MSE's Cheap Energy Club: Discuss & feedback

Options

Comments

• pinmoney
    pinmoney Posts: 22 Forumite
    Options
    A great idea in principle, but unfortunately i didnt find it to be too accurate. Using your tool the top "saver" told me that i could save £255 pa/£21 pm but could not find out what the unit costs are. If you do a normal Energy comparison in Money Supermarket the same company and tarif are cheapest but the saving here is only £120 pa/£3.14 per month.
  • Bezique
    Options
    We get a 10% discount with our Electricity company because my husband is disabled. This makes the calculations on this website incorrect for us.

When are people going to realise that cheap usually means crappy. My search showed I could make big savings with two companies that have the absolute worst customer service records. Why would I put myself through it? I might be paying a little over the odds but for good customer service and green credentials it's worth it. My time and stress levels are worth more than the savings.
  • whyv
    whyv Posts: 8 Forumite
    Options
    I have a mjor issue with all these comparisons. Its all very well quoting you can save this much.
    Why can't we just see the unit price?
    All this messing around putting details into sites would be so much simpler if all unit prices where listed up front.
    Also why is it so difficult to get prices for cheaper fuel as a business?
    It sems the best deals are if you sign up to a long contract to me is wrong and should be outlawed.

So just show us the Real UNIT PRICE upfront.
  • Olive_Oyl
    Olive_Oyl Posts: 198 Forumite
    Options
    I joined yesterday , today when trying to edit my usage details the EDIT option takes me back to my LOG IN ?

Has anyone else experienced this please.
    Never tell .
  • billycasper_2
    Options
    I have used this but cant seem to find any information on price per kw.. or whether there is a standing charge... Given the many complicated methods companies use to charge you or pass on discounts it would be nice to check for myself the actual price per kw or price of a standing charge... i tried in vain to get the info from the scottish power website but couldnt find it there either...
  • Knead2No
    Options
    Hi,

Was thinking of joining your cheap energy club but found I can’t get quotes because I use LPG, this is bulk by the way, a very large tank in our garden, my latest bill is £640, the last top up I had was 24 weeks ago. In the email they said they couldn’t quote for BOTTLED gas. We use Calor UK Ltd., and according to their website they have a deal with Scottish Power, there is a link from their site to Scot Power but when you try to get a quote, once again “Calor” doesn’t appear in their drop down box. Do you know if anyone else has this kind of trouble or is there a provider out there who is happy to quote for LPG and electricity? I have calculated that I spend about £25.50 per week on LPG and £14 per week on electricity. I don’t know if this is reasonable or not but there are only two of us, I’m retired and my husband will only qualify for pension in the middle of this year. Do I just have to try and get good separate deals from each provider. :(
  • ukspid
    ukspid Posts: 19 Forumite
    Options
    Vixs1 wrote: »
    Just to say I have followed the prompts and the click of a couple of buttons you have potentially saved me £562 per year! Amazing just waiting on the paperwork now
    thank-you :T
    Olive_Oyl wrote: »
    I joined yesterday , today when trying to edit my usage details the EDIT option takes me back to my LOG IN ?

Has anyone else experienced this please.

Cookies disabled?
  • Edowner
    Options
    Email arrived just at the right moment. I joined and immediately switched. Looking forward to great savings. Brilliant!!
  • skyzen
    skyzen Posts: 8 Forumite
    edited 7 February 2013 at 12:37AM
    Options
    Just wanted to say a big thank you for making the site. It only took 3 and a half years but I planted the seed right MSE?? :D:

forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=1907169
  • denfa
    denfa Posts: 6 Forumite
    Options
    as quoted i have saved 220 not 320 but still afab saving lets see how it pans out heres hoping couldnt fix though . hey ho . lets hope they dont raise to soon still only a tener to opt out . nice work Denfa
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure