We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Flight delay compensation, all other EU airlines

1…6263656768…139

Comments

  • JPears
    JPears Posts: 5,111
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Have you been sucessful?
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

    The alleged Ringleader.........
  • Janie23
    Janie23 Posts: 9 Forumite
    Hi all. I would really appreciate some advice please with an ongoing case I have with Iberia for a 3+ hour delay in March 2016. They initially turned down my claim saying that it was due to 'extraordinary circumstances', which I didn't agree with so I took it to AESA.

    AESA replied saying that they thought I was entitled to compensation and that they were going to request the air carrier to comply with their decision. They contacted Iberia on a number of occasions to rectify this with me. However, since taking this to AESA, Iberia are just completely ignoring my emails, I assume they are hoping I'll just go away!

    I have taken this to Bott & Co to see if they will claim on my behalf but they are unwilling to do so, even though I sent them a copy of the letter from AESA saying that they thought I was entitled to the compensation.

    I am struggling toknow what to do next or if I should just write this off?

    Advice much appreciated!! :)
  • Justice13075
    Justice13075 Posts: 2,008
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    Forumite
    Did bott say why they would't take it on
  • davholla
    davholla Posts: 523
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    With Iberia I think I used flight delayed who got most of my money. With Iberia you have to go to court.
  • Janie23
    Janie23 Posts: 9 Forumite
    Did bott say why they would't take it on

    They said that because Iberia had cited 'extraordinary circumstances' that they were unlikely to succeed in court proceedings - they never even mentioned the AESA letter!
  • Janie23
    Janie23 Posts: 9 Forumite
    davholla wrote: »
    With Iberia I think I used flight delayed who got most of my money. With Iberia you have to go to court.

    Thank you - I will try with them :)
  • davholla
    davholla Posts: 523
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    Janie23 wrote: »
    Thank you - I will try with them :)
    Good luck I am pretty sure it is no win no fee and takes a few months.
  • Justice13075
    Justice13075 Posts: 2,008
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    Forumite
    What were your flight details?
  • Janie23
    Janie23 Posts: 9 Forumite
    What were your flight details?

    It was IB 3160 from Madrid to London Heathrow on 28.03.16.

    I have submitted the claim to Flight Delayed who have validated it and are actioning it accordingly :)
  • Justice13075
    Justice13075 Posts: 2,008
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    Forumite
    EuClaim also say you are not due any compensation. What makes you believe that you are, what were the circumstances.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.