Flight delay compensation, all other EU airlines

Options

Comments

• Justice13075
    Options
    You need to answer the question was this 1 ticket or 2 if it was 2 then you have no case.
  • Caz3121
    Caz3121 Posts: 15,546 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    You need to answer the question was this 1 ticket or 2 if it was 2 then you have no case.
    not quite correct
    If 2 tickets (one to Paris via Athens) and a second ticket for the onwards flight(s) then there may be a compensation claim for EU compensation based on the arrival time into Paris
  • Cazedarnes
    Options
    With respect, I don't need to answer any questions.

The bottom line is that Aegean failed to get me to Paris in time for my onward connection. They had a contract with me to get me to Paris at a certain time; they failed to do so. Consequently, I am over €250 out of pocket.

If they can not be bothered to even respond to my emails and phone calls, then there is something wrong with this organisation.

On a separate point, as a frequent air traveller, I have be held many times by an airline awaiting the arrival of a connecting flight.

In my case, if the next flight to Paris had been full, Aegean would have held the flight for us as they would have have a huge problem rebooking passengers either the same day or the next with the associated costs.

What I am trying to get across here is the fact that through Aegean's fault, (and I am unable at present to discover the cause of the initial delay,) many passengers incurred substantial costs. I am self employed; I am currently bearing the costs.

Having said all this, I am extremely fed up with their attitude of non response.
  • 111KAB
    111KAB Posts: 3,645 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Cazedarnes - with respect we do not need to answer any questions but we do in the hope of assisting delayed passengers. With respect and indeed in accordance with the law Aegean do not have to inform you of the reasons for a delay.
  • Cazedarnes
    Options
    Cazedarnes - with respect we do not need to answer any questions but we do in the hope of assisting delayed passengers. With respect and indeed in accordance with the law Aegean do not have to inform you of the reasons for a delay.

This post is not helpful.

I have not asked you for any assistance.
  • glentoran99
    Options
    Cazedarnes wrote: »

This post is not helpful.

Why did you post on this forum then?
  • 111KAB
    111KAB Posts: 3,645 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Aegean's attitude is very poor and they need to be held accountable for their actions but how do I do it?
    What are our rights here?

You may find my post unhelpful but you placed question marks on your initial question.
    Whilst you may find my response unhelpful I also wanted to point out to the numerous other visitors to these pages that I am willing to assist particularly when the 'full picture' is forthcoming.
  • Vauban
    Vauban Posts: 4,736 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options

Actually, you asked for assistance in answering three questions:
    Where do I stand here with regard to compensation? ...

Aegean's attitude is very poor and they need to be held accountable for their actions but how do I do it? ...

As others have said, to answer these questions properly we need to know more information. If you don't want to provide that, and simply want to vent, then I recommend the trip advisor air travel forum.
  • Caz3121
    Caz3121 Posts: 15,546 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 26 September 2015 at 1:18PM
    Options
    This meant that i missed my connection on AirFrance to my home in Montpellier. It cost me over €250 to rebook for the following day and for an overnight hotel.
    If this was on a separate ticket then you should look to your travel insurance to see if they cover this. Aegean have no responsibility for consequential losses - separate tickets come with risk

At Athens, I was told by Aegean staff that they had no responsibility for my Paris connection and that all they had do was get me to Paris. I was told to contact customer services. I done this repeatedly but i can not seem to get a response.
    If you were on separate tickets you have been given correct information

Where do I stand here with regard to compensation? The CAA in London told me to contact the CAA in Athens.
    Any compensation would be based on your delayed arrival in Paris and would be €400 per person - unless Aegean can prove that the delay was outwith their control - such as weather / ATC etc

Aegean's attitude is very poor and they need to be held accountable for their actions but how do I do it?
    You make a claim for EU261 compensation of €400 based on delayed arrival time in Paris

A family of four also missed their connection to London and are faced with a bill over over €4,000.
    If they were on separate tickets then they should look to their travel insurance re this but should look to claim €400 each based on delayed arrival to Paris

If your other flight was on a separate ticket you are confusing the issue
    You had a delay of over 3 hours on your arrival time to Paris. Unless the delayed departure from Larnaca was due to Air Traffic or weather, you will have a claim for €400 each. Any consequential losses re separate tickets should be addressed to your travel insurance and not Aegean
  • cinereus
    cinereus Posts: 2,706 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Vauban wrote: »
    Rather than play this tortuous game of hypotheticals, why don't you tell us what actually happened and we can give you our best assessment of whether we think compensation is due?

Because it hasn't happened and is hypothetical? I've read the guide and the law and it's far from clear.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback