PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Housework routine

Options

Comments

• fazer6
    fazer6 Posts: 185 Forumite
    Options
    Someone on another thread suggested https://www.organizedhome.com which gives so many organisation tips and could help you sort your cleaning out into more managable chunks. The thing about spending one day a month cooking and freezing each days dinner is a wonderful idea. When I next buy a back of chicken boobs I'll then cook it straight away into different meals for the month. Things like that give you an extra bit of time on the days you don't need to cook so you can easily fit a little bit of extra spring cleaning in. There's also a spring cleaning countdown which looks more managable split up over a couple of months.
  • Caz2_2
    Caz2_2 Posts: 199 Forumite
    Options
    hi my routine is as follows
    up at 7am make 4 packups, empty dishwasher and wipe all kitchen surfaces wth home made wipes, clean out all cat litter trays x3 and refill. empty bin, cup of tea then dressed. Clean bathroom and make all beds (5 beds) make breakfast for 1 child and take to school. Home, wipe surfaces in living room and sweep living, hall, dining and kitchen floors. put on washing, normally 3 per day hang out if poss if not in tumble dryer, tidy up. 9am office work for 3 hours mon -fri. 1pm money saving 1-2 hours. make tea do school run, ironing, bread making, organise packup stuff. tea at 5.30pm. cat litter and feeding, talk to all kids, bath and on here. Monday and friday hoover,dust,empty bins. Never clean cooker,cupboards or move anything to clean. I am a fur coat and no knickers kind of woman everything looks brill but if you open a cupboard its likely to fall out and recently a new foster mum so social services have moved in as well as a child and im knackered oh yes and i wash all the floors when i feel thoroughly ashamed oh and bedding, well! about 3 weeks at moment but for kids its 2 weeks and I garden, grow own veg inside but at moment cats have eaten most of my seedlings oh well HAPPY DAYS.
  • Penny-Pincher!!
    Options
    Thought Id bump this!!

We all struggle with time management and there are some good ideas in this thread.

Hope nobody minds. Thought maybe we could exchange more tips and advice to stop the clutter and simplify the cleaning :confused:

PP
    xx
    To repeat what others have said, requires education, to challenge it,
    requires brains!
    FEB GC/DIESEL £200/4 WEEKS
  • dropdeadgorgeous_2
    Options
    I make a weekly list of chores - and a sub list of things to do each day - and yes, after a general tidy a differentt room gets done each day, ironing has an allotted slot etc. I even guess how long each job is going to take me and try to beat it. Left over time is me time!
  • beadysam
    beadysam Posts: 587 Forumite
    Options
    My routine is.... when I am too embarrassed to let people in and I'd rather hide in the loo than go in and face the kitchen - its time to clean up :o !!!!
    SAM xx
  • Frugal_Fox
    Frugal_Fox Posts: 1,002 Forumite
    Options
    16011996 wrote:
    i've unsubscribed too.

made a chart last night of who goes where when etc, and realised if i juggle things a bit, i can do bits of jobs that take say 10mins, in all sorts of places, which'll help. liked the idea of a room a day, but some days i'm out 12 hours so then they wouldn't get done, but a mate suggested doing half sat morn, half sum morn then going out for a treat, or walk or something to make getting it done quicker worthwhile, what do you think.

Hi - I've not read all the posts - so forgive me if this overlaps what has already been said.

I too am 'ex' Flylady - I follow her 'advice' but do not subscribe to the emails. I have a 'control journal' and each week I tackle a differing area of the house, durring the whole month the house is completely deep cleaned. Also on a monday I do my 'weekly home bless'.

If anyone wants a copy of my 'schedule' PM me and I'll send it to you....

I love Flyladys idea of breaking things down to 15 mins, and the shiny sinks mantra works - but I do not have the time to read all of the emails - I just check the website once or twice a month. Also fab that she reminds ALL LADIES TO EXAMINE THEIR BREASTS.... Particularly important to remember at any time, but particularly this October.

FF
    x
    "A simple life freely chosen is a source of strength. Do not be pursuaded into buying what you do not need or cannot afford." Quaker Faith & Practice 1.02.41
  • JAMIEDODGER
    JAMIEDODGER Posts: 4,339 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    i follow flyladys paln too....i delete the reminders (i never read them) but read the testimonials if i have time. i have been following her plan for two years and i find much of her advice does work...i shine my sink and all the rest and actually found that it gave me MORE time not less. i find the zone cleaning works and i love the missions!!! it really has helped me when the chips were down...ie being left 6 months pregnant with 3 other children and one who is disabled, especially when the baby was born!!! if you can try and see past all the reminder emails (have them set as spam) the rest is pretty good! i like the reminders because they remind me of little things like cleaning out the car and my handbag etc, i dont read the email in full just take note of the title!!! oh and as frugal fox says...thing like checking your breasts etc!!!
    November NSD's - 7
  • Edinburghlass_2
    Edinburghlass_2 Posts: 32,680 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Not sure why this thread was bumped up as there at least another two running about the same thing and as usual I will read and think "oh good idea"
    but will be too busy on here to actually do anything :rotfl:
  • aliasojo
    aliasojo Posts: 23,053 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    beadysam wrote:
    My routine is.... when I am too embarrassed to let people in and I'd rather hide in the loo than go in and face the kitchen - its time to clean up :o !!!!
    SAM xx

Hello there! :wave:

Just wanted to say that is awful. You should be ashamed. I would never let my house get like that.

1-aa7.gif

Yeah right. I had one of my more embarrassing moments recently. The Mum of one of my daughter's friends came to ours to pick up her daughter. Only for some reason, instead of knocking on the front door, she walked round the side of our house and knocked on the back. The back door leads directly into the kitchen which was shall we say a little messy, :rolleyes: and my big buffoon of a son opened the door wide and welcomed her in. Aaaarrrgghhh!

(This Mum is immaculate and her house has just been done up.)

Now, there's only so much mess you can conceal by trying to drape your body over it and not appear weird. :rotfl:

I don't even know what the woman said to me as my mind had gone blank with anger (at son) embarrassment (at mess) and shame (as I just hadn't made the effort to tidy). I looked at her with a fixed stare, willing her to look at me when she was talking to me and not glance around the room.

She must have thought I was either loopy or just plain rude. :D

Hello...my name is aliasojo...I am a computerholic and I am allergic to housework.....
    Herman - MP for all! :)
  • Penny-Pincher!!
    Options
    Sorry I bumped it :rolleyes: Was reading through some very old posts yesterday and thought it would compliment the other threads well. Some very good advice too though.

We have a 20 min blitz every morning-which is very basic but sets us up for the day. Before going to bed-always make sure everything is in dishwasher, sides are clean/clear and toilet flushed :o As I cant get up and down stairs well, I put anything needing taking up (clothes etc) on the stairs and next person going up takes it with them.

PP
    xx
    To repeat what others have said, requires education, to challenge it,
    requires brains!
    FEB GC/DIESEL £200/4 WEEKS
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts