The Ultimate February Challenge

Options

Comments

• PurpleJay
    PurpleJay Posts: 526 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi all. Just a quick one from me tonight. I have my second SFD to declare :)

Been to see my mum today at the care home (she has severe vascular dementia) and although she recognised me as someone she knew, I don't think she knew I was me :( When I came to leave she was trying to get up and come with us, she can't walk or even move much but was convinced she had a bus to catch. After I left the room, she was shouting for her sister and screaming. I asked the nurse to go in and waited while she did and mum was ok with her and agreed to have a sleep. I never like leaving if she is upset. We had a nice enough chat earlier but she didn't understand where she was and was very confused. She has been there for 15 months.

Been on the edge of an aura migraine since we got back although it did go off a bit once we had tea. I need an early night. Tomorrow is another day.
    'Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain'
  • his_missus
    his_missus Posts: 3,363 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    evening all!

A SFD to report. made two cards today - valentine's card for Hubby and anniversay card for parents. Saves money and keeps me busy. Plodding on with my knitting slowly. HM chicken kievs for tea, probably moe expensive than shop bought but way tastier :)
  • wiggysgirl
    Options
    First shop of the month....and I spent £32.58, though that did include £7.35 for light bulbs (Can you believe that price???:eek: For lightbulbs??? It's a good job they are supposed to last 12 years...it'll take me that long to save up for the next ones!!!) So as they weren't strictly speaking 'groceries', I will deduct them from my 'spends' instead....:T

Put £20 of petrol in the car, and hoping that will see me through till at least thursday.... not planning any trips tomorrow, but was planning a SFD...However that isn't going to happen now, having just run out of kindling for my fire....:( But I can't be without my fire...i just can't :D
    JAN 2013 - NEW YEAR - NEW LIFE :beer:
    Sealed Pot Challenge # 2014 ;)
    UFC #23 :D SFD 1/14 Fuel 20/120 Groc 25.23/120 Spends 7.88/140
  • Gretchen2012
    Options
    Hi Everyone

I wish I had seen this challenge a few days earlier and joined. So I am going to be a cheerleader for you all this month and hopefully there will be one next month that I can join.

I am going to set myself a budget this month though and see if I can stick to it and see how many SFD's I have. Good luck everyone!!
    TOTAL DEBT - £10866.22/£450.06 PAID O/S £10416.16
    CC - £174.69 - The rest is a family loan and other debts which are 0%
    August Grocery Challenge - £0.00/£250.00

• fairy3
    fairy3 Posts: 511 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Purplejay I feel for you dementia can be very cruel, I am sure your mum enjoyed your chat together, unfortunately time is better measured in minutes than hours and days because of the memory difficulties. I hope the migraine doesn't develop and you get some good sleep.

Had my first spend day today as needed staples however did a fridge dive and made tonights tea and tomorrow's dinner out of existing stuff.

Managed to arrive as everything was being double reduced! Good old YS lady you deserve a medal. I spent £38 so £1 over my weekly budget but happy with purchases which included 13p organic carrots, goats milk for 15p, £10 of posh sausage for £2.50, chicken for £1.25 and sirloin steak for £1. Also used a voucher for free cravendale 2 litres of milk and two christmas pressies Tosco have the lynx sets reduced from £6 to £1.50 so bought two....I know its not strictly UFC but will take out of food budget.
    Have no more excitement planned for the weekend and not planning on spending tomorrow so will concentrate on the insurances.

Hope everyone has a good evening x
    January 2020 Grocery challenge £119.45/£200 :)
    February 2020 Grocery challenge £195.22 /£200
    March 2020 - gone to pot...
    April 2020 - £339.45/£200
    May 2020 - £194.99/£300
  • fairy3
    fairy3 Posts: 511 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    gretchen2012 its only the second day, I am sure you could join up would be lovely to have you on board.
    Good luck with the SFD's.
    January 2020 Grocery challenge £119.45/£200 :)
    February 2020 Grocery challenge £195.22 /£200
    March 2020 - gone to pot...
    April 2020 - £339.45/£200
    May 2020 - £194.99/£300
  • Gretchen2012
    Options
    Thanks Fairy. I'm just trying to sort the rest of my budget for this month then I will post again and hopefully get a number so I can start tomorrow.
    TOTAL DEBT - £10866.22/£450.06 PAID O/S £10416.16
    CC - £174.69 - The rest is a family loan and other debts which are 0%
    August Grocery Challenge - £0.00/£250.00

• NinjaSavingKat
    Options
    Oompa Loompa and Gretchen you are in!! I have eBaying all day and nipped out to the cinema. Zero Dark Thirty is LONG!!
    I have now made £73 in a few days on eBay although awaiting £20 to be paid.. always leaves me a little perturbed when they don't pay straight away!! SO many more items to end in a few days..

I am well proud of everyone but PurpleJay your post hit me the hardest.. it's such a horrible thing to imagine our parents in distress. It worries me all the times as mine are in Ireland. What do I do when they get older.. hence one more reason I am getting my life together now so to speak.. Thank you for sharing this though.. I am sure your Mum settled ok after a wee sleep...

I am off to bed myself with more eBaying tomorrow before overtime at 1500-2300.. treats!!!

Onwards and Upwards.....(amazing how hard it is to write with a cat lying on your arms...)
    “Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent".
  • beckyboo1980_2
    Options
    PurpleJay wrote: »
    Been to see my mum today at the care home (she has severe vascular dementia) and although she recognised me as someone she knew, I don't think she knew I was me :( When I came to leave she was trying to get up and come with us, she can't walk or even move much but was convinced she had a bus to catch. After I left the room, she was shouting for her sister and screaming. I asked the nurse to go in and waited while she did and mum was ok with her and agreed to have a sleep. I never like leaving if she is upset. We had a nice enough chat earlier but she didn't understand where she was and was very confused. She has been there for 15 months.
    :grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug: So sorry - just wanted to send a big hug.
    XXX
    Pay off all your debts by Xmas 2014 #45
    £1197.48/£12,047 - 9.9%
    The Janus Illusion #22
    SFD - 5/20
  • beckyboo1980_2
    Options
    Morning all.
    Really enjoying getting my teeth into new months challenge - just what I need. Haven't had any NSDs yet, but I think not having a target number of NSDs might actually help me spend less on groceries as I will only buy when need something and not in anticipation of running out before I am allowed to go shopping on next spendy day. This month will tell I guess but really want to bring my grocery bill down again!
    Should have my first NSD today as not planning to leave the house - have far too much school work to do!!!
    Hope everyone has a fab day.
    Beckyboo
    XXX
    Pay off all your debts by Xmas 2014 #45
    £1197.48/£12,047 - 9.9%
    The Janus Illusion #22
    SFD - 5/20
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing