and £2.40 for a Costa on the way back to work after the drop in centre. So far today spent £23.71 and my nails should cost £20. Next week will have to be a low spend week to make up for all this.
  • please-let-me-be-lucky
    Options
    Hope you stop itching soon.

Enjoy your last full day of being ?? Tomorrow Xx
    Debts @ LBM £23,729.31. Debts @ 08/04/2016 £0 :j
    Best win so far - holiday to Florida
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,718 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    You have my sympathy.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure