MSE's Cheap Energy Club: Discuss & feedback

Options

Comments

• Comberspud_2
    Options
    Forgive me if someone has already asked (I haven't read all the posts).

Is the Cheap Energy Club available for those of us in Northern Ireland? It doesn't seem to recognise my poscode and I'm wonding if it's a glitch or if it's because it doesn't cover NI.

Thanks

Carla
  • harz99
    harz99 Posts: 3,647 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Home Insurance Hacker!
    Options
    t0rt0ise wrote: »
    I almost signed up but it wants my address and I don't know why. Is it going to bombard with me spam in the post or sell my details? At the side it says "why we need your address" and expalins it by saying it needs the postcode. A postcode is not the whole address so explanation not relevant. So.. why do you need the whole address?

This point is answered in the other thread by MSE Jamie http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4431051

Which brings me to another point why are MSE running two threads covering basically the same thing?
  • littlefred
    Options
    Hi everyone, Tried to join cheap energy club but as I pay for gas by direct debit and electric by keycard meter it won'tlet me join!
    just as confused as ever. Can anyone help, I would'nt mind chnging everything to direct debit but don't know how.
    Thankyou in advance !!!
    if i had known then what i know now
  • NannaBlock
    NannaBlock Posts: 2 Newbie
    edited 6 February 2013 at 6:01PM
    Options
    Forgive me if I'm making a big BooBoo here but I've never ever posted anything in a Forum before. My problem is this: I tried yesterday to register with the Cheap Energy Club after receiving the email about it. However, when I enter my Post Code, my full address does not appear. It would seem that there may be 2 address databases available because on some websites my address appears and on others some of the address is missing. So can someone please tell me how I can register? Also, apologies if I've done anything wrong here. Many thanks.
  • Alan75
    Options
    I have just joined the Cheap Energy Club and found that the best deal was with SPARK. Unfortunately, the Club cannot do the switch so had to try myself direct.
    Having entered the same figures as on the Club site, they respond by saying the gas usage is too high. (20000kWh)
    So how come the club can quote SPARK as the best deal?
  • Shuggieg
    Shuggieg Posts: 24 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Like a number of others have just signed up for the Energy club and got my first review which says Spark can save me £143/year. After looking at the feedback forum it would appear Spark are a nightmare to deal with. Not a very auspicious start to the Energy Club. I think customer service satisfaction needs to be clearly flagged up when a supplier is being recommended.
  • Shuggieg
    Options
    Alan75 wrote: »
    I have just joined the Cheap Energy Club and found that the best deal was with SPARK. Unfortunately, the Club cannot do the switch so had to try myself direct.
    Having entered the same figures as on the Club site, they respond by saying the gas usage is too high. (20000kWh)
    So how come the club can quote SPARK as the best deal?

Alan did you click the per month or per year on your usage?
  • Vixs1
    Vixs1 Posts: 2 Newbie
    edited 6 February 2013 at 6:03PM
    Options
    Just to say I have followed the prompts and the click of a couple of buttons you have potentially saved me £562 per year! Amazing just waiting on the paperwork now
    thank-you :T
  • Alan75
    Options
    Hi Shuggieg. Will check. But from what I am reading about SPARK, maybe I wont bother. Cheers.
  • Shuggieg
    Options
    Vixs1 wrote: »
    Just to say I have followed the prompts and the click of a couple of buttons you have potentially saved me £562 per year! Amazing just waiting on the paperwork now
    thank-you :T

I hope it wasn't a switch to Spark :O((
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family