Forum Home» Food Shopping & Groceries

Reduced bargains and yellow stickers shopping - Page 50

New Post Advanced Search
Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.

Reduced bargains and yellow stickers shopping

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Food Shopping & Groceries
1.1K replies 273.3K views

Replies

• MeeMee Forumite
    1.4K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic
    ✭✭✭
    LeeUK wrote: »
    That must have been a roll back or what ever. It needs a sticker to be reduced. The till can't tell if its a reduction or not from just the normal barcode.

:rotfl:

Sorry, don't compute!:rotfl:
    Free thinker.:cool:
  • Lots of reduced meat in ALdi's at lunch time. Got 500gram packs of mincemeat for £1.30, 8 pack of Irish sausages £0.76p, pork chops 4 for £1.22. Don't normally ever get any reduced items as too much pushing and shoving in the big shops so really pleased with what I got.

Having bagged it all up into portions, it will average out at £0.33p per serving! :j
  • Loads of reduced turkey in my M and S. About 55% off all turkeys an hour ago. Xmas desserts all 50% off too.
  • Just come back from Tesco Castle Lane Bournemouth. They have horribly overstocked on fresh turkeys of every kind and are literally taking crates and crates out of the storeroom.
    Some are 75% off, others just a little less.

Just got a stuffed, bacon wrapped turkey reduced from £42.87 to £10.72, a 4 person bronze turkey crown for £3.83 from £15.32, a rib of beef for £4.57 reduced from £9.14 and loads of other fresh meat/fish bargains. Go quick as they shut at 7! I am sure they will be putting turkeys in the bin tonight if anyone is a freegan lol!

Now have shopper's rush and need a little drink, especially after getting a 1p Christmas tree from B+Q!
  • Just come back from Tesco Castle Lane Bournemouth. They have horribly overstocked on fresh turkeys of every kind and are literally taking crates and crates out of the storeroom.
    Some are 75% off, others just a little less.

Just got a stuffed, bacon wrapped turkey reduced from £42.87 to £10.72, a 4 person bronze turkey crown for £3.83 from £15.32, a rib of beef for £4.57 reduced from £9.14 and loads of other fresh meat/fish bargains. Go quick as they shut at 7! I am sure they will be putting turkeys in the bin tonight if anyone is a freegan lol!

Now have shopper's rush and need a little drink, especially after getting a 1p Christmas tree from B+Q!

Oh and I forgot to add that if you pick up a leaflet by the turkeys and are spending over £40 when buying one, you get £5 off. Also had a £2 voucher and got £135.31 shop for just over £32. Yea!
  • Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.
  • Oh and I forgot to add that if you pick up a leaflet by the turkeys and are spending over £40 when buying one, you get £5 off. Also had a £2 voucher and got £135.31 shop for just over £32. Yea!

Good Stuff - I always enjoy listening to tales of Christmas Dinner Roulette!

My local Aldi had plenty of turkey's left at 50% off - Only got 1 due to lack of Freezer space.

Will be interesting on Thursday (and beyond) to see what kind of other offers are available this year.
  • burnham1burnham1 Forumite
    858 posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    Managed to get loads of veg , fruit and salad 10-20p in asda at about 2 PM, and Turkey welling tons, for just over £4, lots of bread for the freezer, and then at about 6 popped into Tesco and just arrived as the turkeys were going to 75% off so 2 of those for the freezer as well, and lots of other veg packs for the freezer for soup in the new year.....and a wonderful big choc log reduced to £3... A really fun afternoon......and a full freezer.....
    ADOPT DONT SHOP......🐕🐕🐕🐕
  • teddysmumteddysmum Forumite
    9.4K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    I bought two half price turkey crowns from Aldi, along with chocolates reduced from £2.99 to 99p , petit fours reduced likewise and two Dundee cakes at £1.49 each.

However, I was disgusted to hear that the turkey would not be further reduced, even near closing time and that any unsold would be binned. What a waste when people are going without.
  • I got 4 turkey crowns 1/2 price at l!d! today, saved £34! stopped off at c0_0p and got 1/2 price puds too. Nicely stocked up now :)
    Save £12k in 2012 no.49 £10,250/£12,000
    Save £12k in 2013 no.34 £11,800/£12,000
    'How much can you save' thread = £7,050
    Total=£29,100
    Mfi3 no. 88: Balance Jan '06 = £63,000. :mad:
    Balance 23.11.09 = £nil. :)
  • Popped into Tescos on my way to my mums and got a fresh bacon covered stuffing stuffed turkey that was £51.99 and I got it for £12.99. That's Christmas next year sorted. Also picked up iceberg lettuce for 20p
    House purchased November 2013
    Original MF Date: January 2045 - £104,400
    Current MF Date: April 2030- £48,719. 75